Petition to Name and Shame PVP Hackers

Icykill_

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am starting this partition thread to get Bio to Name and Shame the people they catch hacking the game.

If you agree, please reply Agree

pretty sure if they are really hacking it wouldn't actually shame them.

Jenna'syyde

I was accused of hacking tonight.

Apparently I was using a "stealth hack".

It wasn't that the 7 50's hunting me down had never heard of Sneak before. Or that you can use rocket boots in stealth. No no. It was because I hacked.

I'm against naming and shaming explicitly because of crap like this. I was accused of speed hacking in Void Star just last week. Because the moron's ON MY OWN TEAM didn't know there was a speed boost before the 2nd door.

If it's legit: Record it (if you can), report it and let BioWare sort it out.

There's WAAAAAAAY too many people out there unfamiliar with other classes and how to play those other classes to start taking every "hacking name and shame" thread seriously.

This has been mention in other game forums before, but the reality is that it does nothing to combat cheating. There is too many negatives that outweigh the positives.

For starters, the list is never accurate on the actual number of cheaters removed. If there were 100 ban names listed, it doesn't mean 100 players were ban. It could be five or ten players that created numerous accounts over time. Unlike paid titles, anyone can make multiple accounts with a F2P title that don't require a purchase fee or a serial key.

Also you have to consider false positive bans. CSRs are humans too and can make mistakes. So even if that player gets their account back, they have to face public scrutiny because of a public name list and will always be labeled a cheater by the community, or suspected of it.

Friends that are defensive; it happens all the time. Those that gets ban, their friends/guild/etc comes to their defense on the forums or in-game chat. They also become targets of the community. It happens... friends, guild mates, or anyone associated with them become targeted by a certain few that want to take out their frustration and anger. And because of this, it leads to further workload for CSRs getting involve due to harassment reports.

And all the list really does in the end is fill a few players curiosity on who they suspect. It won't matter if they're on the list or not, some people will continue to view others as guilty no matter what. Some just lack an understanding on in-game mechanics. Some are very competitive and want to blame others for their failure. And some are just rageaholics that they want to point fingers and name someone to justify their reason.

Last but not least, you have to consider people's privacy, including privacy laws too. While I never attend law school and I'm not claiming to be an expert, I'm pretty sure this is why you don't see online sites like Amazon (for example) posting a Wall of Shame for accounts caught using stolen credit cards. :)

Edited by Termx

There's WAAAAAAAY too many people out there unfamiliar with other classes and how to play those other classes to start taking every "hacking name and shame" thread seriously.

I admit I don't know all the ins and outs of every class, but what ability allows players to do this? Seems to be an effective way of monitoring and responding to nodes in civil war. Maybe just a bug, but odd that a fairly prominent pvp guild that wins a lot of WZs was a "victim" of it. Kind of reminds me of jumping the wall to get to mid in the early civil war days.

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/3300/screenshot2013031900050.jpg

/signed

But they will never do it. People who pay money for video game hacks are also willing to pay money for in-game items. Why discourage them.

If anyone here ever played APB. What I talk about here was a long time ago. I left the game a very very very long time ago and don't follow it now. But The Devs openly talked on their BLOG about how players were hacking but also spending large amounts of money in their in-game store. It seemed like it amazed them and they were sad to ban them. They were posting ban list on their forums for a while and then stopped before i quit the game.

Edited by KillaDeuce

I am starting this partition thread to get Bio to Name and Shame the people they catch hacking the game.

If you agree, please reply Agree

People who cheat don't have any shame, so why would this work? they are faceless internet losers. They need to have their IP banned from their provider or something more permanent. As soon as this game went free, there will be tons of hackers now.

pretty sure if they are really hacking it wouldn't actually shame them.

Jenna'syyde

You have a point. But I think that they are some people who cheat to get acknowledgment for being strong (but they won't admit it, it's the inferiority complex), and these ones can get hurt if they feel that the few aknowledgment and admiration they could have got from some ignorants turns into hate and laughs.

BW would never allow this, and they shouldn't. It'd turn into a witch hunt and 99.9999% percent of the posts in it would be crap, nerd-rage tarnishing the names of legitimate players who actually understand the game mechanics.

Sad but true

I admit I don't know all the ins and outs of every class, but what ability allows players to do this? Seems to be an effective way of monitoring and responding to nodes in civil war. Maybe just a bug, but odd that a fairly prominent pvp guild that wins a lot of WZs was a "victim" of it. Kind of reminds me of jumping the wall to get to mid in the early civil war days.

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/3300/screenshot2013031900050.jpg

You can get up to to the top of civil with some creative use of force speed. Every once in a while after we already 3 capped the other team and are just farming them at the spawns one of my guildies feels the need to get up there then pull up random people.