Preserve the RP servers

Halaek

Please please open more regular PvE servers. Due to the queues on the current ones the new F2P players that are not roleplayers are flooding the RP dedicated servers. Im not having a go at PvE servers or PvE players, its just they do not fit on roleplay servers and vice versa :)

At launch we had a lot of threads screaming for more servers, a few months later we had threads screaming about the need to allow character transfers and server merges because everywhere was a ghost town. Then we had the threads complaining that the forced server merge lost their character/legacy name. Now f2p starts and the cycle starts all over. Please, lets not have any new servers for a few months so we can see how this goes.

How do you know they aren't RPing over microphones ? Or in their heads ? Anyways the more the merier and indeed see how it goes. People don't have to RP openly in orange/brown writing or using say you know?

Cheers,

BadOrb.

People named "HipHop" or "SleepyBurger" are not roleplayers.

Plain and simple.

And a roleplaying server is actually about roleplaying with eachother, not roleplaying with yourself in your head. You can do that on any server.

Plain and simple.

Names like that end up on my ignore list as soon as I see them. Unfortunately this is currently filling up my ignore list pretty fast, which leads to:

Can we please get more room on our ignore lists?

Edited by Kendaric

Plain and simple.

And a roleplaying server is actually about roleplaying with eachother, not roleplaying with yourself in your head. You can do that on any server.

Your last sentence said it all , you can roleplay in your head on any server , therefore you can roleplay in your head on an RP server. The two names you quoted aren't that bad and considering there are hardly any names left on any server because of the mergers then yeah. They are no different from people calling themselves things such as "Dox'in'xxis" , "Plehh'boleh' , which are the types of names iv'e seen. Those people have to use symbols and double letters just to create their characters. Remember what part of MMORPG stands for.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

This is a natural spike in population due to so many people being off work and/or school. In a few days, it will be back to normal.

The last thing we need is to add more servers due to a very temporary spike in population.

Yep, and also because of the game update.....there's always an influx of old players when a game update comes out. The last thing they need to do is some panic move of adding servers. That's what created the whole server mess in the first place when they added all those extra servers after launch and they all became ghost towns before long.

I have a weird deja vu from late December, early January...

but yes, this was to be expected with more player coming. it happens in every game that people aren't really into roleplaying will still pick an RP server

oh, and while I don't play on an RP server you can be sure I do report ridiculous names just as much.

Your last sentence said it all , you can roleplay in your head on any server , therefore you can roleplay in your head on an RP server. The two names you quoted aren't that bad and considering there are hardly any names left on any server because of the mergers then yeah. They are no different from people calling themselves things such as "Dox'in'xxis" , "Plehh'boleh' , which are the types of names iv'e seen. Those people have to use symbols and double letters just to create their characters. Remember what part of MMORPG stands for.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

You aren't getting the point Orb. But I'm not sure you will. People who RP do it mostly for immersion. One of the critical components to immersion is...well, having a world to immerse in. and people who are flopping around with names like that and are filling chat with horribly silly conversations...well, it ruins the immersion. You know the difference between a name like hiphop or iLikeBoobys and a name like Dox'in'xxis? when i come across a toon with a name like Dox'in'xxis, I start to wonder which culture or planet he heralded from to get that name. when I see a name like iLikeBoobys, I think that I just logged in with one of my son's pre-teen friends on xbox live.

You're right. you can immerse yourself in your own head. but it's not as fun, nor as involving or complete. It's simply NOT roleplaying. and it's not like this whole idea is (or should be) strange to you. every MMO I've been in with RP servers has maintained this idea or concept for their RP servers. Even though I'm not an RP'er, I will level toons on RP servers specifically so i can GET this kind of immersion. people with very star wars type names, with some RP in the background...It makes me feel like I am in the universe, rather then being in a room full of pre-teens playing a star wars game. Even if im not a hard core RP player.

And this is what they're talking about. Personally, I think Bio needs to have reporting options for stuff like this on RP servers. without the ability to control this kind of behavior, it's really a waste of time even having separate RP servers IMO.

