How do I change combat discipline paths?

Belrych

Yep. Skill mentor, just like if you wanted to respec your skill tree when that was in the game.

Or there is an advantage I think that lets you change it in the field, but I am guessing if you had that then you wouldn't be asking this here. :sul_cool:

On the Republic side there is a skill mentor in the lower level of the Senate Plaza on Coruscant (near the Guild Registrar) and on the Fleet just west of the southern exit. On the Imp fleet, since it all seems to be 180 degrees rotated from the Rep station, it's probably just east of the north exit (as well as the one in Kaas City) Edited by JediQuaker

• 5 months later...
If I am not mistaken there is a Legacy Perk that let's you do this in the field as well. At work so I can't check the cost of that from here. Maybe someone at their computer can confirm the cost to unlock it.

Correct, but its a couple hundred thousand credits if i remember, or like 400 CC.

If I am not mistaken there is a Legacy Perk that let's you do this in the field as well. At work so I can't check the cost of that from here. Maybe someone at their computer can confirm the cost to unlock it.

Field Respec can be unlocked for 350 Cartel Coins at level 10.

Or you can unlock it for 200k credits at level 10 and Legacy level 5.

Either way, it's a single character unlock. There is no "legacy-wide" or "account-wide" version.

Field Respec can be unlocked for 350 Cartel Coins at level 10.

Or you can unlock it for 200k credits at level 10 and Legacy level 5.

Either way, it's a single character unlock. There is no "legacy-wide" or "account-wide" version.

It's well worth it though, imo at least

• 4 months later...
YES!

With 4.0, they FINALLY added a key binding import/export function!

Not in game right now, so don't recall the exact location, but probably Preferences > Keybindings. It's a tab at the bottom of the window.

Does this mean you can change spec and your action bars automatically change for that spec? Like on my Sorc if I want to heal and I switch to that will a new set of bars and key binds automatically pop up (after ive set them of course) or do you still have to manually change over to a different set of bars/binds?

Does this mean you can change spec and your action bars automatically change for that spec? Like on my Sorc if I want to heal and I switch to that will a new set of bars and key binds automatically pop up (after ive set them of course) or do you still have to manually change over to a different set of bars/binds?
OK, just tried it with my IA Op, switched between Medicine and Lethality. Here's what happened:

The 4 old discipline abilities are removed.

The 4 new abilities automatically go into the 1st 4 available slots (like when you normally train an ability). In my case, 3 of the 4 went in the ones that were just vacated.

If there's an ability that is an upgrade of a class/advanced class (non-discipline) ability, it replaces that one on your QB.

But if you mean: can I set the 2 different keybinding saves and it automatically switches between those 2, I'm guessing the answer is NO. But how hard is it to just set those 2 and then load them when you change discipline?

• 4 years later...
nice..this is intersting but its now 6.1.1

It is, and...what? The information is still accurate, the skill mentors are in the same places, and they allow you to change your discipline. The legacy unlock is also still there that allows you to field respec. Do you have a question? Is there something you're not understanding or can't find?

It is, and...what? The information is still accurate, the skill mentors are in the same places, and they allow you to change your discipline. The legacy unlock is also still there that allows you to field respec. Do you have a question? Is there something you're not understanding or can't find?

He may be trying to complain that we still don't have some flavour of build templates / autosaved layouts with autorestore on respec / something. Maybe.

That's about the only reason I can think of.