Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is the SWTOR fiasco??

AbsolutGrndZero
03.09.2012 , 03:00 AM | #1
Ok, so with the recent release of Mass Effect 3 and so many people not liking the ending, they are making comparisons to Star Wars the Old Republic being such a horrid game and using words like "fiasco" and such. It's all apparently evidence that Bioware has lost their touch and is going to completely fail as a company very soon.

Now... what did I miss? What are these people talking about? I've not been playing for awhile (still subscribed) because various things IRL have left me with less time to play video games, then I wanted to finish up a save for ME2 and now playing ME3.

So what have I missed?
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

Metaspark
03.09.2012 , 03:14 AM | #2
games not living up to the tremendous expectations caused by mass pre-release hype. nothing new

Cynomen
03.09.2012 , 11:05 AM | #3
Some people will never be satisfied and with all the social media available now a days, their voice is getting out there more. It is a lot like the forums here being flooded with this game this and this game that, it is seen more because people who like the game are actually playing the game and not on the forums as much as the negative posters.
Empire: Jaelyx, Voxcyn, Ouiija Republic: Myya Rae, Micca Rae

Server: Harbinger Guild: Blood Bath & Beyond

C-RoN
03.09.2012 , 11:10 AM | #4
Because people these days are judging games only based on others peoples opinions before they even play it themselves... Then the brainless masses follow suit...

ErikModi
03.09.2012 , 11:45 AM | #5
Best summed up in a quote by Ben "Yahtzee" Crosshaw:

"Fans are clingy complaining dip****s that will never ever be grateful for anything you give them."
Jedi vs. Sith, Page 97, column 2, paragraph 4, line 1:

Prior to the Battle of Ruusan, the Jedi used crystals from many different sources, and ignited lightsabers in every known hue, including purple, orange, and gold.

XGSTAR
03.09.2012 , 11:49 AM | #6
The bad fiasco is its crying people.

The good fiasco is the end game, kinda lame, but always use your imagination to make better the game for yourself at least (because I do, by joining and helping in the story quests from other classes, for example). That, and just be a bit patient to get and enjoy more awesome content like patch 1.2.

And, geez, don't compare a game doesn't have anything to mind about this mmo, though the share the same company.

People are just gonna to be way criers than non-retarded baby (because they seemed to be just the opposite thing about what I wrote in their childhood).

livnthedream
03.09.2012 , 11:50 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ErikModi View Post
Best summed up in a quote by Ben "Yahtzee" Crosshaw:

"Fans are clingy complaining dip****s that will never ever be grateful for anything you give them."
^^ this essentially. also, there has been very little stated by the devs in either interviews or q&a that the game has actively missed the mark on. people causing the over hype is the issue, and its already happening with gw2.

on a side note im boycotting me3 for the simple fact that same day dlc that is semi important to the story is complete and utter bs.

SaibotLiu
03.09.2012 , 12:34 PM | #8
Everything is a failure these days. We live in a society where if something is not a failure it is not noteworthy.

Its the EpicFailLOL UMADBRAH generation, and I weep for the future.

Valens_Andorius
03.09.2012 , 12:39 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by SaibotLiu View Post
Everything is a failure these days. We live in a society where if something is not a failure it is not noteworthy.

Its the EpicFailLOL UMADBRAH generation, and I weep for the future.
Sadly true. I'm a history teacher, and assigned an Essay about the Fall of the Roman Republic.

Of 29 Students, 12 used the terms lol, omg, or some other internet leet-speek.

1 student actually said the Senate was trolling Caesar.

Hope the Mayans were right, cause anything else will be a ***-hat Sopranos ending.
Everyday I'm Shuffling
Shadowlands: Blackfyre Legacy
55-Dutch Gunslinger/Womanizer
55-Vaylrion Commando

TrueDND
03.09.2012 , 12:58 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Valens_Andorius View Post
Sadly true. I'm a history teacher, and assigned an Essay about the Fall of the Roman Republic.

Of 29 Students, 12 used the terms lol, omg, or some other internet leet-speek.

1 student actually said the Senate was trolling Caesar.

Hope the Mayans were right, cause anything else will be a ***-hat Sopranos ending.
I don't want to believe this, especially when I have kids myself. Please tell me that you are kidding. PLEASE. Even if you have to lie to me. And if you aren't, I hope you failed the **** out of them.