Auto-stacking in the cargo hold

tandcemerson

Didn't see any threads about this on the front page and I'm not into manually searching so sorry if this is just a reiteration of something posted a bit ago.

Reverse engineering plays a large role in this game which means items often get dumped back into your inventory. They get combined into stacks in your inventory, which is nice and very much needed. However, I keep my crafting supplies in my cargo hold for simplicity and often want to put reverse engineering results in there.

Currently, if you right click to move them into your bank, a new stack is always created. Would it be possible to add the ability for them to be combined such as what happens in your inventory? It is, perhaps, a small and petty request, but much needed in my opinion.

Also could the crafting mats/companion gifts your companion gets when you send

them on missions go straight into the bank or maybe have the option in

prefrences to do so instead of going into your limited inventry space all the time

Edited by gmccabe

Oh yes, please.

First time I used the 'bank', I didn't notice. Second I started wondering 'thats an awful lots of stacks, have I really that many different things?'. Heh

Autostack please. I'll split them myself thanks.

And when you fix autostacking issues, could you change splitting stacks to a normal method of doing so as opposed to shift-drag? Who thought that amazing idea up?

Also could the crafting mats/companion gifts your companion gets when you send

them on missions go straight into the bank or maybe have the option in

prefrences to do so instead of going into your limited inventry space all the time

Even though they "nerfed" (which imo they still didn't ... I'm still making a decent enough turn around to not drop it) I'm still doing slicing. Putting lockboxes straight into the bank wouldn't work in this instance. However, otherwise that could make sense too ... as if your companions return to the ship and stow their spoils away.

Oh yes, please.

First time I used the 'bank', I didn't notice. Second I started wondering 'thats an awful lots of stacks, have I really that many different things?'. Heh

Autostack please. I'll split them myself thanks.

Heh, that's exactly what happened to me to..

I keep my cargo hold pretty well organized, and this makes it really obnoxious to do so!

You guys forget, this game is still in 2005. This game offers no better developements than what was offered 6-7 years ago.

They have totally missed out of things that should be MMO standards. Now your going to have to wait 2-3 years for simple improvements that should have been made today.

You guys forget, this game is still in 2005. This game offers no better developements than what was offered 6-7 years ago.

They have totally missed out of things that should be MMO standards. Now your going to have to wait 2-3 years for simple improvements that should have been made today.

What a drama queen. This is obviously a glitch that I am sure will be patched in the near future.

What a drama queen. This is obviously a glitch that I am sure will be patched in the near future.

I believe that the poster was being sarcastic and DOES have a valid point. What is this nonsense that things don't stack?? To separate stacks requires more thought than is necessary. I'm here to play the game and enjoy myself not try to figure out how to perform simple mechanics that EVERY MMO, including Rift which is a new game as well, has today. Even you have to admit that the UI for the AH is anything but convenient to use as well as the mail system.

Don't get me wrong, there are many nice things in this game but I think that attention to basic details was neglected. But that is my humble opinion...

IMHO he has a point. It's tenuous at best but I can somewhat agree. Technically speaking ToR doesn't really offer up anything ground breaking on a fundamental level. (Don't even get me started on the "afterthought" that is ship missions.) On a whole ToR is pretty much like any other MMO out there these days and there are plenty of other MMOs out there that have some sort of "banking" system and do it "right" so it's not unreasonable to expect this game to do it "right" as well but I digress...

On a positive note I was very pleased when I learned that you could craft from mats in the bank and not actually have them in your inventory. That's a nice touch indeed.

I agree that there needs to be some work done to stacking and the auto distribution of crafted mats but it's not game breaking. Personally I'd like to see the returns from crafting missions go straight to the bank or at least straight to your inventory with no pop up. You get a message in the chat window. A loot window is redundant and since Bioware in their infinite wisdom decided you can only have two windows open at a time it can be downright irritating to have that return window pop up at an inopportune time.

Even better would be a dedicated crafting materials tab in your inventory much like the quest items.

Wishful thinking I know but one can dream right? ;)

Disclaimer: Despite previous statements about ToR not offering anything unique I DO like playing this game and can mostly overlook it's shortcomings. Doesn't mean I won't point out things that I feel need changing in a constructive manner though.

It's just another UI failure. I don't know how Bioware released this fantastic, quadruple-A game with a UI pulled from the first days of EQ1. Yet they did. Hopefully, both guys on their UI team will be back from Christmas break soon and get to work ;)