Spoiler, Ziost!

saremun

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come both Theron and Lana are both relatively cool about it?? Lana: well a major imperial world just died, but i think we did okay? and Theron: Well the grand master and supreme chancellor are pretty mad at me, so that is what i will mostly talk about in the 2 min long discussion. Damn there should be widespread panic, we should get a sense of doom and despair. :/

i actually think the patch was pretty good, and the final cutscene where the planet died had a perfect emotional impact, especially, since i just (once again) finished the audiobook "darth bane path of destruction" with the thought bomb. the only problem was the after reaction from the spymasters, Lana and Theron.

i actually think the patch was pretty good, and the final cutscene where the planet died had a perfect emotional impact, especially, since i just (once again) finished the audiobook "darth bane path of destruction" with the thought bomb. the only problem was the after reaction from the spymasters, Lana and Theron.

Omg, that book is my favorite and the thought bomb was a reall dramatic and emotional part of the book!

And yeah i liked the cutscene a lot, and i liked it even more when i went back and saw the planet!

Omg, that book is my favorite and the thought bomb was a reall dramatic and emotional part of the book!

And yeah i liked the cutscene a lot, and i liked it even more when i went back and saw the planet!

try and hear it on audiobook, and then watch the cutscene, you'll get the chills ;)

Yes, just like Nathema :D

If the Ziost is now like Nathema:

1. How can we use the Force there?

2. How can creatures like Monolithes live there?

3. How the droids can work there?

As I remeber, after Vitiate's ritual whole planet Nathema was "empty" - no life, even no Force.

A year after the Battle of Yavin, after being roused on Yavin 4 by the Rebel Alliance, the mutated Massassi Kalgrath came to Ziost hoping to find his people. He was disappointed, having found only a frozen waste.
Nice story ;)

How come both Theron and Lana are both relatively cool about it?? Lana: well a major imperial world just died, but i think we did okay? and Theron: Well the grand master and supreme chancellor are pretty mad at me, so that is what i will mostly talk about in the 2 min long discussion. Damn there should be widespread panic, we should get a sense of doom and despair. :/

Maybe Theron and Lana have a delayed response to this kind of thing? Kind of like how we don't see Leia freaking out and despairing when Alderaan got destroyed? Like... perhaps they're using their duties and careers as a mask so they don't have to face what happened on the outside, but on the inside like when they go home to their quarters and close the door the despair and mourning comes out? You know?

Maybe Theron and Lana have a delayed response to this kind of thing? Kind of like how we don't see Leia freaking out and despairing when Alderaan got destroyed? Like... perhaps they're using their duties and careers as a mask so they don't have to face what happened on the outside, but on the inside like when they go home to their quarters and close the door the despair and mourning comes out? You know?

i could get that. A sort of denial position, or forcing oneself not to think about it through other matters :p It is not a major issue for me. i like what they did with the entire patch, but i just think that what i think was a perfect ending to the ziost story, had such a weak dialoge between the spymasters. I think a more perfect solution would be, a sense of hopelesness, and also holo vids showing mass panic in the empire. would still give it a 5/5 stars

i could get that. A sort of denial position, or forcing oneself not to think about it through other matters :p It is not a major issue for me. i like what they did with the entire patch, but i just think that what i think was a perfect ending to the ziost story, had such a weak dialoge between the spymasters. I think a more perfect solution would be, a sense of hopelesness, and also holo vids showing mass panic in the empire. would still give it a 5/5 stars

you're assuming the general public of the empire knows whats happened. I GARENTEE what happened on Ziost is being supressed. on BOTH sides.

you're assuming the general public of the empire knows whats happened. I GARENTEE what happened on Ziost is being supressed. on BOTH sides.

Yeah i might got ahead of myself, but the loss of a major emperial bastion, is quite difficult to keep secret :p

Yeah i might got ahead of myself, but the loss of a major emperial bastion, is quite difficult to keep secret :p

less so then you might think. news coming out of the empire, in the republic is going to be hard to come by. and in the emopire they've been supresssing and controling movement for forever, indeed I suspect the average citizen cannot leave his planet without special permission etc

less so then you might think. news coming out of the empire, in the republic is going to be hard to come by. and in the emopire they've been supresssing and controling movement for forever, indeed I suspect the average citizen cannot leave his planet without special permission etc

well. emperial citiizens doesen't as far as i know, doesen't have any laws that restricts their movements in any real way. Or at least that is what lord scourge has said. Also they couldn't keep the rumors about the emperors death from spreading, and later his official death :p

If the Ziost is now like Nathema:

1. How can we use the Force there?

2. How can creatures like Monolithes live there?

3. How the droids can work there?

As I remeber, after Vitiate's ritual whole planet Nathema was "empty" - no life, even no Force.