"Deal with it" is an unacceptable attitude to have over this subject. I fully understand that many common names are taken on the servers but to log into an RP server and give your character names like we have been seeing lately is just a complete lack of respect.

I have evolved from dealing with it to reporting every name that I come across that breaks the TOS.

and yet again this ignorant thought that 'Ilikeboobies' is a good name for a non-rp server :rolleyes:

also, going by the replies on this topic I kinda get the feeling we are just seeing the typical 'troll behaviour' where people create these ridiculous names on an RP server .on purpose. because I rarely ever see names that make me 'headdesk' on my server, which is not RP

Edited by amnie

You aren't getting the point Orb. But I'm not sure you will. People who RP do it mostly for immersion. One of the critical components to immersion is...well, having a world to immerse in. and people who are flopping around with names like that and are filling chat with horribly silly conversations...well, it ruins the immersion. You know the difference between a name like hiphop or iLikeBoobys and a name like Dox'in'xxis? when i come across a toon with a name like Dox'in'xxis, I start to wonder which culture or planet he heralded from to get that name. when I see a name like iLikeBoobys, I think that I just logged in with one of my son's pre-teen friends on xbox live.

You're right. you can immerse yourself in your own head. but it's not as fun, nor as involving or complete. It's simply NOT roleplaying. and it's not like this whole idea is (or should be) strange to you. every MMO I've been in with RP servers has maintained this idea or concept for their RP servers. Even though I'm not an RP'er, I will level toons on RP servers specifically so i can GET this kind of immersion. people with very star wars type names, with some RP in the background...It makes me feel like I am in the universe, rather then being in a room full of pre-teens playing a star wars game. Even if im not a hard core RP player.

And this is what they're talking about. Personally, I think Bio needs to have reporting options for stuff like this on RP servers. without the ability to control this kind of behavior, it's really a waste of time even having separate RP servers IMO.

I do get it , but not sure why you brought someone called "ilikeboobys" into the conversation though , I agree that name is obviously not appropriate for any server. Now you can ignore so you don't see a name such as "hiphop" in gen chat but gen chat isn't for RP per say but it sill clogs up gen when using /say ( can you turn gent off and use brown/orange and /say ?).

Most general chat comments are't anything to do with RPing at all so why not ignore everyone and have no one to play with ? Anyways funny you are on an RP server but don't RP either. Anyways I just think a few people are making a huge fuss over a name like "hiphop".

A busy server is at least busy. I'm sure "iloveboobys" will have to change their name soon.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

I never go out of character when I play the game. That being said I know there are others that get saddened over the fact that immature people are coming into roleplaying servers and go "lol...bro...roleplaying sucks" and stuff like that or "nobody roleplays anymore..cmon now im here to pvp!" wth? You are on a roleplaying server.

I sympathize with you OP and move that BioWare should ENFORCE roleplaying on roleplaying servers. Isn't that what they are there for? I miss when people roleplayed all the time :( Now you need backrooms in rooms in the last house on the right within hallways just to start to roleplay or else some people tell you to shutup. :( sad

That being said, I will roleplay whenever I like to. I roleplay in general and NEVER go out of character on my consular. Sometimes I tell stories along with the music for 15 minutes and they are good to! People love it when you roleplay whether they say they do or not. Roleplaying servers ftw! Save roleplaying!

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Hardly any names left? I created 7 characters all with names that were not taken and names that would fit well in the setting. All you need to do is use a little bit of brain power and you will find a name that works,'

I always find RPers funny when they go around complaining that other people are ruining their immersion and "aren't RPing correctly" because other's aren't playing pretend the way they want them to

not to mention it says on the server select screen and has been said by BW numerous times that there are no special rules enforced on RP servers so they are not going to do anything about it unless it breaks the normal rules enforced on every server

Edited by Liquidacid

I always find RPers funny when they go around complaining that other people are ruining their immersion and "aren't RPing correctly" because other's aren't playing pretend the way they want them to

not to mention it says on the server select screen and has been said by BW numerous times that there are no special rules enforced on RP servers so they are not going to do anything about it unless it breaks the normal rules enforced on every server

^This and so it should be it's one of the reasons why I joined RP servers in the first place :)

Cheers,

BadOrb.