Scum and Villainy Secret Boss

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boss Update:

The boss enrage timer is around 8:10 seconds. We believe there is a phase shift past 50%, as we had all of our DPS up except one and pushed it to around 53%. After which everyone was stunned, had a giant red beam attached to them, and were instantly killed.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys, sorry for reviving a dead thread, but I have a question.

I've been looking through the forums, and I just wanted to confirm if the instance itself had to be cleared in order to run the Hateful Entity? I noticed in the initial summoning of the Entity that the mob of rats before the Sarlacc pit had not been killed (you could see their names in the red text in ThinMintz's video of how to spawn the Entity when he ran back down the stairs).

Thanks!

Once you cleared the entire instance (which as far as I know is required), you enter it again, don't take the speeder (don't know if that is possible) use your own speeder to get to the place where Titan 6 dies and you will once again have to clear the packs within the cave between Titan and Thrasher. Of course save the pack up the stairs, once you are ready, pull the Secret Boss and good luck from that point =)

Once you cleared the entire instance (which as far as I know is required), you enter it again, don't take the speeder (don't know if that is possible) use your own speeder to get to the place where Titan 6 dies and you will once again have to clear the packs within the cave between Titan and Thrasher. Of course save the pack up the stairs, once you are ready, pull the Secret Boss and good luck from that point =)

Thank you very much! :)

Hey guys, sorry for reviving a dead thread, but I have a question.

I've been looking through the forums, and I just wanted to confirm if the instance itself had to be cleared in order to run the Hateful Entity? I noticed in the initial summoning of the Entity that the mob of rats before the Sarlacc pit had not been killed (you could see their names in the red text in ThinMintz's video of how to spawn the Entity when he ran back down the stairs).

Thanks!

Psstt, you dont need to clear the instance in nightmare to pull the hateful entity. You can clear it in 8 man hardmode and switch the instance to 16 man nightmare. This is a fact that is not heavily advertised for reasons I wont go into. Also, to meet the dps requirements I would recommend that at least half your dps have 78 mainhands. But I would say if your group cant beat NiM SV, you may have a hard time with the entity as it is in my opinion still the hardest boss in the game. Also to spawn the boss you need to get all the rats into the room to 20%, the tricky part is that once the rats hit 20% they start dying, so you need to get them all to 20% at the same time.

Edited by raidmac

Psstt, you dont need to clear the instance in nightmare to pull the hateful entity. You can clear it in 8 man hardmode and switch the instance to 16 man nightmare. This is a fact that is not heavily advertised for reasons I wont go into. Also, to meet the dps requirements I would recommend that at least half your dps have 78 mainhands. But I would say if your group cant beat NiM SV, you may have a hard time with the entity as it is in my opinion still the hardest boss in the game. Also to spawn the boss you need to get all the rats into the room to 20%, the tricky part is that once the rats hit 20% they start dying, so you need to get them all to 20% at the same time.

I was wondering if that was the case, thanks for clearing this up!

And yeah, we did run the mechanic on the rats at the top of the stairs flawlessly. The problem was just that we saw them get the buff, then they would all die off one by one instead of dying together and spawning that Essence.

Good to know that the instance does, in fact, have to be cleared.

One thing I don't get: if the effect description on the DM Crests is the same as the DG Masks, what do is their purpose?

I would assume they probably don't have a mechanical purpose different from the DG masks. Just that the looks are more amazing looking than the plain old DG mask.

Alright guys, just wanted to give you a heads up on our pull.

Ultimately, after about 10 pulls in total where we failed to get him below 80%, I have personally come to the conclusion that this is not doable in the slightest with 72 armorings prevalent in our group. Our team composition consisted more of Sorcs, with one marauder and 3 Mercs as DPS, 2 operatives and 2 sorcs as healers with a sin tank in full 78s without set bonus and a "72 set bonus armoring, 78 mods and enhancements" Juggernaut tank.

Most of our guys were wearing a even mix of 72s/78s, where many of the raid members were wearing more 78s than 72s. However, in terms of our damage intake, our group would lose 6 people instantly from the pull he does with his puddle drop, thus leading me to the conclusion that you need the damage reduction amount from full 75 armorings at least, where Severity's group seemed to be successful mostly just because of those sniper bubbles.

So in addition to the group comp failings, I feel as if this fight is not doable unless you have the damage reduction from the 75 armorings at a bear minimum, 78s making it possible. Sacrificing the set bonus will be necessary to run this, much to the rejection and refusal from my raid group.

Your guys' thoughts?

Edited by ZooMzy

Alright guys, just wanted to give you a heads up on our pull.

Ultimately, after about 10 pulls in total where we failed to get him below 80%, I have personally come to the conclusion that this is not doable in the slightest with 72 armorings prevalent in our group. Our team composition consisted more of Sorcs, with one marauder and 3 Mercs as DPS, 2 operatives and 2 sorcs as healers with a sin tank in full 78s without set bonus and a "72 set bonus armoring, 78 mods and enhancements" Juggernaut tank.

