The /real/ FAQ

NikSunrider

Being at 55 is like what they say about being in the military: 95% of boredom followed by 5% of near-death experiences.

While selling wares and crafting, I have found myself browsing fleet general chat, and amongst the numerous bad things into which I shall not descend in this post, I see a lot of questions. Some are more intellectual and unique, asking about particular bosses, new game mechanics, and so on, others, however, are asked more frequently, to the point where, I believe, they can be termed FAQs.

Though the site and the game provide FAQ sections, the questions listed there are often unhelpful, and answerable by common sense, such as "Can I purchase a physical security key?".

It is, thereby, my intent to compile a list of the "real" frequently asked questions.

Below are some that I have noticed, and have answers to, but I will be greatful if the community helps me extend this list by adding questions -- and the answers to them -- that they have come across, and that they believe would be helpful.

Lets help those poor fellas out! And lets keep gen chat free of questions like: "Can I romance Satele Shan?". The answer, to all you hopefuls, is no.

Fleet chat FAQs: dated 8th May, 2014

Q: Where is the mod table? A: in the crew skills section of the fleet's space station. Closer to the inside, between the mission crew skill trainers. Alternatively, in the VIP lounge.

Q: Where is the skill reset guy? A: He is in the Combat Training wing of the fleet, in one of the corner rooms, or in the "Central Market" area of your Capital world, i.e the Senate Plaza for the Republic.

Q: How do I get back to Tython!?!?!? i usd a fleet pas? misspellings intentional A: Why did you do that? Anyway, go back to the "Hutta/Korriban" or "Tython/Ord Mantell" departures elevator. West elevator for Carric Station. Then, take a shuttle and voila!

Q: Where can I get gear for my comp? A: Anywhere. Vendors, GTN, loot, crafting, the same place you get your gear.

Q: What is "SnV"? A: Scum and Villainy. And no, you can't help at level 19. No debates.

Q: Is Inheritance mainhand contruction kit any good? A: not for you. It is, perhaps, handy for a low level toon, but by the time you get it, you should have a moddable, modded weapon.

Those are the serious ones I came across. As I stated, if you have more, do post!

You forgot "Which talent tree is best for my advanced class?" and "Which advanced class should I pick?" the answer to all of which is always the same: just pick what suits your style. Edited by Subach

Where do I get my advanced class?

^Biggest quesiton I've ever had in this game, since there is never, ever any indication to you that they even exist during leveling.

I spent at least an hour searching everywhere to get advanced class training on my first character.