The community is changing for the worse :(

CaptainBlackjack

I have been doing dailies for many months and when I started there was always a polite attitude toward fellow players concerning quest objectives. In the past few weeks I have watched more players grabbing objectives as myself or another player is fighting the mobs. When challenged for this behavior they usually throw a QQ or so what get over it. Its sad that in a social game where we would generally expect to work toward a common objective like FP's Operations and pvp matches instead of grouping for the same in dailies they seem to be more entertained by taking advantage of other players and then insulting them when questioned for their bad behavior. I know its not possible to change the way people are and that's not the point of this post, I am just pointing out a change in the game experience and wondering if its just isolated to the server i am on or is it the same elsewhere.

That sounds like it's pretty much the same as it's always been.

This.

It got better when the population was low, but that's because the population was low.

Some tips on avoiding this issue:

- Go to a smaller instance. Populations are back at a point where there's a good chance there's a second instance. From my experience first usually has 60 or so, 2nd has 5 -20.

- Click the box first. The boxes can be clicked while fighting, just run through mob and click the box, then kill them (or just run away and let them evade)

- Group up. If one person in a group clicks it they all get it (I think they have to be in close proximity though)

Follow these and it won't be a problem.

I have been doing dailies for many months and when I started there was always a polite attitude toward fellow players concerning quest objectives. In the past few weeks I have watched more players grabbing objectives as myself or another player is fighting the mobs. When challenged for this behavior they usually throw a QQ or so what get over it. Its sad that in a social game where we would generally expect to work toward a common objective like FP's Operations and pvp matches instead of grouping for the same in dailies they seem to be more entertained by taking advantage of other players and then insulting them when questioned for their bad behavior. I know its not possible to change the way people are and that's not the point of this post, I am just pointing out a change in the game experience and wondering if its just isolated to the server i am on or is it the same elsewhere.

With free 2 play more kids that normally can't pay for sub has started playing the game.

I would agree with most on here, its seemed this way from the beggining, pretty much any MMO that Ive ever played has been this way. Its easy to blame it on the "kids" but I have seen this bad behavior from the so called mature players as well..... :(

I would agree with most on here, its seemed this way from the beggining, pretty much any MMO that Ive ever played has been this way. Its easy to blame it on the "kids" but I have seen this bad behavior from the so called mature players as well..... :(

I don't think anyone would argue that it didn't happen before. But the frequency of it seems to of increased since the "big change over".

Nah, it's not changing for the worse persay... it has always been this way. You see more of it now because more people are playing.

But... I don't think it is the F2P kiddies. Nope... I suspect that many are returning players, or players who are trying to minimize the grind. The F2Ps I know are more interested in the stories and related content and not dailies.

Edited by Rafaman

This has been going on since day one. But to set the record straight the situation has actually gotten better in recent months - after BioWare increased the rate at which the clickables spawn.

During the summer - post server transfers - there was a point where players would actually have to camp clickable spawns in order to complete the quests in a reasonable amount of time; you could spend an hour or more speedering around trying to find munitions boxes in Black Hole or you could spend 20 minutes staring at one of them, killing the mobs that guarded them and clicking the second it spawned.

Now at least the spawn timer for those boxes and the drall cages was halved (I think) and while the occasional "thief" runs in as you are killing mobs it is not nearly as detrimental.

People have been doing this since day one. Though a lot of it is just higher population. There was an experiment done many years ago that showed that if you put too many rats together in a cage, they begin to tun on each other. ;)

Haha, this totally made me think of NYC.

I certainly have this happen to me time to time. Ive always tried to click the box first and do mobs second but theres been times i made the mistake of doing just the opposite and getting ninja'ed. I really love the ones that stealth and sit there and wait for folks to agro the mobs up so they can sneak in and take the objective. Poisonous Strategy on Ilum has attracted this type villainery in droves.

It really doesnt bother me at all. The only real annoying thing about it is when they start yapping off with the elitism type talk after they do it. The whole sneak in and grab this guys box all had one purpose and that was to wag their tail at me while typing some nooblistic language i care nothing about.

Its the worse at section x. Ive gotten where i just get there as early as i can to beat out this strange race of people so that our paths wont cross at all.

click first, fight second.

sadly you just cant trust most people to be considerate.

I generally hover around the box if I see someone fighting and not clicking, and use /say to ask if they need it. But many.many people will just ride up and click, so be aware, and click it before you attack the first mob.

I see it happening to a lot of people but so far it hasn't really affected me much. I, myself try to be polite -- if I see someone NEAR a quest objective, or headed that way, I assume that it's 'theirs'.

Doesn't cost me anything but a few minutes. I'll make the group invites after a whisper if someone is struggling or having problems.

Basic politeness is free, and simply because others are acting like d-bags does not mean I will stoop to that. :)

You know, if you don't actually know the words "per se", you could use a term like "necessarily" in its place.

Thanks for the input. As English is my second language, I use phonetics more than I should. However, I won't take cues from you on word usage in this forum. Probably best if you don't read my posts.

Thanks for the input. As English is my second language, I use phonetics more than I should. However, I won't take cues from you on word usage in this forum. Probably best if you don't read my posts.

How about learn from your mistakes and try not to get snippy when someone helps you. I'll follow your advice though and put you on ignore, best not to read garbage after all.

Edited by lollie