Most of our guys were wearing a even mix of 72s/78s, where many of the raid members were wearing more 78s than 72s. However, in terms of our damage intake, our group would lose 6 people instantly from the pull he does with his puddle drop, thus leading me to the conclusion that you need the damage reduction amount from full 75 armorings at least, where Severity's group seemed to be successful mostly just because of those sniper bubbles.

So in addition to the group comp failings, I feel as if this fight is not doable unless you have the damage reduction from the 75 armorings at a bear minimum, 78s making it possible. Sacrificing the set bonus will be necessary to run this, much to the rejection and refusal from my raid group.

Your guys' thoughts?

As I said before, this fight is impossible if all the DPS in your group do not have at least 75 mainhands. If the DPS are instantly dying, this could mean you are tanking incorrectly(when the pull occurs I believe the tank can position the entity so that dps do not get directly pulled into the lightning) or your DPS have slow reaction times(most likely the case), you have about 1-2 seconds to get out of the lightning puddle before you die. I do not believe the damage reduction between 72 to 75 will make that big a difference. My group did this fight with 3 snipers, 3 operatives, 3 marauders, a merc and a jugg I believe, so while the shields do help, they are not necessary. Also, I would recommend having the tanking bonus because it gives you 2% reduction which is very helpful.

I hate to be the elitist guy, and you know me ZU, so take it how you feel, but I think your raid group would be better suited clearing HM DP and even NiM SV before you go in to try this again. You dont need to sacrifice set bonus if you actually get the gear. There is a reason why there are only 3 confirmed kills in the world for this boss, its the hardest fight in the game currently, your group should be face rolling all other content before you even think of coming in here.

The video of the kill I was part of.

As I said before, this fight is impossible if all the DPS in your group do not have at least 75 mainhands. If the DPS are instantly dying, this could mean you are tanking incorrectly(when the pull occurs I believe the tank can position the entity so that dps do not get directly pulled into the lightning) or your DPS have slow reaction times(most likely the case), you have about 1-2 seconds to get out of the lightning puddle before you die. I do not believe the damage reduction between 72 to 75 will make that big a difference. My group did this fight with 3 snipers, 3 operatives, 3 marauders, a merc and a jugg I believe, so while the shields do help, they are not necessary. Also, I would recommend having the tanking bonus because it gives you 2% reduction which is very helpful.

I hate to be the elitist guy, and you know me ZU, so take it how you feel, but I think your raid group would be better suited clearing HM DP and even NiM SV before you go in to try this again. You dont need to sacrifice set bonus if you actually get the gear. There is a reason why there are only 3 confirmed kills in the world for this boss, its the hardest fight in the game currently, your group should be face rolling all other content before you even think of coming in here.

The video of the kill I was part of.

I appreciate the input thanks. The tanking part then may be my fault, as people would get pulled into the puddles, which most likely meant I didn't kite him out far enough when the puddles dropped/quick enough. As for clearing the content, I'm honestly sure we'll get there one day, as progression in the fight with Hateful would be a good way to work on our actual team comp. To better test ourselves as raiders.

Either way though, after looking at both yours and Severity's clear, is a PT/Vanguard better suited for tanking this fight? I'm trying to use my sin, but in all honesty, the spikes I'm taking in damage are disheartening to think of and I wonder if I can even survive up to the higher level of stacks (a 2% reduction isn't going to make that much of a significant change with this guy). But it looks like each successful pull was done with one, maybe they're better suited for the type of damage output the Hateful puts out?

Edited by ZooMzy

We're attending the Entity today again. Last try some days ago we got it down to 16%. We did not die due to low dps/hps, but because our tank lasted to long on that small gate before you enter that last area with sands.

If you have 10 really strong dps, you can go for this setup: 1 Tank, 5 Healers and 10 dps (makes survivability a lot easier). The boss enrage timer is around 8 minutes, so every dps needs to pull 1 million damage in that time what is possible. That last try we had I did around 950k damage in ~7 minutes. (not yet full 78)

If your dps is not high enough, you want to go for 1 Tank, 4 Healers and 11 dps. Then every dps only needs to pull around 900k damage in 8 minutes.

What we nailed down is, that the key is to move away fast from the tight areas as it makes life really hard for healers. Today we'll go in again and kill it.

Another thing, if you have Marauders/Sentinels in your party, Annihilation/Watchman spec is really helpful in this fight cause of the passive heal. I use a slightly different spec for that fight, to lower the aoe dmg by 34%: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501bIbRrRMfsrzZhGM.3

As about Vanguard Tanks: Yes, I think they are the best tanks for this fight cause of the highest dmg reduction. There aren't a lot of attacks going on the tank, so you need to survive the aoe circles the most which will be easier with a higher dmg reduction. Guess for a Guardian it's near impossible as you don't have any movement speed skill which makes the part from the stairs to the end of the right tunnel really bad.

Edited by tman_ac

We found the vanguard to be better than the guardian not because of incoming damage, but because of Hold the Line. It helps when you get pulled to a bad place to drop puddles. The guardian can get a speed boost through speccing into the one associated with guard, but we had more luck with HTL.