Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maximum Usable Hooks (Especially in the gorgeous new stronghold)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
Maximum Usable Hooks (Especially in the gorgeous new stronghold)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JuJooGuppy
06.05.2015 , 04:19 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidStaats View Post
Hi all,

We are still reviewing the number of hooks allowed for the Yavin 4 Stronghold, so the number which was shown during our stream is not necessarily indicative of the final hook allowance. We thank you for your feedback, and look forward to seeing the amazing future arrangements you will come up with!
Thank you for the reply, and for the knowledge that this is something you are still further reviewing! Thank you for your time, look forward to exploring the Yavin stronghold soon.

Monumenta
06.05.2015 , 05:31 PM | #12
I dont understand why there is a max at all.

I get that the 100% is for the conquest bonus but why cant we place more decos after weve reached 100% just because we want to see them?

Muljo_Stpho
06.06.2015 , 08:32 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Monumenta View Post
I dont understand why there is a max at all.

I get that the 100% is for the conquest bonus but why cant we place more decos after weve reached 100% just because we want to see them?
"Performance issues" maybe? (Part of the same issue for why there's a cap on the number of active strongholds, even?)

Although, yeah, if everything could run perfectly in all conditions it would be sensible to try something different to introduce some disconnect between conquest bonus and hook limits. Like maybe... suppose each stronghold can be allowed to contribute 2% per room unlock and 1% for every 4% stronghold completion, but always capping out at 35% contribution from a single stronghold (even though the total can reach 43% with those numbers). And along with this the total conquest bonus would cap out at 100% (even though just 3 strongholds could exceed that cap with a total of 105% and a 4th would bring it up to 140%). Then people don't need to hit the hook limits (whether they remain as they are now or get increased to higher amounts) just to max out their bonus and there's some wiggle room for designers in between maxing the bonus and hitting the hook limit. (I know my numbers are probably too generous. It's just an example.)

Banthabreeder
06.10.2015 , 08:01 PM | #14
Just got word today that Yavin 4 Stronghold max hooks will be buffed from 485 to 870 in patch 3.3.
“Don’t call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease.”

Icestar
06.11.2015 , 01:44 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Banthabreeder View Post
Just got word today that Yavin 4 Stronghold max hooks will be buffed from 485 to 870 in patch 3.3.
So, where is this word comming from?

Banthabreeder
06.11.2015 , 02:31 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
So, where is this word comming from?
Public Test Server
“Don’t call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease.”

Icestar
06.11.2015 , 02:58 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Banthabreeder View Post
Public Test Server

Yavin is on the test server?

I thought they wrote that it is not on the test server and if you buy it you waste credits.

But if it is true and will go live it is awesome, I am happy with 870 hooks.

Jerba
06.11.2015 , 05:26 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
Yavin is on the test server?

I thought they wrote that it is not on the test server and if you buy it you waste credits.

But if it is true and will go live it is awesome, I am happy with 870 hooks.
You can still buy the stronghold and it will show up in your stronghold list (along with the occupancy/hook limits) but when you click the "Travel" button, nothing happens.

By the way, in case you didn't see it, I started a discussion in the PTS forums on the new hook limit (mostly talking about Tatooine SH): http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=816912
Scoundrel healer. Raid leader. Guild officer @ Tulak Hord

Icestar
06.11.2015 , 07:52 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
You can still buy the stronghold and it will show up in your stronghold list (along with the occupancy/hook limits) but when you click the "Travel" button, nothing happens.

By the way, in case you didn't see it, I started a discussion in the PTS forums on the new hook limit (mostly talking about Tatooine SH): http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=816912
Ok, lets hope those numbers make it into the game then.

Regarding Tatooine I have decided to deactivate thatone for Yavin 4 so I will not focus on it at all.

SplashNOR
06.11.2015 , 08:52 PM | #20
I've fully decorated my Tat, DK and Coruscant SH's, so I'll probably deactivate the Nar Shaddaa, as I've never reached 100% anyway. I watched the stream on Youtube, and was really taken aback when I saw how huge it really is. It'll be a real challenge to decorate (and make it look good). But somehow I got this feeling of Luke Skywalker's Jedi Academy after RoTJ, and as written in games and books. It'll be really interesting.