Planets That Need To Be Added

sir_star_wars

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, definetely. But you must be aware that Naboo in the old republic isn't like the one in the movies. I think this is around the time of the settling process. But mostly it's a jungle with gungans.

Kashyyk would be awesome of course, wookies are an old species so that one would definetely fit in the old republic. You would have like the upper level in the trees, and then the lower level, which would be full of dangers.

Yes, definetely. But you must be aware that Naboo in the old republic isn't like the one in the movies. I think this is around the time of the settling process. But mostly it's a jungle with gungans.

Kashyyk would be awesome of course, wookies are an old species so that one would definetely fit in the old republic. You would have like the upper level in the trees, and then the lower level, which would be full of dangers.

Yep. Perhaps the Republic and Empire are both sent in to Naboo to try and ally with the settlers, and it results in a war. Idk, it would be cool if the producers did something with this, though.

As for Kashyyyk, I totally agree.

Kamino would also be a great planet to explore. Maybe it wasnt as flooded back then? Who knows, it would just be flat out epic no matter what they did with it,

I like those worlds to and i concur on all points. I like to add i love to see a cloud city a huge one, where the winds blow 30 to 70 or more mph and that chance of being blown off a platform and the odds are, a high one, (no pun attended) but i believe that would be awesome as well.....

BW make it happen all great worlds :rak_03:

I'd even go with the obvious just from the KOTOR games...

Dantooine (duh?)

Onderon/Dxun

Telos

Manaan

It would be neat to have a couple space stations as part of a smaller update as well, like how the Pergaus Mining Station was in TSL

kamino would be aganst canon, as hey stayed out of it all till the clone wars. sorry

naboo has only got colony on knowld be out of it no stragic importance. sorry

Geonosis could be as open world pvp, to stay in canon.

others yes you could be in as well

Edited by legolegion

Manaan. Why aren't we fighting for Kolto on Manaan again? I think this could also be a great WZ as well incorporating platforms hovering above water or docks fighting for access to the planet.

Dagobah. Such a mysterious planet that holds secrets of the force that both sides want access to or want to block access to.

Dantooine. It's in the comics and previous video games. This would be a great way to incorporate more color and power crystals in to the game. Maybe make it a side quest planet or at least one with tons of dailies.

Yavin IV.

So many planets that could be explored. I do like that they've added new ones to the lore already like Denova.

Manaan. Why aren't we fighting for Kolto on Manaan again? I think this could also be a great WZ as well incorporating platforms hovering above water or docks fighting for access to the planet.

Two reasons:

1. The kolto supply began to decline over the last few centuries and by now levels of kolto production aren't even close to the level necessary to sustain one military, let alone two.
  2. Improvements in bacta refinement and production have made it both qualitatively superior to kolto and more cost-efficient.

During the initial phase - pre-Treaty of Coruscant - of the war, the Selkath believed that they had an opportunity to make some cash by repeating their neutral stance, with the assumption that the war would create enough of a demand for healing products for kolto to be able to wedge its way back into the market. The Sith thought that this was a load of crap and basically wiped out the surface cities of Manaan by orbital bombardment in retribution for the Selkath's temerity.

Two reasons:

1. The kolto supply began to decline over the last few centuries and by now levels of kolto production aren't even close to the level necessary to sustain one military, let alone two.
  2. Improvements in bacta refinement and production have made it both qualitatively superior to kolto and more cost-efficient.

Hmm. Is that wwy the most elite troopers in the Republic (ie Commando healers) use kolto for everything?

Edited by SalBasss

Two reasons:

During the initial phase - pre-Treaty of Coruscant - of the war, the Selkath believed that they had an opportunity to make some cash by repeating their neutral stance, with the assumption that the war would create enough of a demand for healing products for kolto to be able to wedge its way back into the market. The Sith thought that this was a load of crap and basically wiped out the surface cities of Manaan by orbital bombardment in retribution for the Selkath's temerity.

And yet none of the healing abilities in the game are named bacta bomb or bacta cloud. :rolleyes:

Mhm. I think we could actually make this work.

Geonosis would be a great PVP World, so they could add that.

They could do just about anything with Kamino and have it stay in canon, because nothing was ever mentioned about Kamino before the clone wars. It would be sweet to see it have islands-- instead of it all being flooded like it is in the clone wars. Maybe the islands contain resources that both sides would want.

Kashyyyk would be an amazing world. Maybe the Empire is using Wookies as slaves and the Republic comes and attempts to liberate them. Idk.

I also personally would love to see Mustafar. Ideas on this? I was thinking it could be mineral rich (or something along those lines) and both sides fight for it.

Also, I agree that they should have Space Stations like Peragus. I mean, that's genius. Maybe it is a fairly large yet abandoned one, so both the Empire and Republic are fighting for it- though that seems more like a flashpoint.

Anyways, all of these are greats ideas.

SW:TOR has a LOT to expand on, so I'm sure they may all be added eventually. Any other good ideas for some planets?

I'm just throwing in my 2 cents on what planets I think should be added. It wont ruin the game if they arent:

Kashyyyk

Naboo

Kamino

Geonosis

Mustafar

I know these are all classics, but it would be amazing.

Anyone agree? Disagree?

NO! I'm tired of episode 1-6 BS. Give me new things. Give me planets I have not played in the other video games, or seen in the movies. Episode 1-6 are done. Its about time to give us more planets from the EU.

