Companions 101: Corso Riggs

CourtneyWoods

well, he does seem to be so trusting of women...:rolleyes:

And as female smugglers it's up to us to teach him otherwise ;)

I would love to see Lord Scourge or Jaesa in the next blog

I'd love to see Lord Scourge in a future blog as well but it won't be the next- it's already been stated that the spot is reserved for a Sith Inquisitor companion.

I'd love to see Lord Scourge in a future blog as well but it won't be the next- it's already been stated that the spot is reserved for a Sith Inquisitor companion.

It's going to be Ashara (maybe Andronikus, but I doubt it), but I really, really want to see Talos.

Talos is awesome.

Why no Talos love? :(

It's going to be Ashara (maybe Andronikus, but I doubt it), but I really, really want to see Talos.

Talos is awesome.

Why no Talos love? :(

I wonder that too- why no Talos love? He's a fascinating character and the only reason I'd ever roll another SI (aside from the ghost-y stuff) :(

One last try: Talos next please? Please?! We'll give you cookies...lots of cookies :)

This is pretty representative of a large portion of the feelings against Corso. Most people either love him or hate him it seems. I personally love him because he is the classic Southern gentleman, and as I from Texas, he reminds me of many of my best friends.

Those who love him recognize that he is chivalrous, loyal, and caring. He has a strong attachment to the Captain and the crew, since they are his family. He is epitomized by the phrase "I hope you don't mind if I come along and take a few hits for you."

Those who hate him see him as a representation of a "backwards" ideal where the woman needs to be rescued because she "can't do it herself." In reality, he isn't "backwards" as much as he is respectful. Just like my Southern upbringing dictates, his code of honor means he puts his life on the line for anyone, but especially women and children, who typically aren't trained in combat. The female smuggler is obviously different, as are many kick-butt women in the universe, but he was born on a small, war-torn planet where even surviving is a challenge, so some need protecting more than others. Plus, as many Southern women in my life that I wouldn't dare cross often say, "a Southern girl is a girl who knows that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect." He probably has grown up with people with similar traditions.

All that to say, chivalry isn't backwards, it is respect towards all, and especially towards loved ones or those held in high esteem, i.e. women.

They also think he is pushy and jealous, forgetting that since he lost his family, he is afraid of getting hurt again in the same way. Basic psychology.

These are just some of the reasons I love Corso. He is refreshing and sweet. The jealous bits are kinda cute at times, I haven't played my smuggler that much, but every time Corso makes a jealous comment, I giggle. :D

• Thanks 1

Well in the case I'd love see the next blog be about about Khem Val , but Ashara or Andronikos is more likely.

Lord Scourge is still my favorite companion though.

• 2 weeks later...
Scourge His dedication to the Empire is best served as a Jedi's companion.... that should be all the motive anyone needs to want to learn more about this fascinating, Pureblood.

Scourge is a main character in one of the TOR-era books released last year. Read that book and you'll learn it all. I forget the title. Sorry.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Scourge is a main character in one of the TOR-era books released last year. Read that book and you'll learn it all. I forget the title. Sorry.

A bit late but that Novel is Revan. Very interesting and certainly worth a look.

• 3 weeks later...

Dr. Lokins, please (IA healer companion).

Absolutely fascinating man, that one.

Also Talos (S'Inq healer), because he's so charmingly quirky and also wonderfully complex: A pretty hard-line Imperial patriot, but also a really nice guy --no, not "Nice-Guy" in the creeper (Ummm....Corso? As your best "bro," I think it's time you and I had a little talk about a few things...) sense, a genuinely nice guy-- with the most delightful intellect.

He even still remembers some of his combat-training!

Andi Revel, too:

Because well-geared Revel + Lightning Sorc = pure poetry in motion as far as kill-speed goes, and I just love his growl everytime he does his version of Unload/SpeedShots: "How's THIS fer shooting!"

Edited by midianlord

• 2 months later...

My favorite moment? His lines during battle!

My least favorite moment: the fact that the devs deliberately omitted same gender romance with him and other companions in order to boost sales of the game to bigots.

That kinda stung for me, a loyal Bioware customer, coming from a previously unbigoted company.