biochem or grenades

iDraxter

Grenades are really useful when facing a group of enemies, and you can make quite a good contribution to your team slowing them down. But it's also true that I can't remember how many times biochem saved my sorry butt in those nasty 1 vs 1 encounters!...Heck! Even my poor merc held his ground against a jug thanks to his wonderful adrenals!

So in my opinion, its up to your play-stile: grenades for teamwork, biochem for solo. For sentinel/mara I'd choose biochem, more power to them!

Edited by zorroazul

If all your other toons are bio/cyber I'd say go artifice to make/RE enhancements.

No need to have 10 biochem toons ya know?

Agreed, for that many toons you should really enhance their gear with augments & enhancements. So at least give one of them artifice.

Edited by zorroazul

Ty for ur posts, I ll wait to see more, also as examples my jug is vengeance and I feel I don't need grenades and went bio, having force push, choke, aoe snare and aoe mezz on a 45sec cd + immune to cc 4 secs after each leap is enough control for me while on my merc I went cyber to fill in the gaps of cc and I don't look back on those choices

The way I see it... Biochem if this is your first 50. The 2 important things you'll want for war zones is exotech stims and the grenade of your choice. Most go V-1 seismic simply because the V-1 does the trick and much easier to mass produce. It also has more CC affect than most of the others. All you get form the higher grade grenades is more damage and it's not enough to make it worth while when you can craft substantially more V-1's with less effort and cost.

I recommend going Biochem first. Buy the exotech stim mats from the Black Hole vendors and stock up. The sell for a pretty penny too so you may want to consider selling if you end up with excess amounts.

Go grenades on your next toon and you can mail stims and grenades back and forth between toons.

All of the above assuming you don't have a guild to barter with.

Biochem also has some useful meds and adrenals if you ever PvE as well. There's a med pac that restores large amounts of HP to me AND my companion that always comes in handy when a group tried to gank me doing dailies on Ilum or Sector X. :D

Edited by UGLYMRJ

Hey guys I just started a sentinel and I just can't decide between bio or cyber(strictly pvp only), all my toons are either bio or cyber what do you recommend for a sent/mara? Ty

No reason to go biochem over cybertech if you want to maximize your pvp. The exotech stims and WZ medpac are both better than the biochem reusable ones. The reusable CT nades are much better than the normal nades. The 5 sec root one, the 70% slow one are unique to CT.

No reason to go biochem over cybertech if you want to maximize your pvp. The exotech stims and WZ medpac are both better than the biochem reusable ones. The reusable CT nades are much better than the normal nades. The 5 sec root one, the 70% slow one are unique to CT.

You guys really prefer the slows and roots over seismic?

Or did you mix and match throughout the group so you had both?

Yes, sometimes roots are better than a knockdown, and in certain situations, such as setting up a group of people coming across the bridge in Voidstar with a slow, so your Assassin/Sorc (or equivalent) can send them right over the side of the bridge without adding anything to their resolve bar.

Ty for ur posts, I ll wait to see more, also as examples my jug is vengeance and I feel I don't need grenades and went bio, having force push, choke, aoe snare and aoe mezz on a 45sec cd + immune to cc 4 secs after each leap is enough control for me while on my merc I went cyber to fill in the gaps of cc and I don't look back on those choices

yeah i agree with the above psots, the ownly downside to not having biochem is lack of re-usible items but ivebeen hit with those pesky grenades a few times and its always fun to throw them back i rememebr in an impv imp soem guy threw an ice grenade at me and one of mine had jsut been made so i threw it at him as he got the ball. the bugger whispered me and said : "lol great midns think alike i didnt expect you to use grenades as well"