Nerfed Companion Heals SUCK

SickTag

agreed, its amuses me how many people are actually "happy" with nerf. BioWare losing majority subscriptions anyway. Its likely they will take back their stupid nerf in upcoming days.

Well, they've already announced they'll be buffing them again.

Now it remains to be seen to what extent.

Have you not seen this yet?

EricMusco

Companion Change Feedback | 11.21.2015, 12:01 AM

Hey folks,

First off, we want to thank all of you for your feedback about Companion balance following 4.0.2. As we go into the weekend, we wanted you to know that we have gone through this thread, the forums, Reddit, and social media to gather everyone’s perspectives. We have come out of this with quite a few action items that we are going to take, including buffs for Companions. On Monday, we are going to release a forum post highlighting our plans to address current Companion balance, along with the state of Heroic Missions and Star Fortress.

Thank you all once again for your feedback.

-eric

Thats good, but in my case doesn't really matter because launcher downloads entire game from start- means I will not able to play SWTOR for long time. I opened a thread about this yesterday without any replies, and I can't left my PC open 3 days to download a video game.

but thats good news at least

Are you using BitRaider to do your patching? It sounds like you are having the same issues I had when they first started using it. I disabled it and use the original SSN patching method and have very little issues with problems like this since.

Here is the link for how to do it: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=853909

Yes you will have to redownload the entire game again, but once you do patching will never be an issue for you again unless the patch is broken for EVERYONE.

agreed, its amuses me how many people are actually "happy" with nerf. BioWare losing majority subscriptions anyway. Its likely they will take back their stupid nerf in upcoming days.

It amuses ME how so many people honestly think they'd not get bored with immortality that god companions bring. Too good companions pretty much erase any measure of required gameplay from your game. GL not getting bored by it in month or two. KOTFE-era balance of SW;TOR would be a major laughing stock across entire video gaming community, if game was popular enough to be widely known.

Nerfed companion heals is crap. Not enough, and only for small amounts when they do. Worthless companions.

What did you do in the 4 years before Kofte?

Its not like a new game where comps are implemented op then nerfed. They're at a similar lvl to pre 4.0 which imo is what they should have been initially

Alright, alright just chill out. It's ok. Take a breather, do some laps and come back. They are adjusting the numbers on Monday. They obviously knew they nerfed them too hard after looking at the numbers. They needed a nerf but they nerfed them too much.

Chill, chill, chillio!

Edited by Sarfux

you have problems about other people's opinions? He is a player of SWTOR and he have every right to explain

his ideas on official forums.

Oh wait, only "nerf defenders" can start threads right?

There are five other threads right on the first page arguing about this he could have vented in and added his voice to. Every single person with an account doesn't need their very own thread to be the center of attention for 5min, especially when it adds literally nothing to the discussion.

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm burned out on this subject in a major way and would really love to see some other discussions on the general section once in a while instead of another twenty more like this from people so filled with nerd-rage they didn't even bother to spend 10sec looking for one of the dozen other threads about it.

Because we definitely needed another thread of this. :rolleyes:

Well there, buff companions, dont buff companions, L2P, Lag, and an assortments of troll threads to choose from that are are multiples, have you posted this in everyone ? or just the ones that talk about what you dont like?

Its not like a new game where comps are implemented op then nerfed. They're at a similar lvl to pre 4.0 which imo is what they should have been initially

For those of us who actually put gear on our companions, 4.0.2 companions aren't even close to what they could do in 3.0, or even 2.0. Companions now are like campaign/dreadguard geared companions were in 1.0, except more hp.

Maybe your issue is that you didn't actually put the gear on your companion after you finished Yavin, because you got a whole set of 192 companion gear just doing the story.

And it always amuses me how this needed the 703 new thread to discuss.

It also amuses me how the critics assume that they lose a "Majority" of their subscriber base, when 90% of the people probably don't care either way.

It also amuses me how people claim that majority without providing factual data, pulling those numbers out of their...

Cats also amuse me. I'm a person with a healthy laughter.

Is there any SOLO content you can no longer solo due to this nerf?

The better question is, are there certain missions that are no longer soloable with certain classes.

