Contacting customer support US?

Sekuu

I've been attempting to get a US customer service representative for the last 5 hours. The current call center keeps giving me foreign personnel who are ill fit for understand my situation. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions?

This my seem like a stupid question, but where are you calling from and what number are you calling? The Support page with the list of numbers is here. If you are not already you may have to call the US one.

I have been calling that number. The EA customer service rep told me to call back and I "might" get one. They have no ability to give me a phone number, transfer me, provide a email address, or transfer me to a high branch of assistants who can.

Edited by Sekuu

Wow....

I guess they must have outsourced for the call center, if you cannot get someone who understands what you are needing. Odds are that it could be a center in Singapore. Most call centers that deal with US customers have a few US staff members for advisory purposes if nothing else. You might try talking to whom ever you get and see if they can escalate your issue. Ask for a Manager or Supervisor and be prepared to wait a bit.

btw: good luck

Edited by Belegnole

Sad to say if you call the same USA number I live in Canada can say its all about the time you call you get one of 3 call centers and if you luck out and get the one In Dublin your set that is the best one I have found been playing swtor all most 5yrs and More then 4 times i had to call and you get the India they are to quick to point you opening a in game request. The other they try to but all so point you in game or the EA support page where you may or may not find the answer or help. My biggest on going one is you take out the brt raider and some how patch or another reason it's placed right back in and it's one of the hick up i wish they take it out. Had the retail copy and was able to get it back but yet again today its back in and still trying to find where i found the way to remove it:mad:

FACT: most corporations serving consumers now days outsource their Customer Support to multiple regions. This enables them to cost effectively service calls 7/24. It also consolidates Call Center operations into fewer large centers across the planet for efficiency. Dublin, India, and Singapore/Taiwan are prime locations for Call Center outsourcing as they each natively work a different time shift without having to pay off-shift premium salaries. though it looks like EA only has call center coverage for 2 out of three available shifts.. so I assume it's either Dublin or India in this case.

I really don't see the issue here. They all follow the same CS scripts anyway, and different CS personnel, even with the same call center, vary from person to person beyond the script. If something falls out of bounds of the script.... it's going to get escalated.. which means it moves to a supervisor level, where they are allowed to go off-script.

Edited by Andryah

Could have sworn English CS was based in Ireland.

Not sure if it's actually Dublin...

Don't recall any mention of other phone banks being assigned to English CS. I'm sure we would have had at least one "I got an Indian (sic) when I called them! This is an American game! Keep CS in America!" thread if they had.

Edited by dr_mike

I've been attempting to get a US customer service representative for the last 5 hours. The current call center keeps giving me foreign personnel who are ill fit for understand my situation. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions?

It could be because you're calling after US CS work hours, so you're being sent to the next region or so west. If you can wait, wait until about 7 or 8 Central Timezone (or whichever one Autin Texas is in, I don't rememebr, there're like two timezones in the central part of the NA continent)