Worst. Content. Ever!

SirMannii

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to click that. I know what link it is.

You know that you can see where the link leads, when you hover over it? (On most browsers it appears in the bottom left corner of the browser)

But you're right a rick roll would have been a good option too, why didn't I think of that :D

Edited by Never_Hesitate

You know that you can see where the link leads, when you hover over it? (On most browsers it appears in the bottom left corner of the browser)

But you're right a rick roll would have been a good option too, why didn't I think of that :D

I know. I should've put a smiley there to say "I'm not seriously saying this".

I agree with the OP that this is the worst content expansion ever.

1. This is not an Expansion. We mere mortals refer to this as a "patch" or "update".

2. If you agree with the OP, you have to use more punctuation, like "I agree with the OP that this is the worst. content. expansion. ever!!!"

1. This is not an Expansion. We mere mortals refer to this as a "patch" or "update".

2. If you agree with the OP, you have to use more punctuation, like "I agree with the OP that this is the worst. content. expansion. ever!!!"

Technically going by Bioware's logic, this is the GSF expansion for f2p. Those who subbed and had "early access" would consider this a patch. A very minor expansion, but nevertheless Bioware still calls this an expansion.

I like the premise, but I have to say, as an honest point of criticism, I find the rewards and the credit drops staggeringly low. If I kill a gold star mob at lvl 55 in Czerka, it'll drop about 1200 credits. In Kuat Drive yards? 70 credits. Something is up with that. If that is working as intended I may never run the FP ever again.

Where do we cast our vote for that? :rolleyes:

Scroll down the page and look on the right hand side, you can vote for the thread there /sarcasm. :p

The idea of a "tactical" flashpoint that is modular in nature has merits, it definitely takes the whole RNG thing a step further that's for sure. As others have rightly pointed out though, it's very simplistic in nature and needs fleshing out.

As for the loot tables, i'm wondering if they forgot to add those for the level 55 version..... as well as give Basic comms instead of Planetary comms...... as well as alter the credit drops for the mobs...

In fact, I think it's potentially the ONLY flashpoint you'll do at level 55 that can cost you credits if you dare to wipe just once :D I'm guessing (hoping) that someone forgot to add the correct loot table into the 55 version, either that or i'm going to stop running any new flashpoints if this is the direction they're taking.

Still liking the modular design though :p

There's no way they would have scaled the gear and credits to level 55 standards when they have anything from 15+ going in there. They would be getting gear that they can't use forever and getting super rich for their level, both of which I am sure bioware wants to avoid.

It's clear this was meant as another rep grind/reward system which 55s can enjoy and as a quick way to level alts up (especially for dps since the queue times are much quicker). To which they achieved what they desired.

Chill. Out. More. :D

Even if meant to help level, the design of the FP, or lack of a narrative arc specifically, makes it the worst FP in the game.

There isn't an ending! There's an explanation why the drive yards are important for the war, but almost nothing else of substance is offered.

An example of what I mean: Taral V. On the Republic side, this starts a set of two FPs to free a Jedi prisoner (who turns out to be quite an important Jedi). The level of depth in both the story and presentation is what made it a great FP.

Kuat does have some novel approaches, the scenarios especially, but almost everyone I know thinks it is extremely out of place in a game that narrates why a character is engaged in an area as much as SWTOR does.

Great for XP, but for the game's future, if this is where FPs are headed.

i dont think this is considered long term story arc content. its purely a way to give people something else to level with besides running your 4 or 5 or more alts through the same old same old. or if you only want to pvp but want to speed up xp earned than run this while you pvp.

as for story its very weak. one can only hope an intern did this or there is more coming.