I don't know, and neither do you. To me it looked like Vitiate consumed all life, just like I imagined he did on Nathema. But maybe it's a different ritual with other effects. Like the "Thought Bomb" if you read the Darth Bane triology.

I choose the second option (inspectijg what happens) and not the first option. If you take that option, do you simply go the Landing Zone area?

Oh and by the way. I felt some tears coming up when I saw what was happening, I'll be honest. Don't know if that's either good or that it means I'm crazy.

well. emperial citiizens doesen't as far as i know, doesen't have any laws that restricts their movements in any real way. Or at least that is what lord scourge has said. Also they couldn't keep the rumors about the emperors death from spreading, and later his official death :p

ok why do you keep using the term emperial? it's Imperial.

as for laws that restrict movement, we don't know eaither way.. but it's worth considering. the Sith Empire is NOT a social democracy where freedom of expression is a right. it's a brutal Theocratic Oligarchy, information control is pretty normal. yes after the emperor died rumors spread, but it was mostly among the ranks of the elite (every single PC Imp side is part of the elite upper echelon. so keep that in mind. you can't use the player experiance to judge the majority, cause even the BH and agent are part of the "one percent") we don't even know how widely the announcement of the emperor's death spread into the empire. proably a fair bit but it would have been helped along by SIS hackers and the like, forwarding it along datafeeds.

and even if there are no normal travel restrictions, blocking people from going to Ziost isn't that hard. "the planet has a plague and is under quarrintine" would suffice.

ok why do you keep using the term emperial? it's Imperial.

as for laws that restrict movement, we don't know eaither way.. but it's worth considering. the Sith Empire is NOT a social democracy where freedom of expression is a right. it's a brutal Theocratic Oligarchy, information control is pretty normal. yes after the emperor died rumors spread, but it was mostly among the ranks of the elite (every single PC Imp side is part of the elite upper echelon. so keep that in mind. you can't use the player experiance to judge the majority, cause even the BH and agent are part of the "one percent") we don't even know how widely the announcement of the emperor's death spread into the empire. proably a fair bit but it would have been helped along by SIS hackers and the like, forwarding it along datafeeds.

and even if there are no normal travel restrictions, blocking people from going to Ziost isn't that hard. "the planet has a plague and is under quarrintine" would suffice.

sorry for spelling imperial wrong, but english is not my native language, and since this is just a game forum, i'm not that concerned since i know you get what i mean.

I know that the empire isn't a democracry, but that doesen't have to matter. Even in the most brutal dictatorships, the goverment usually fails to keep game changing events secret. Adolf Hitler was for example, completely unable to keep his defeat at Stalingrad secret from the public. Sure the empire has several options available to keep the public ignorant, but such crushing events usually gets out anyway

That is something that bugged be about the post-cine convo... but I suppose you could rationalize it away as having difficult dealing with the scale of what happened?

As for Ziost vs Nathema...

My personal theory is that this is what would have happened everywhere had the Knight failed to stop the Emperor throughout Act 3. Glad to see there's some basis for that, so maybe he's going for it world by world, because he doesn't have the support structure anymore to do it all in one go anymore?

And let me just say: Holy hell, Bioware, major kudos for this one. Not really for the cinematic, there's only so much you can do given the engine, but stepping onto Ziost afterwards, especially if you had just done the Ziost story, is haunting.

Only a few droids to fight, no NPC's aside from a few droids, none of the life on it that was everywhere before, and all of the daily quests are just about trying to figure out... what the hell happened.

It can be very hard to tell a story with almost no dialog... but the daily quests on Ziost do more to show the power of the Emperor and the stakes we're dealing with far, far more than a thousand speeches.

Just superb.

For those that may not be familiar with the Lor....er.... Legend. Nethema was Vitiate's homeworld. Shortly after the end of the Great Hyperspace War, Vitiate gather the various sith lords to Nethema and created a mass rituate that sucked all life from the planet, left it barren and granting him immortal life. Edited by MisterBlackJack