No Love for Windu

TyboJames

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, far too many say Vapaad takes away from his skill. I don't understand that? I saw someone say to discredit it because it's an outside enhancement. That just makes zero sense to me, seeing how he one, pioneered the technique, and two it requires force focus and inner strength to use.

Secondly, no one has been able to 100% convince me that Mace wouldn't have killed Palps. As far as I'm concerned it was at least a tie, and Anakin's lil self is responsible for the rise of the Empire.

First, far too many say Vapaad takes away from his skill. I don't understand that? I saw someone say to discredit it because it's an outside enhancement. That just makes zero sense to me, seeing how he one, pioneered the technique, and two it requires force focus and inner strength to use.

Secondly, no one has been able to 100% convince me that Mace wouldn't have killed Palps. As far as I'm concerned it was at least a tie, and Anakin's lil self is responsible for the rise of the Empire.

It doesn't take away from his skill, he invented it so...ya but it is a fighting style that amps him, so its more then a fighting style it is also an amp. Windu even states as such that he created Vapaad to answer his weakness, turning his inner darkness into a weapon of the light(pretty much the exact wording here..)

"But surely, Master Windu," Obi-Wan had said, "you, with the power of Vaapad—or Yoda's mastery of Ataro—"

Mace Windu had almost smiled. "I created Vaapad to answer my weakness: it channels my own darkness into a weapon of the light. Master Yoda's Ataro is also an answer to weakness: the limitations of reach and mobility imposed by his stature and his age. But for you? What weakness does Soresu answer?"

As for the Windu vs Palps debate...Windu wouldn't have killed him. The duel was a stalemate yes, but then this started happening...

"You're the chosen one, Anakin," Mace said, his voice going thin with strain. This was beyond Vaapad; he had no strength left to fight against his own blade. "Take him. It's your destiny."

Then this..

Mace's blade bent so close to his face that he was choking on ozone. "Anakin, he's too strong for me—"

Sidious lighting was bending Mace's blade.

So we have Mace having no strength left to fight and saying that Sidious was too powerful for him. I think that is clear, of Mace not being able to kill him. If Anakin weren't there, Sidious would have just fried Mace right then and there.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

The ROTS novel states clearly that Sidious' lightning was bending Windu's lightsaber blade so close to his own face that he was choking on the ozone, even in his own thoughts, he believed Vaapad had nothing left for him and that Sidious' power was beyond it, the lightsaber was slipping out of his hand.

Simply put, he would not have been able to fight back against Sidious' force lightning.

I don't see what's so bad about losing to Sidious. He is the most powerful Sith Lord ever. In fact, it's a testament to Mace's skill that he was able to hold his own against Sidious, even with Vaapad. Edited by Aurbere

I don't see what's so bad about losing to Sidious. He is the most powerful Sith Lord ever. In fact, it's a testament to Mace's skill that he was able to hold his own against Sidious, even with Vaapad.

It's a testament that he put the Most powerful Sith Lord ever on his *** in a lightsaber duel, not only did he match him move for move, he out-smarted him by forcing him out next to the window, because he clearly knew that Sidious' skill with a lightsaber blade wasn't exactly technique as much as it was being fast as **** with Force Speed and by forcing him to redirect some of his focus into making sure he didn't get blown out of the window, he opened himself up for a THIS IS SPARTA.

It's a testament that he put the Most powerful Sith Lord ever on his *** in a lightsaber duel, not only did he match him move for move, he out-smarted him by forcing him out next to the window, because he clearly knew that Sidious' skill with a lightsaber blade wasn't exactly technique as much as it was being fast as **** with Force Speed and by forcing him to redirect some of his focus into making sure he didn't get blown out of the window, he opened himself up for a THIS IS SPARTA.
Outsmarting Sidious? I can't see that happening. Sidious clearly threw the fight in some manner given the way he just 'happens' to get disarmed just as Anakin is coming in. And I think letting himself be pushed to the window was how he did it. This is Darth Sidious we are talking about here, he would never make that kind of mistake.

Outsmarting Sidious? I can't see that happening. Sidious clearly threw the fight in some manner given the way he just 'happens' to get disarmed just as Anakin is coming in. And I think letting himself be pushed to the window was how he did it. This is Darth Sidious we are talking about here, he would never make that kind of mistake.

Proof or it didn't happen :p

Its called a priori reasoning. :jawa_wink:

Priori reasoning would imply that everyone can see the truth without investigating or needing research.

A statement that can be deemed true PRIOR to further knowledge.

i.e. All widows are unmarried.

What you are saying is just a hypothesis. Priori is implying that it is the undeniable truth.

Edited by TyboJames

Well, that explains it better. :o