How Many Cartel Packs Have You Bought?

Tordos

I've only bought 2 so far on live... most of the stuff I wanted I was able to buy off the GTN. I would like to see some more equipment, and more choice, so for example pieces of the set sold separately. I would also be happy if there was another kind of pack that was offered without companion gifts and materials, say something like 2 random rares and one common with a chance of a very rare. However, I am pretty satisfied with what I have right now.

1) So how many packs have you bought so far?

2) If you bought packs, did you get what you were hoping for more or less?

3) Have you or are you planning to purchase cartel coins to buy packs?

4) What would you like to see added or changed about the cartel market?

Feel free to share what you got in your pack(s) on the roundup I've started. Thank you.

1. About 16.

2. Not really. Got a few mounts and pink crystals that i'm using and the Spymaster chest and gloves ... that's about it.

3. Not anymore no. I'm not a fan of "gamble bags" and got enough mounts for my characters so i'm done with the packs now. The rest i'll get on the GTN.

4. More weapons. More gear. I can't say I like a lot of the gear on the market at the moment so some new ones would be great. And i'm a "collector" of weapons for some strange reason (I blame Fallout 3, my gun stash was immense) and want a more varied selection. But I want them sold on their own, not in packs.

From what I have personally seen, I can tell you right now that EA/Bioware has made gobs of money on this move. Now will start the ever increasing habit of adding new items/content via the cartel market. Subscribers have posted up way too much incentive with their dollars, and EA is now drooling.

... 4. More weapons. More gear. I can't say I like a lot of the gear on the market at the moment so some new ones would be great. And i'm a "collector" of weapons for some strange reason (I blame Fallout 3, my gun stash was immense) and want a more varied selection. But I want them sold on their own, not in packs.

I agree Gomla, there should be more weapons available for direct purchase, the axe is nice but really I think they could use a few more, like a gaderffii stick or something, or one of those ewok bows hehehe.

Edited by Tordos

Now will start the ever increasing habit of adding new items/content via the cartel market. Subscribers have posted up way too much incentive with their dollars, and EA is now drooling.

As a subscriber i have done my part for sure. The Cartel shop is great! I like your optimism and hope like crazy that you are right!!! I hope EA has indeed got the message....we love this stuff!

Klarick

FOUNDER

I bought a dozen

I got a couple new speeders that are cool. The Crime Lord title, nifty. I got 2 really awesome pink-blue crystals that i use

Purchased them for the mask of nihilus, didnt get it. Watch the price of the mask go from 5mil to currently 1.5mil. Still more than i have, or would spend but it seems more obtainable via gtn than box

probably close to 10 packs total. Not a single armor piece, other than the stupid bare chest armor. Got two of them even. around 10 packs, 0 decorative armor pieces, full rocket boost, $30 plus loyalty cc spent.

All I want are armor pieces. Might not be worth the gamble for my anymore.

1) Bought three packs using free coins.

2) No, just junk.

3) Sure, with my free coins.

4) Better gear.

I've bought cartel speeders for all my toons for 25k-40k credits on the GTN. The speeders scale and look good, saving me a lot of credits. So far that's the best thing out of the cartel.

80 dollars worth plus being a subscriber since launch worth of free coins :x didn't get anything I really liked except my pink-purple crystals. I hope they add new playable species via cartel market very soon! Edited by derder

1) Just used my free coins

2) Got a cool mount - some armor (the female lingerie type thing) and some nifty companion gifts!

3) I really was hoping (but not expecting) the mask

4) More unique items like the Mask and Throne, armor, weapons, ect.

Although my guildie did buy like 15 packs - and anything that was duplicated (pink-purple crystals, companion pets, mounts, even gave me the assault cannon for my commando since he doesn't need it) and gave them to the rest of us in the guild - which was pretty awesome :D and I did manage to snag the Mask for 2mil. on the GTN :)

Edited by NightBlizzard

Seven and that my limit per month, that way I can't waste too much money on them. :D Of course, that doesn't mean I will buy them every month. There fun if you go in with mindset of not expecting to get a certain item. I also would love to see more things add to the store for direct buy.

I bought 7 using all my cartel points from being a collector's edition person subscribed since launch.

I got what I wanted, 10 million credits from selling them on the GTN.

I did buy a few more cartel coins to get the inventory space increase. I do not plan to buy more coins.

I would like to see the cartel market never expand in any way. The more credits I can make via the cartel packs, the more end-game crafted mods I can buy. The more I can do of this process, the more the game is pay to win and I feel guilty for not spending real life cash to gear myself out faster.

I bought a dozen

I got a couple new speeders that are cool. The Crime Lord title, nifty. I got 2 really awesome pink-blue crystals that i use

Purchased them for the mask of nihilus, didnt get it. Watch the price of the mask go from 5mil to currently 1.5mil. Still more than i have, or would spend but it seems more obtainable via gtn than box

Feel free to share what you got in your pack(s) on the roundup I've started. Thank you.

1) I've actually bought 28 so far :o (will probably even buy more later)

2) More or less yes, I got the speeders (except the one I REALLY wanted, the throne chair), also got some nice pets...

3) I've bought 2 refills of CC, the 5500 ones, used most of it on packs, but I also used some of it for stuff like Rocket Boost, droid vendor for my ship, some new gear to make my assassin tank finally look like a proper tank not just a dude in a dress... There's also some other stuff that I'm probably gonna buy later for my "free" sub rewarded coins...

4) I dont like the fact that I get so much of of the same loot over and over... I now have 4 of the Covert Torso Energy Armor, i have 6 of the Elegant loungewear Bottoms, 2 of the hat and 2 of the chest, I've also gotten several of the imp and rep banners, 3 sets of the Trailblazers lower armoring boxes, 6 purple/pink crystals, 4 longspur elite mounts (altho the mounts im just gonna send over to my alts :) )

I would have liked better if they had taken the experiance and social boost, companion gifts and crafting mats out of the crimelord pack

Edited by nicosand

I've only bought 2 so far on live... most of the stuff I wanted I was able to buy off the GTN. I would like to see some more equipment, and more choice, so for example pieces of the set sold separately. I would also be happy if there was another kind of pack that was offered without companion gifts and materials, say something like 2 random rares and one common with a chance of a very rare. However, I am pretty satisfied with what I have right now.

3, only with my free Cartel coins before I quit the game and unsubbed. Why would I waste my money on crap? It would be illogical, and at the moment it's all about Star Citizen! :rak_03:

Edited by Foxinator