Raiding in SWTOR is like fighting against Biowares bugs not bosses

not much else to say. anyone else raiding knows what i'm talking about, bugs upon bugs upon bugs. half the time raiding tonight was spent fighting bugs, and wiping due to bugs, it's really pathetic, fix your **** bioware. Edited by SunwindIon

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda agree.I love this game i really do but i dont love bugs.

I wouldnt mind if the bosses on nightmare were really hard.To the point that we need a month or 2.I dont care.Make super mechanics so we stand in awe of ur brilliance.NOT BUGS

people do not whine about difficulty on nightmare.They just hate bugs

Oh, Pylons Locked. Reset.

Oh, One Assassin has 3x too much HP. *glasses* Deal with it.

Oh, Invisible Lightning wiped raid.

Oh, Random White Pulse even though we killed all the Pylons wipes raid.

Oh, Masterlooter took all my loots.

~Sigh~ Good ol mmo launches. Its been a while.

Unfortunately, this is the price that is paid for complicated mechanics.

Complicated? I can't speak for WOW, but SWTOR is still pales in comparison to some of the stuff we saw in EQ2 raiding.

Edited by grufftech

Unfortunately, this is the price that is paid for complicated mechanics.

if your referring to mechanics like

if raid wipes then boss and boss room resets

if that is too hard to code, i suggest BW fire current coders and hire new ones

• Trash respawning when it shouldn't be
  • Bosses respawning and if you engage them they disappear halfway through the fight, massive troll there bioware.
  • Platforms randomly missing on phase 2 soa.
  • Soa randomly one-shotting people in p3, seems to be some new bug since the last patch?

Edited by SunwindIon

This is true we had a awesome attempt at SoA 16 man NM and then we wiped and the rest of the night we just had to Fight Bugs, boss not resetting loads of time and then operation group bugged out and no one could leave it or invite so we had to call it.

Its really not good. we all like the game but it makes us just tired trying fight the bugs, and fear people will leave the game, wiping on a progression boss is fun, running in and exiting area resetting the instance over over again is just not fun.

I'll play the role of the Biodrone fanboy here since nobody has done it yet.

1. SWTOR had the smoothest launch ever of any MMO! Stop complaining!

2. WoW had bugs at release too! More actually! well....I dont actually know for sure, I'm a wrathbaby but I heard from a guildy who knew a guy who played WoW at launch and he said it was more buggy! So stop complainin!

3. I havent experienced any bugs. you are trolling or bad. STOP TROLLIN AND/OR BEING BAD!

4. Just be thankful SWTOR has an endgame! WoW didnt have raids for like a year or somethin.

5. Maybe next time dont rush to endgame and go slow and enjoy the stories which are supah kewl. I have 6 alts already lvls 40,38,35,23,11,8.

How was my Biodrone impression? :rak_eek:

I'll play the role of the Biodrone fanboy here since nobody has done it yet.

1. SWTOR had the smoothest launch ever of any MMO! Stop complaining!

2. WoW had bugs at release too! More actually! well....I dont actually know for sure, I'm a wrathbaby but I heard from a guildy who knew a guy who played WoW at launch and he said it was more buggy! So stop complainin!

3. I havent experienced any bugs. you are trolling or bad. STOP TROLLIN AND/OR BEING BAD!

4. Just be thankful SWTOR has an endgame! WoW didnt have raids for like a year or somethin.

5. Maybe next time dont rush to endgame and go slow and enjoy the stories which are supah kewl. I have 6 alts already lvls 40,38,35,23,11,8.

How was my Biodrone impression? :rak_eek:

Molten Core was in the game about 3weeks after release..

Molten Core had near to no bugs at all..

Molten Core was hard.. because it was hard.. not because of bugs..(and possibably because most people went into it wearing bad gear..I was tanking with a +spellpower sword purely because it hit fast and I got unlucky on timeworn mace ^^)

Not to forget UBRS were prior raid content to Molten Core and Onyxia's lair..

Edited by Ashzie

2-3 hour? Try 45 minutes if theres no bugs lol. It only takes like 35minutes to clear to soa. Then 3 hours of wiping on him because he randomly drops aggro, is missing platforms, puts the tank in the mind trap, or randomly despawns at 1% health...thats my favorite. I wish we would just stop banging our heads against the bug boss and just do him on hard real quick and be done. At least you can overcome the bugs on hard because theres basically zero damage happening and he's easily killed in 2 pillar drop phases(although it usually take like 6 because of the aggro drops.

last night one of our mates got caught in soa's whirlwind. as he was flying around, the ground began its collapsing phase, and we all descended. meanwhile, the guy floating around was teleported to the bottom, in some kind of indeterminate phase of nonexistence. we couldn't see him, nor could we rez him as he wasn't dead. we then realized that soa wasn't appearing so we /stuck.

heh.

and before that we had to deal with the platforms not falling properly, so we had nowhere to descend.

third attempt worked, however. i didn't get the mount :mad:

Molten Core was hard.. because it was hard.. not because of bugs..(and possibably because most people went into it wearing bad gear..I was tanking with a +spellpower sword purely because it hit fast and I got unlucky on timeworn mace ^^)

Stop with the lies please. I'm tired of people never telling the truth about MC and Onyxia. Both dungeons were in the raid at launch. "The game was released on November 23, 2004".

