The Bastion or the Harbinger?

Tom_the_Narwhal

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we have been watching the warzones all day on both servers and just did a search on how many lvl 50s warzones running on the servers...

harbinger - 1 warzone

bastion - 3 warzones

bastion has had more lvl 50 warzones running all day. even though the harbinger has a higher pop on the fleet atm.

id definitely recommend everyone who wants to pvp go to bastion and everyone who wants to PvE or hang out on the fleet with more people to talk to try the harbinger... theres not 1 right server for everyone so youll have to choose depending on what play style you prefer.

I've started keeping a track of this too, as I admit it's probably a better indication of a healthy server (for me) than simply fleet population or /who 50.

Last night when I tried it was 3-1 in favour of the Harbinger but it requires a lot of sample points and average to be worthwhile. Coupled with it being a holiday period we might get a more accurate assessment from Tuesday onwards.

Edited by ausmisc

I've started keeping a track of this too, as I admit it's probably a better indication of a healthy server (for me) than simply fleet population or /who 50.

imo it's really inaccurate to use this as a measure over the weekend of double xp.

I think you're more than likely to see rerolls on a pve server than a pvp server.

Also are you taking note on if it's ranked games or not, even tho that'd be mildly harder to find out.

Hey yeah sorry, me and Nemm had discussed that too and decided it'd be more accurate after the weekend being a double xp and holiday period. I edited my post.

Yeah I was just about to post that on harbs right now there is 22 under 50's games and only five 50's games which would be highly different to the norm.

Mostly Aussie with a few American members.

You forgot the dude from Korea (me :D)

In all seriousness, if anybody from these servers has a reason to hit up Seoul send me a PM. I heard there might be a war here so may need a ride out of here ;)

Also are you taking note on if it's ranked games or not, even tho that'd be mildly harder to find out.

i think weve sorted that bastion is better for ranked anyway... the harbinger guilds are saying its dead/declining. someone from the squirtle squad said it but cant remember who. was just trying to help with normal wz pops cause thats what most will be doing

i think weve sorted that bastion is better for ranked anyway... the harbinger guilds are saying its dead/declining. someone from the squirtle squad said it but cant remember who. was just trying to help with normal wz pops cause thats what most will be doing

Because pure numbers mean nothing compared to ONE persons opinion that it is 'declining'. My bad.

Edit: if you speak to anyone on the actual server games do happen, therefore it's not dead.

Edited by Antiskeptic

Because pure numbers mean nothing compared to ONE persons opinion that it is 'declining'. My bad.

Edit: if you speak to anyone on the actual server games do happen, therefore it's not dead.

I think the context of the discussion is where the best ranked scene is - not whether you can get games. An opinion from the top PVP guild on the Harbringer would obviously be helpful, since we're talking about quality vs. quantity.

dude the best guild on harbinger is saying it. no one cares about ranked 'happening' they care about how good the teams are... and hes saying theres no competition there.

dude the best guild on harbinger is saying it. no one cares about ranked 'happening' they care about how good the teams are... and hes saying theres no competition there.

The members I spoke to said they were merely making alts on Bastion to try some different competition.

As you can see from the list of guilds heading Harbinger, they'll have plenty of competition come 2.0

The members I spoke to said they were merely making alts on Bastion to try some different competition.

As you can see from the list of guilds heading Harbinger, they'll have plenty of competition come 2.0

The same amount of 'competition' we've had the past few months man?

My GS is going to Bastion - (fatnerd is considered the best Sniper on NA West Coast, so naturally I'm keen to challenge him and maybe actually learn something from another GS/Sniper - something that hasn't happened since Shenoto and Ambeon left the game)

Dam just saw this. Didn't know you used to play with Ambeon. Pre 1.2 we had a sick team <Absolute>:

Ambeon, Vornz, Angra, Clu, Dunpeal, Blaster

I remember Ambeon raging at a guildie for qutting a WZ when we were getting smashed saying, "you will never que with us again." Lol. He was an awesome guy. After 1.2 we changed our name to <Elite Warlord PVP Gear> and added Pr'ro, Hit and Hitgirl. MDN was so sweet for a while :(

Edited by iheartnyc

Lets bash on the guilds that didnt choose the server we want!! YAY!

These threads are getting stale. No timeframe even mentioned yet. Guess everyone can take the 2-3 months break from the game till they actually get around to performing these transfers/merges.

