Gender Equality

Grubfist

Female character models need more diversity. Good to hear about the male outfit though.

Or male bodies need less....

1. Teenage boy

2. Athletic, olympic body

3. Body-builder

4. Morbidly Obese ( :eek: )

vs...

1. Teenage girl

2. Slightly bigger

3. Amazon Woman

4. Chunky

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it NOT possible to have a male dancer and slave outfit or an overweight female character but it IS possible to have a female dancer and slave outfit or a male overweight character?

It seems like the star wars universe is promoting women as needing to be perfect, slim, and sexy, but males can let themselves go and have to dress modestly.

I know it seems a silly issue to bring up, but if the game is going to have gender equality, it should have it in more than just romance options.

Oh good. We're arguing for our right to play fat video-game girls now.

Seriously, I do understand your point. There are a variety of male shapes, but females only go to slightly chubby, whereas the dudes can become positively grotesque (I would here like to point out that Darth Baras being a fat b******* annoys me far more than it should). Also, while the ladies often prance around in flimsy loin-cloth type outfits, you won't find a single dude in a speedo in the game.

These may seem like weird points to demand equality, but I kinda WANT to see some fat dude in a skimpy dancer's outfit dancing in shuttleports. It would restore my non-faith in humanity/Zabrakanity/Twi'Lekanity/Sithanity/Rattatakanity/Miralukanity, etc.

Oh good. We're arguing for our right to play fat video-game girls now.

Seriously, I do understand your point. There are a variety of male shapes, but females only go to slightly chubby, whereas the dudes can become positively grotesque (I would here like to point out that Darth Baras being a fat b******* annoys me far more than it should). Also, while the ladies often prance around in flimsy loin-cloth type outfits, you won't find a single dude in a speedo in the game.

These may seem like weird points to demand equality, but I kinda WANT to see some fat dude in a skimpy dancer's outfit dancing in shuttleports. It would restore my non-faith in humanity/Zabrakanity/Twi'Lekanity/Sithanity/Rattatakanity/Miralukanity, etc.

i would pay good credits for said fat male player to follow my char around, prancing and dancing

I found those outfits and the option of being overweight ridiculous.

1.Who in their right mind runs around on a battlefield in a slave outfit?

2.Our characters go through intense training and battle on a daily basis, why would any of them be overweight?

I have no issues with overweight people, but to make being overweight a possibility with our heroes is unrealistic in every sense.

Those outfits are an abomination.

You can be fat and fire a gun...just sayin

I'll do it. Make a male body 4 and follow you around with no shirt on singing "I'm too sexy for my shirt." :p

you'll be the perfect distraction for warzones! good thing youll have all that fat between them and your vital organs :D

This gender equality debat is getting foolish. It’s a game force dam it, get over it! Frustrated because of the slave girl outfit? Well too bad, fact is that there are slave girls in star wars, stop whining about it -__-"

And as for the fat male body type. Yes it's rather ridiculous, yes it doesn’t really make any sense when our characters constantly a physical active, but it’s a silly mmo feature, which in my opinion shouldn’t be there.

But using gender equality as an argument for removing the fat male body… Seriously?

In my opinion the whole gender equality is getting rather silly. In the majority of western countries the genders are equal, YEAH! Now could we stop whining about senseless stuff?

I mean Bioware has already promised same gender romance in the future, in the name of “none discrimination” but complaining about such minor details as this is getting dangerously close to grousing…

If you want more body diversity please just say it, I even agree with you. However, please stop using gender equality camouflage your goal…

As for the male slave outfits... Well what did you expect? They didn't have same gender romance in for launch, they didn't have anything else than light social armor. Do you expect them to have slaveboy outfits in for launch?

Edited by Inzuher

This gender equality debat is getting foolish. It’s a game force dam it, get over it! Frustrated because of the slave girl outfit? Well too bad, fact is that there are slave girls in star wars, stop whining about it -__-"

And as for the fat male body type. Yes it's rather ridiculous, yes it doesn’t really make any sense when our characters constantly a physical active, but it’s a silly mmo feature, which in my opinion shouldn’t be there.

But using gender equality as an argument for removing the fat male body… Seriously?

In my opinion the whole gender equality is getting rather silly. In the majority of western countries the genders are equal, YEAH! Now could we stop whining about senseless stuff?

