I've got 99 Questions and Making Credits is 1.

Darth_Koala

Blame Pandora for that TERRIBLE Title. lol. Apparently Jay-Z's 99 Problems spawns everywhere. Even in a metal channel. So, I came back. Really digging the changes but good god do I have a few questions.

1. Credits. Yavin 4 slicing runs. Good to know. Is crafting worthwhile still? Or should you just harvest and GCN? Either way, which is high demand now a days?

2. Strongholds. Pretty! ...but do they do anything other than help a guild with their conquest score? ...I'm not even sure what that means. But I got that much from the helpful folk in general.

3. Imperial Agent. Apparently, there's a light ending AND a dark ending??? Any other class have this? I love healing, so I've got BH and now Operative. (I hate how CLOSE the Operative has to be for their skills...) but if it has 2 endings? I'll roll a sniper at x12 to see it! :)

...okay. That's not 99. But it's a good bunch to start with.

Blame Pandora for that TERRIBLE Title. lol. Apparently Jay-Z's 99 Problems spawns everywhere. Even in a metal channel. So, I came back. Really digging the changes but good god do I have a few questions.

1. Credits. Yavin 4 slicing runs. Good to know. Is crafting worthwhile still? Or should you just harvest and GCN? Either way, which is high demand now a days?

2. Strongholds. Pretty! ...but do they do anything other than help a guild with their conquest score? ...I'm not even sure what that means. But I got that much from the helpful folk in general.

3. Imperial Agent. Apparently, there's a light ending AND a dark ending??? Any other class have this? I love healing, so I've got BH and now Operative. (I hate how CLOSE the Operative has to be for their skills...) but if it has 2 endings? I'll roll a sniper at x12 to see it! :)

...okay. That's not 99. But it's a good bunch to start with.

1. Crafting is good. aug kits, augments, crystals are good to sell, as far as i know.

2. There is no "gameplay" advantage. It shortens some ways though...

Edited by Neglience

Just to elaborate on the above poster about strongholds. They make for almost instant access to your legacy cargo hold, mailbox, star ship, fleet, and homeworld. Also if you buy either from the cartel market using cartel coins or GTN using credits you can get almost instant access to modding tables, appearance change, gtn, guild bank, and regular cargo holds

You can only place Legacy Cargo Holds as stronghold decorations, so therefore you can only access your legacy storage via a stronghold. Guild Ships are also considered "strongholds" as far as what decorations can be placed in them.

You can access your legacy's shared contents from anyone's legacy cargo hold, so if your guild has a stronghold or flagship with a Legacy Cargo Hold on it, you don't have to place a stronghold yourself. Alternatively, many players list their strongholds on the public listing allowing anyone to freely come and go from their strongholds, and most if not all players have a Legacy Cargo Hold in their personal stronghold. But if i recall correctly you can only access publicly-listed strongholds from the stronghold terminal in the starport of the respective planet, so its less convenient than accessing your own stronghold or the guild flagship. Finally, if a friend gives you a "key" to their stronghold, you can visit that as an alternative.

EDIT: The strongholds you can buy on the capital planets are relatively cheap, so for the conveniences it offers there is very little downside to owning one. But if you are in a guild its certainly possible to access legacy storage without owning your own stronghold.

Edited by phalczen

You can only place Legacy Cargo Holds as stronghold decorations, so therefore you can only access your legacy storage via a stronghold. Guild Ships are also considered "strongholds" as far as what decorations can be placed in them.

You can access your legacy's shared contents from anyone's legacy cargo hold, so if your guild has a stronghold or flagship with a Legacy Cargo Hold on it, you don't have to place a stronghold yourself. Alternatively, many players list their strongholds on the public listing allowing anyone to freely come and go from their strongholds, and most if not all players have a Legacy Cargo Hold in their personal stronghold. But if i recall correctly you can only access publicly-listed strongholds from the stronghold terminal in the starport of the respective planet, so its less convenient than accessing your own stronghold or the guild flagship. Finally, if a friend gives you a "key" to their stronghold, you can visit that as an alternative.

EDIT: The strongholds you can buy on the capital planets are relatively cheap, so for the conveniences it offers there is very little downside to owning one. But if you are in a guild its certainly possible to access legacy storage without owning your own stronghold.

Legacy Cargo Hold? Where was I when I missed that?? So.. my republic alts would have access to imperial loot if I put it there?

Yes you can put anything in the legacy hold except items marked as bound (bound to legacy items are OK to put in only items marked as 'bound' are stuck with the character they are bound to) Edited by Derfburger

Legacy Cargo Hold? Where was I when I missed that?? So.. my republic alts would have access to imperial loot if I put it there?

Yes and this brings up a point. Strongholds on capital planets are faction specific. Your Pub side toon can visit your stronghold on Dromund Kaas, but will be charged a fee to do so because it's in "enemy territory." That's why getting a stronghold on Nar Shadda, which is relatively cheap, or Tatooine, which is relatively expensive, is a good idea because they both allow both factions to visit without fees. I would imagine the new Yavin stronghold will also fit in this category.

1. You're best bet is just visiting a GTN and browsing some of the prices of what things sell for be it the crafted items and the materials that make them up as some crafting isn't as profitable as others and there aren't a ton of people who are running everything crew skill that can ( or would ) definitively answer which is the best.

I know these days artifice, treasure hunting and archaeology work well for example but I can't say if they are the best.

2. In addition to what's been said You can also access your stronghold via the menu and quickly traveling there from anywhere and when you are done you can access the normal exit button above your map and return to your previous location which will put you back exactly where you were before you went to your stronghold providing you hadn't logged out of the character first.

This means super quick trips to a GTN/Mail box etc. etc. if need be in the middle of nowhere and you can then quickly get back instead of going to the nearest quick travel point.