Oh god I'm loving this thread so I want to react to a ton of you in one big post:

I'd even go with the obvious just from the KOTOR games...

Dantooine (duh?)

Onderon/Dxun

Telos

Manaan

Love the idea of Onderon/Dxun! We already have a moon/planet combo with Hutta and Nar Shadaa and I think it would be sweet to have another one. Given the apparently small size of the expansion packs, I'd think they could make one based on those two worlds. "Return of the Beasts" or some such nonsense.

I get why Dantooine would be an obvious choice, but in terms of interesting planets, it's pretty low on my list. We already have Hoth (a big ice ball) and Tattooine (a big desert), and I don't see a big field being that much more interesting than those two.

Next!

I like your attention to canon!

Also, I think for a planet story on Kashyyyk it would be neat to have the wookies in a state of civil war generated by imperial and republic agents trying to gain influence on the world. While technically neutral, the war would very much be alive on Kashyyyk. Similar to the Voss story I guess. If they did this planet, it should be much more vertical in design than past planets have been.

Next!

Yavin IV.

Yes. So much force and dark side stuff going on here, and all those big temples to explore. Could easily do some tie in with the whole Exar Kun story, Massassi, etc.

Next!

Geonosis would be a great PVP World, so they could add that.

Yup. Either a warzone in a Geonosis coliseum with rotating game modes (TDM, Hardpoint, King of the Hill, etc.) Or a planet similar to Ilum's original intent where half of it is Daily oriented and the other half is Open World PvP except with actual rewards this time. Geonosians are already in the game on Tattooine, so this one should really be a no brainer.

Next!

NO! I'm tired of episode 1-6 BS. Give me new things. Give me planets I have not played in the other video games, or seen in the movies. Episode 1-6 are done. Its about time to give us more planets from the EU.

In spite of everything I've said above, yes I agree with this most of all. There are particularly lots of quality planets in the EU that could make great additions to the story. Particularly, I'd like to see planets included that could bring new playable races with them. Falleen, Kiffu/Kiffex, Shili.

And finally, I'd add Boz Pity. A graveyard planet. Current canon says it is untouched by most conflicts up until the New Sith Empire and the Clone Wars, but how hard could that be to overwrite. I liked the whole "scary" vibe of Rise of the Rakghouls, and I think it would be cool to add some more of the fright factor to the game

Dantooine

Manaan

Telos

Pretty much anywhere Revan and Meetra visited. Maybe Mandalore, the Malachor planets system...the Five Brothers, I'd like to see all of these..but I think it's time to leave the planets from 1-6 alone for a bit.

Meh. I still would really love to see Kashyyyk and Kamino in this game. Those are the only two I am willing to "die for."

I guess Voss, Quesh, Denova, Asation, Belsavis, and Makeb were not enough?

Exactly. There is still more to come-- but wouldnt it be exiting to pull in some old planets, while at the same time have those planets that we have all come to love thrown in there.

Also, they should make the expansion packs slightly larger. Js.

I think the point isn't that they haven't done any, but just that the galaxy is so huge and SWTOR is a perfect opportunity to explore parts of it we haven't seen yet. Remember too that of the six you mentioned, two are WZ/Operation exclusive and one is Quesh, which is pretty meh.

Even if some Say 1 to 6 let it be, i would live to get Yavin moon, when the rebellion is setup on the old temple.

dagoba would be good too, did not get alot except the place where Yoda hid himself from the emperor.

beside that, every location raven did go is a great idea.

Edited by Coldjaguar

Kashyyyk would be my choice.

As part of Life Day in Star Wars Galaxies I once hosted a wookie/Kashyyyk quiz night so did abit of research for the questions and Kashyyyk could easily fit into Tor based on its history.

(Bits from Wiki)

Millennia before the rise of the Galactic Republic, Kashyyyk was a member world of the Rakatan Infinite Empire. Its surface was terraformed by the Rakata for agricultural purposes, but the collapse of their empire left their terraforming machines unattended, resulting in the planet's abnormally large foliage.

In 4,020 BBY, Kashyyyk was discovered by Czerka Corporation, which renamed the planet first G5-623 and then, after a poll of stockholders, Edean. They recognized the Wookiees' strength and began to enslave them.

During the Mandalorian Wars, the Mandalorians considered conquering Kashyyyk, although they eventually decided against it; their plans for assault included burning down huge sections of forest and glassing entire continents in order to actually create a place to fight.

It was presumably some time after this that Kashyyyk decided to join the Galactic Republic. The Wookiees reverse-engineered the hyperdrive from a Trandoshan vessel. They were welcomed into the Republic through dealings with the Corellians, Verpine, and Alderaanians.

In 1,003 BBY during the New Sith Wars, the planet was conquered by the Brotherhood of Darkness. The Sith were then defeated by Valenthyne Farfalla, for which he was honored by the local tribal leaders.

I would be surprised if we didn't see Kashyyyk added at some point in the life of this game. I think it's by far the fan favorite for planets that they want added. And in spite of its appearance in the movies, tv shows, video games, etc. there really is a huge amount of unique stuff they could do to it. I mean it's a huge forest. You can hide anything you want in there.:w_tongue:

I think the point isn't that they haven't done any, but just that the galaxy is so huge and SWTOR is a perfect opportunity to explore parts of it we haven't seen yet.

Yes, but that guy's post made it sounds like all the game was doing is recreating the movies, which is far from true.

The game needs a balance of new planets and pre-existing ones to be able to market the game successfully.