I mean Bioware has already promised same gender romance in the future, in the name of “none discrimination” but complaining about such minor details as this is getting dangerously close to grousing…

If you want more body diversity please just say it, I even agree with you. However, please stop using gender equality camouflage your goal…

As for the male slave outfits... Well what did you expect? They didn't have same gender romance in for launch, they didn't have anything else than light social armor. Do you expect them to have slaveboy outfits in for launch?

I'm not frustrated with the female slave outfit at all. Slaves are commonplace in Star Wars, both male and female, so a "pleasure" slave that is male would not exactly be far-fetched. Only allowing female ones is sexist.

I don't want to remove the male body type 4, I'm actually a fan of it. I want the females to gain an equivalent. Currently, all female body types are either thin or athletic. None come CLOSE to being chunky.

I'm not frustrated with the female slave outfit at all. Slaves are commonplace in Star Wars, both male and female, so a "pleasure" slave that is male would not exactly be far-fetched. Only allowing female ones is sexist.

Agreed!

We need a sexy slave outfit for males, it's only fair.

Why is it NOT possible to have a male dancer and slave outfit or an overweight female character but it IS possible to have a female dancer and slave outfit or a male overweight character?

It seems like the star wars universe is promoting women as needing to be perfect, slim, and sexy, but males can let themselves go and have to dress modestly.

I know it seems a silly issue to bring up, but if the game is going to have gender equality, it should have it in more than just romance options.

I personally don't think a video game is an important enough platform for gender inequality within it to be an issue. If you take your video games so seriously, there are other issues you should be working out with yourself before you worry about whether or not you can have a fat, male slave in an MMORPG.

There are more male bank managers or garbage men. And there actually are more female teachers and strippers. It is how it is - not equal.

It's like you want apples to taste like oranges, and that's just not going to happen.

Agreed!

We need a sexy slave outfit for males, it's only fair.

indeed. we see male npcs sitting around, with slave girls lounging at thier feet/dancing for them. I'd imagine sith noblewomen to have boy toys too. i know i would.

finally being able to make my imaginary huaband dance for me in slave gear... ahh yess who needs a real life when you got that ?

And as a sith lord we should be able to purchase our own slaves! (Would be so awesome, but it's properly never gona happen xD)

Here was me thinking that the Sith took everything they wanted and never paid:rolleyes:

I think you should be able to buy slaves, and kill them to earn dark side points and use their life essence to bolster stats, like +2 to strength. Make them 100k credits or something.

But anyway, star wars isn't known for fairness lol. Aliens are spat on by humans across the galaxy and slavery is kickin.

indeed. we see male npcs sitting around, with slave girls lounging at thier feet/dancing for them. I'd imagine sith noblewomen to have boy toys too. i know i would.

finally being able to make my imaginary huaband dance for me in slave gear... ahh yess who needs a real life when you got that ?

*hi5*

Why not? They 'kind' of kind of hint, that they do exist, in the game. Also i was told that in the actual extended lore just as many male Twi'Leks, were 'those' kind of slaves, in the Empire. it stands to reason that they had sexy outfits as well.

So really...male slave dancer outfit...Please Bioware? *bats eyelashes*

Edited by JediElf

Male slave outfit is coming. Devs said so at the summit.

Might wear one on my smuggler to prove that he's indeed "too sexy for his shirt." lol

And yeah I agree, female type 4 needs to be bigger. This can include muscle too, as the male type 4's are actually fairly ripped.

I found those outfits and the option of being overweight ridiculous.

1.Who in their right mind runs around on a battlefield in a slave outfit?

2.Our characters go through intense training and battle on a daily basis, why would any of them be overweight?

1. I can see clothwearers doing it since, face it, cloth offers basically no armor protection to begin with. That's what bubbles and stuff are for. I agree I don't want to see troopers in that outfit, though.

2. I counter with the same thing regarding body type 1, ESPECIALLY female body type 1. It's so incredibly frail and ill-proportioned that it seems just as unsuited as someone overweight. You're always seeing female type 1 commandos with that giant gun and that's just as unrealistic to me, if not more. Can you imagine one of them going through boot camp without accidentally getting snapped in half?

Edited by Stenrik