Recruit gear question

BrunoLogan

One of my chars is on recruit gear and I thought it would get automatically upgraded to the new mk2 version which didn't happen. Is this working as intended? It's kind of unfair a fresh level 50 getting it for free and someone who was already level 50 having to spend all that money to remain competitive... just saying...

Either a major oversight or just a stupid decision. The whole point is to make PVP more competitive, enjoyable, and easier to get into at level 50. But some characters just got royally screwed and it'll be even worse for them now than it was before to go into warzones with the old recruit. Major fail.

There's no reason not to give to everyone, none at all.

Hey Allison, how about a confirmation and an explanation for this.

Edited by RAVM

Did they change the models to recruit gear. I remember recruit gear looked different than BM gear and I check my jk yesterday and the recruit gear looks the same as the bm gear. Maybe it just me.

Recruit was always the same as BM, just different colors.

One of my chars is on recruit gear and I thought it would get automatically upgraded to the new mk2 version which didn't happen. Is this working as intended? It's kind of unfair a fresh level 50 getting it for free and someone who was already level 50 having to spend all that money to remain competitive... just saying...

This has been asked several times on the PvP forum without any answer.

Now they have moved this thread so somebody must have seen it and perhaps can say something

It has to do with the way you got the PvP gear from what I understand. You got it from completing a quest that the objective was to turn it in. When they released Mk-2 gear they did the same thing. The problem arose from them using the same quest. If you turned it in already for the free gear you completed the quest and got your reward. They just changed the reward for the quest to Mk-2 in this patch.

TL;DR : If you got the free Mk-1 set you already completed the quest for which it was a reward. They changed the reward didn't make a new quest or make it repeatable.

Having had a character in Recruit gear, and had to upgrade to MK-2, the actual difference between the sets was VERY very minor.

So even though I went ahead of replaced my recruit gear, I don't see it as a huge issue to not upgrade Recruit to MK-2.

Minor in expertise (~100 pts more), not so minor in Endurance/Prime stat.

I agree that there should have been an option to trade in the old recruit gear for the new MK-2 version.