For example, just this morning I did the Heroic 2 "Not Afraid Enough" on Voss on my Trooper. Even with a 1 min mezz I can apply to anything and having access to off heals, I still died a lot. I think of my Mara with no off heals and a 1 min mezz that is useless (can only be applied to droids) and I can't see myself finishing this mission at all solo.

Why?

Because every pull has multiple golds and silvers and I have to be selective with who I apply my solo target mezz on. Getting wailed on by 5 silvers or 2 golds and 2 silvers, or at one point 4 golds and it becomes a dps race where you hope your healer companion can keep you in the fight long enough to kill something so that when you rezz you can better solo the survivors.

And don't get me started on multiple gold mobs having access to stuns and interrupts ...

It probably took me 30 - 45 mins to do this one Heroic that was obviously intended to be a Heroic 4 and wasn't scaled down accordingly. But between level sync and companion debuff, I just don't see the average solo player doing this one at all.

If there was one positive out of this experience it was that the game didn't punish me for multiple deaths. When I went in to repair, my repair bill was zero.

Edited by ForceWelder

It amuses ME how so many people honestly think they'd not get bored with immortality that god companions bring. Too good companions pretty much erase any measure of required gameplay from your game. GL not getting bored by it in month or two. KOTFE-era balance of SW;TOR would be a major laughing stock across entire video gaming community, if game was popular enough to be widely known.

And it dosent get boring doing in almost every fight you do in the hc's? and how many of those fight are in a HC muliplied by the amount of HC's it takes to max out the rep with the 4 alliances

And it dosent get boring doing in almost every fight you do in the hc's? and how many of those fight are in a HC muliplied by the amount of HC's it takes to max out the rep with the 4 alliances

But sitting there regenerating health is never boring, it's called challenge.

The challenge is not gouging your eyes out before you finish said heroic.

I found that the healing output is Everly Limited compared to "before" however before it was too overpowered, lmost to the point of not being fun, you heal more then you take BOSS damage meaking it too powerful.

Now I can understan some complains of heal being underpowered......I like it, it gives ENOUGH output to make me "again" begin to play my class, not just "play".

Also by earning influence, failry fast With 1 of the Companions really fixes this as well.....

A lvl 10ish Companion SHOULD have lesser hela output then a Level 30 Companion etc...........again this what happens now...and is a good thing.

Could the healing still be better.......yes!.

My issue is that the AI of the comps makes ALL other modes then Helaing mode totally useless....

Tanking is totally useless, and dps mode.........well that too.

THERE are the changes I would like to see, a better AI for tanking and dps......the healing Works ok enough

Because we definitely needed another thread of this. :rolleyes:

Well, you've certainly blasted your opinion on the subject...over and over...into every conversation on the topic. Is there any reason why someone else shouldn't do the same? Other than that they don't agree with you, of course. :rak_03:

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm burned out on this subject in a major way and would really love to see some other discussions on the general section.

So, someone is actually there in the room with you and twisting your arm to force you to open these threads, read comments, and then reply? Wow, that's harsh. :rolleyes:

Edited by Hiply

I think of my Mara with no off heals and a 1 min mezz that is useless (can only be applied to droids) and I can't see myself finishing this mission at all solo.

I had no problems doing the Voss heroics as a Marauder. But I think the mission you refer to is Republic only.

To be fair, before Kotfe, the expansions had plenty of Non Heroic dailies that the more casual player could do. But with Kotfe, its all about Heroics.

Also before Kotfe, we could outfit our companions to increase their effectiveness. Now their effectiveness is entirely based on Influence.

Having Heroics being pretty much the only end game grind content combined with level sync isn't very fun for the more casual crowd.

Plus it can be hard on certain classes because some Heroics have pulls that have multiple golds and silvers. Even with CC's, the nerfed companion cant keep up with much of the damage.

Edit- Just wanted to add that, unlike pre-Kotfe, Companions are going to be judged by how well they perform while soloing Heroic 2's for all classes, not just some classes.

Edited by Apache

Well, you've certainly blasted your opinion on the subject...over and over...into every conversation on the topic. Is there any reason why someone else shouldn't do the same? Other than that they don't agree with you, of course. :rak_03:

So, someone is actually there in the room with you and twisting your arm to force you to open these threads, read comments, and then reply? Wow, that's harsh. :rolleyes:

Exactly. As if she is being forced to reply to these topics. :p