Edited by SupaHsuB

Come on chief. You know cores A team is in a different league to all the guilds going to the harbs so no matter how many go it still won't matter

Harbinger will be the server of choice for Midian. The points around population and an Aussie community made it the better choice for us.

A couple of guildies have indicated their preference to go to The Bastion, and they go with our blessing.

I think the context of the discussion is where the best ranked scene is - not whether you can get games. An opinion from the top PVP guild on the Harbringer would obviously be helpful, since we're talking about quality vs. quantity.

Well that's the issue isn't it, it's all a matter of opinion, as I stated in your thread on the bastion, which btw I like that you only started that discussion on the bastions forum and not harbs forum, People are attempting to use games that were played when both teams had severe disadvantages that made their games severely hampered at the time which they claim to have caused their loses.

The same amount of 'competition' we've had the past few months man?

There are 3 imp 'top' guilds on harbs and two repub, also about 10 other imp teams that queue (Not sure how many pubs, wasn't told) Apparently if you random queue with a team you're likely to get a game (at about 7pm our time) 5/7 nights a weak, otherwise all you need to do is tell one of the imps you want to queue and they'll get a game together (by the imps I mean the 3 imp guilds.) I haven't had a chance to talk to either of the pub guilds, just from lack of trying.

This information was passed on to me from Opfotm the only Harbinger player that's commented on this thread.

Please show me where they are saying this, I'm yet to see it anywhere obiray.

Edited by Antiskeptic

I like that you only started that discussion on the bastions forum and not harbs forum,

That was an oversight on my part I admit. Just did not feel comfortable posting on a server forum on which I had no toons, especially considering how much grief I got for posting here :p

I don't want to sound negative but Bio where seems to bring it out in me all I want to know is are the transfers confirmed I mean I know we are being moved but I talked to them via phone and was told that they where not awhere we where going to be given an option to witch server we would be going to all they knew was we where being moved to the corresponding N/A server ie MDA = Bastion Del = Harbinger I would just like confirmation from someone that has some solid intell on whether we really will be given a choice or is this all speculation that Bio where will do something that we actually want ? Just confirm if you can.

I posted this in the other thread, and I may recieve some hate over here on Bastion forums, but the discussion HAS been very one sided.

Thought I would just post real quick and give the OP some info on the ranked scene on harbinger. Currently there are two teams that consistently do ranked and they are Lukewarm Tauntauns and Squirtle Squad/Ascendancy. There are about 4 or 5 other teams that join in when they can but they don't usually stick around very long after losing a couple and they tend to try and queue when one of the above mentioned teams aren't queuing.

Anyways back to yo smack talk! Party on Wayne.

This is a relatively good summary of the ranked scene, at this very moment. A lot of players are coming back for 2.0, mumble has been seeing them come in, friends list etc. Everyone is leveling their alts (trying to find new FOTM's, I suppose) as well so right now I've only been in 10 RWZ' in the last week. We do kickball on imp side pretty much every night aside from Double XP weekends, and sometimes during kickballs just run silly stuff (my favorite was the no bubble stun, no smash' we ran the other day with 3 healers per team).

The ranked scene, when the top 2-3 teams are queuing is competitive, games are always close and tight. Maybe before 2.0 comes out I'll try to convince ascendancy/squirtle and Lukewarm Tauntauns to stream a few matches. As great as the PTS rateds were, I will say that no team was quite as good as the full 8 man tauntaun team is, playing against them has resulted in quite literally the most exciting and fast paced games I've ever been in SWTOR PvP and I want you APAC guys who are coming over to see that.

Our RWZ' usually go from 10 or 11 our time and into the start of the APAC prime time, much like Bastion's; if you're curious about time. Sometimes there are earlier games, just depends.

TL;DR-

I don't mean to offend anyone, just saying it how it is in harbinger's pvp scene. The community is amazing, i'd argue its one of the best anywhere. If a team is fielding a RWZ team, 1-2 other guilds may form up together to play a competitive team if they dont have 8 on each (this happens often really late at night).

I am interested to see how 2.0 changes all of this, (for the better I'd presume, like I said a lot of players are coming back :D ).

Anyways, I'm out. Thanks for letting me post my piece and I hope all of the APAC players ultimately find a destination that THEY will enjoy.