Instant respawns in Civil War are bad design

Dee-Jay

The strat i encourage my team to use when playing Civil War is this:

3/1/4 - I usually send a stealther to the middle so that he can harass and prevent the enemy cap for a while and force the enemy to commit a few players towards capping the middle, giving the flanks the superiority needed to win those.

And from then on its just abuse the instant respawn speeders to send in wave after wave of respawning players, making it virtually impossible for the enemy to cap. There really isn't an effective counter because the enemy team would have to commit 6+ players towards a node in order to win it against 4+ instant respawning players, leaving their other nodes vulnerable to attack.

Noobs tend to think the middle is the most important node and are drawn to it like flies to poo. But it is in fact, the least important because the flanks are 10-times easier to defend simply because of the instant respawn.

While effective, this strat is extremely lame and doesn't lead to exciting games. In fact, I'd almost consider it abuse of game-mechanics.

There was a very good reason Bioware added a 4-second cast-time to the side-speeders pre 1.2, something that helped alleviate the issue. Why they removed it is beyond me.

In fact, I'd argue that the side speeders are unnecessary to begin with as they make the flanks so much easier to defend. The result is static and boring games that are decided by split-second mistakes rather than superior play.

Edited by Dee-Jay