Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stronghold Landing Pads

MaddogThunders
05.14.2015 , 08:52 AM | #1
The other day I happily purchased two dark projects and two Universal Prefabs Mk-3's ( I think that's what they were)... Anyway, I wanted to buy the XS freighter for my Coruscant stronghold. It was TIME to put that ship in it's own parking space, LOL. I already have the Fury down on Drommund Kaas and the X70B- Phantom on Tattooine.
SOOOOOOO, I purchased the ship, went to Coruscant to place the Decoration. I tried to place it and it wasn't there!!!
( OH noes!! What did I do wrong?!?!?!) Well, after relogging, rebooting and sending in a ticket, I find out that Coruscant DOESN'T have a landing pad( per the response mail from the help droid). Now I have a decoration I cannot use and in waiting for the response from the help center, I cannot return it ( SIGH). I do hope we can get landing pads at ALL of the Strongholds. Sincerely no one important..........

Kianabamin
05.14.2015 , 09:42 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by MaddogThunders View Post
The other day I happily purchased two dark projects and two Universal Prefabs Mk-3's ( I think that's what they were)... Anyway, I wanted to buy the XS freighter for my Coruscant stronghold. It was TIME to put that ship in it's own parking space, LOL. I already have the Fury down on Drommund Kaas and the X70B- Phantom on Tattooine.
SOOOOOOO, I purchased the ship, went to Coruscant to place the Decoration. I tried to place it and it wasn't there!!!
( OH noes!! What did I do wrong?!?!?!) Well, after relogging, rebooting and sending in a ticket, I find out that Coruscant DOESN'T have a landing pad( per the response mail from the help droid). Now I have a decoration I cannot use and in waiting for the response from the help center, I cannot return it ( SIGH). I do hope we can get landing pads at ALL of the Strongholds. Sincerely no one important..........
I'm assuming you mean you have the Fury on Nar Shaddaa since you can't place a ship on DK either.

No, the 2 smaller cheaper strongholds do not have landing pads for ships.
Hopefully the new Yavin 4 one will.
On your way to Hades kindly observe the mistletoe hanging from my coattails and well, you know......

------- AND FIX THE CONTRABAND SLOT MACHINE ------

MaddogThunders
05.14.2015 , 10:37 AM | #3
Yes I meant Nar Shaddaa, Sorry was quite tired when I posted that this morning

Banthabreeder
05.16.2015 , 03:43 AM | #4
I think your important.
“Don’t call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease.”

MaximusRex
05.24.2015 , 02:40 PM | #5
There is no space for a landing pad at the Dromund Kaas/Coruscant Strongholds. The pad on the balcony supports a Centerpeice hook, which takes up the entire pad. A Centerpeice hook is 1/9th the size of a Starship hook. The pad on the balcony would have to made 9 times larger (three times wider and 3 times deeper) to hold a Starship hook. That would make it larger then the rest of the level. I think it's safe to say that's not going to happen.

XiamaraSimi
05.26.2015 , 08:29 AM | #6
I still imagine someone trying to land their VERY LARGE starship on that VERY SMALL platform to go something along the lines of a Wile E. Coyote shenanigan.

Just looking at the obvious lack of structural suport under the platform when viewing the DK/Coro cinematic, i imagine:

A) Your giant ship smashes the large windows trying to touch down

B) The sheer amount of weight stacked on that unsupported ledge causing it to snap off like a kiddie pool diving board under a 400 lb ogre. (Or the scene of the Flintstones end credits where the waitress puts the giant rack of dino ribs on the window ledge and the car tips over)

The imagery of your char popping its head out the top escape hatch holding up an umbrella and a "Help!" Sign as it plummets down is funny though...

SplashNOR
06.03.2015 , 06:43 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by XiamaraSimi View Post
I still imagine someone trying to land their VERY LARGE starship on that VERY SMALL platform to go something along the lines of a Wile E. Coyote shenanigan.

Just looking at the obvious lack of structural suport under the platform when viewing the DK/Coro cinematic, i imagine:

A) Your giant ship smashes the large windows trying to touch down

B) The sheer amount of weight stacked on that unsupported ledge causing it to snap off like a kiddie pool diving board under a 400 lb ogre. (Or the scene of the Flintstones end credits where the waitress puts the giant rack of dino ribs on the window ledge and the car tips over)

The imagery of your char popping its head out the top escape hatch holding up an umbrella and a "Help!" Sign as it plummets down is funny though...
Ahh Hahahahaha!! So funny to imagine this!!