Patch 1.1.0 US RELEASE VERSION Date: 11-07-2004

"New Raid Encounters

Rumors of Onyxia, an enormous black dragon, have been heard through out Azeroth. Be sure to bring many brave warriors for she won’t take kindly to intruders in her lair. Both factions will need to complete unique, and challenging quests to gain access to the Onyxia encounter.

Discovered in the heart of Blackrock Mountain beyond the Depths, lies the Molten Core. Within the Molten Core lives a multitude of ancient and powerful evil. Adventurers be ware, for the dangers found within the Molten Core are many and takes many forms.

** Raid loot is being worked on and temporary loot has been placed in raid encounters"

This downloaded and installed before you connected to the server on release day. STOP MAKING CRAP UP. This isn't an Indiana Public School where facts are unimportant.

Edited by Perkunas

Tonight's EV bugs caused 16 people to unsubscribe. Good job Bioware!

I stick out games for a LONG time, and I'm usually pretty forgiving with it comes to buggy games. But this is just ridiculous.

Thanks for playing, if you're on Prophecy of the Five go ahead and send me a PM, I'd love to have your stuff if you're going to run away because of bugs in a video game. :D

Thanks for playing, if you're on Prophecy of the Five go ahead and send me a PM, I'd love to have your stuff if you're going to run away because of bugs in a video game. :D

first, most of it would be bop. the second thing is you wouldnt understand the meaning of bop. Neither would you understand the bugs people are dealing with. So please be just quiet and hush.

Edited by HellFlame

Rumors of Onyxia, an enormous black dragon, have been heard through out Azeroth. Be sure to bring many brave warriors for she won’t take kindly to intruders in her lair. Both factions will need to complete unique, and challenging quests to gain access to the Onyxia encounter.

This is one thing I really think wow did right, requiring attunement to get into raid encounters. I think it helped keep LBRS alive and people running it more often than they otherwise would have to help guildies and friends get attuned. I would have liked to seem something similar in swtor.

Stop with the lies please. I'm tired of people never telling the truth about MC and Onyxia. Both dungeons were in the raid at launch. "The game was released on November 23, 2004".

Patch 1.1.0 US RELEASE VERSION Date: 11-07-2004

"New Raid Encounters

Discovered in the heart of Blackrock Mountain beyond the Depths, lies the Molten Core. Within the Molten Core lives a multitude of ancient and powerful evil. Adventurers be ware, for the dangers found within the Molten Core are many and takes many forms.

** Raid loot is being worked on and temporary loot has been placed in raid encounters"

This downloaded and installed before you connected to the server on release day. STOP MAKING CRAP UP. This isn't an Indiana Public School where facts are unimportant.

Not to break your bubble or anything, but while they were in the game they were completely unplayable for at least a month. The whole instance ID system was broken. When you logged in, you were assigned an ID and that was your ID for the week... the problem was everyone would get ported into different instances with no rhyme or reason. Also, people who got attuned separately got completely hosed for the week. Our raid week for three weeks straight was calling the raid 10 minutes after it started because more than one half the raid was in another instance.

Molten core was hard because of the itemization not because it was hard. The mechanics were not hard, the freaking mage set with only int and spirit, and all the other useless items were why it was hard. The other hard part was finding 40 people you could trust to not be morons. When they made items actually usefull it became incredibly easy. And master loot was totally broken at that point, we all used FFA loot and trusted no ninja looters would be there because it did not function at all.

At molten cores release no such thing as spellpower existed on any epic item. All epics were +stats. In fact as far as I remember spellpower was not even in the game.

Edited by InvalidID

Not to break your bubble or anything, but while they were in the game they were completely unplayable for at least a month. The whole instance ID system was broken. When you logged in, you were assigned an ID and that was your ID for the week... the problem was everyone would get ported into different instances with no rhyme or reason. Also, people who got attuned separately got completely hosed for the week. Our raid week for three weeks straight was calling the raid 10 minutes after it started because more than one half the raid was in another instance.

I was simply refuting the nonsense that they were added to the game after launch.

first, most of it would be bop. the second thing is you wouldnt understand the meaning of bop. Neither would you understand the bugs people are dealing with. So please be just quiet and hush.

Or, you could not know a damn thing about what you're talking about. Defeated Soa tonight. His bugs were annoying. I didn't cry, I fought through it and won. They'll fix it. I'm not a quitter.

If someone wants to quit, I'll gladly take their stuff, they don't deserve it anyway.

Should bioware fix the bugs? Of course! Should people act like whiney brats about it? I know what you think..and now you know what I think.

Or, you could not know a damn thing about what you're talking about. Defeated Soa tonight. His bugs were annoying. I didn't cry, I fought through it and won. They'll fix it. I'm not a quitter.

If someone wants to quit, I'll gladly take their stuff, they don't deserve it anyway.

Should bioware fix the bugs? Of course! Should people act like whiney brats about it? I know what you think..and now you know what I think.

guess what next week your gonna do the same again... and again... till the point where it gonna annoy you. gratz to your soa kill. im doing soa nightmare since a few weeks and yes it starts to get annoying, because you basically one-shot everything except soa.