New Custom Channel for PUG Ops

Avinler

There are a number of great /cjoin channels on Jedi Covenant, but the ones for end-game content that exist currently were created by small groups of guilds to find subs and group up for HM/NiM content. Over time, more and more people joined the channels and recently a lot of "LFM [...] GF SM [insert Op]" posts have crowded these channels. Long time members of the channels have been politely asking people to keep them for HM/NiM content, but to help the situation I've created a new channel to fill that gap!

"Ops" seemed like and appropriate and concise name for the channel, so it's up and running now. Just use "/cjoin Ops" to add yourself to the channel if you're an end-game player interested in PUG runs of any difficulty level from Storymode (SM) to Hardmode (HM) to Nightmare (NiM). Anyone can join the channel, but please keep the social chatter to a minimum so it can function well. The only requirement to join a group that's forming is to please know the fights and be geared well enough to clear the content.

If you don't know the fights or aren't sure if you're geared well enough, PUGs are never going to be the right environment to improve and learn. My guild (and many others on the server) are more than happy to bring in new members with no experience in Operations and teach/develop anyone that's willing to learn. So saying that you need to be geared and know the fights for this new channel is not meant to prevent anyone from participating, but please message me or visit the guild recruitment sub-forum so that you can learn in a more conducive environment before running in groups forming in "/cjoin Ops" channel.

Hopefully the Jedi Covenant community will find this useful!

There are a number of great /cjoin channels on Jedi Covenant, but the ones for end-game content that exist currently were created by small groups of guilds to find subs and group up for HM/NiM content. Over time, more and more people joined the channels and recently a lot of "LFM [...] GF SM [insert Op]" posts have crowded these channels. Long time members of the channels have been politely asking people to keep them for HM/NiM content, but to help the situation I've created a new channel to fill that gap!

"Ops" seemed like and appropriate and concise name for the channel, so it's up and running now. Just use "/cjoin Ops" to add yourself to the channel if you're an end-game player interested in PUG runs of any difficulty level from Storymode (SM) to Hardmode (HM) to Nightmare (NiM). Anyone can join the channel, but please keep the social chatter to a minimum so it can function well. The only requirement to join a group that's forming is to please know the fights and be geared well enough to clear the content.

If you don't know the fights or aren't sure if you're geared well enough, PUGs are never going to be the right environment to improve and learn. My guild (and many others on the server) are more than happy to bring in new members with no experience in Operations and teach/develop anyone that's willing to learn. So saying that you need to be geared and know the fights for this new channel is not meant to prevent anyone from participating, but please message me or visit the guild recruitment sub-forum so that you can learn in a more conducive environment before running in groups forming in "/cjoin Ops" channel.

Hopefully the Jedi Covenant community will find this useful!

WOW thank god and I was told I was an idiot to think of such a thing. I posted about this not too long OK and I gladly support your idea.

Me and my guides will join you for sure :-)

Adding yet another channel to the 4-6 already existing ones will do noting. This may function as you intend for one to two weeks but eventually if will fill up with the same people in all the others. And the advertising and spam will begin again.

Also, laying the sarcasm on a little thick, you think?

WOW thank god and I was told I was an idiot to think of such a thing. I posted about this not too long OK and I gladly support your idea.

Edited by Ni_Jien

Adding yet another channel to the 4-6 already existing ones will do noting. This may function as you intend for one to two weeks but eventually if will fill up with the same people in all the others. And the advertising and spam will begin again.

Also, laying the sarcasm on a little thick, you think?

no sarcasm at all. I think it's a great idea no current custom channel for pugs for the group finder SM ops exist that I know of. if and if anything encourages me to pug and not sit on the fleet trying to find a group then I'll participate in it.

if you others don't see its usefulness then don't join it. if it helps me get some action going while I play then it'll change my mind and I won't transfer that's all.

my guild is filled with friends but I play odd hours due to work so I can't rely on them every week for my raiding ;-)

Alternatively, there is already a moribund custom channel called /endgame that exists both on JC and on many other servers intended to fill that role, that's also been around a while.

I have to admit I'm witn Ni_Jien on the idea of creating Yet Another Custom Channel.

Adding yet another channel to the 4-6 already existing ones will do nothing. This may function as you intend for one to two weeks but eventually if will fill up with the same people in all the others. And the advertising and spam will begin again.
Edited by AlixMV

If people don't want to use the channel it's no skin off my back. I turn down 3-4 Ops runs most days because I just don't have time, so I'm not doing it for myself. If there's people in the channel great, if people already have ways to get the groups they need then there's certainly no reason to join.

Are there people still using /endgame on Jedi Covenant? I'm in a number of channels, but dropped that one long ago because no one was using it as far as I could tell. We're working with a broken system with limited tools, so I'm not saying it's going to change end-game grouping on the server, but if it helps marginally then it was worth the 10 minutes I spent creating it and posting the "announcement" this morning. [shrug]

I told you the other day in the thread you OPed exactly what channels there are in the game on JC that don't have passwords. thehub is for group stuff, ops and the like.

Edited by Mediocre-Nova

this is what you said

/thehub is used on pub side primarily for flashpoints heroics and dailies runs

/pubpvp is for crying and general bitterness

/impvp is for chat pvp against other bads

/thehub (impside) is for pubs on impside

/allies is for fail runs of ops and raging

JK they are all viable for stuff, the name describes the faction for pvp channels and hub and allies are good for ops and other group content on their respective sides

I see nothing there about an imperial ops pug group. you said fail runs of ops maybe that was sarcastic but the way I got it is its primary channel to just rage about pugs. not exactly what I'm looking for. :-) you say /thehub impside is for republic on impside. I'm imp si I don't have a channel to go to don't I?

Edited by Veerlo

this is what you said

I see nothing there about an imperial ops pug group. you said fail runs of ops maybe that was sarcastic but the way I got it is its primary channel to just rage about pugs. not exactly what I'm looking for. :-) you say /thehub impside is for republic on impside. I'm imp si I don't have a channel to go to don't I?

I think he mistyped pub for pug.

But Allies and Hub work. Although fleet chat is your best bet tbh lol

I think he mistyped pub for pug.

But Allies and Hub work. Although fleet chat is your best bet tbh lol

if that's the case then it would make sense. I never got why he was getting mad at me even though I tried explaining it to him. if it's a misspell then I'll just join allies and thehub and we're done with this conversation. the guy made an honest mistake case closed