Incentives to play republic

PureHavoc

I know the game is still new, but there needs to be some balance among the server in terms of sith and republic. We all saw the CGI vids and in all of them showed how BadA the sith were.

I'd suggest double, triple, exp and reward weekends, to compensate those who may feel like switch for this cause and to help sway them for their loss.

They were clearly forewarned years ago when they opened the forms and guild creation and it showed that cleary a ration of 8 guilds to 1 were going to be created at launch and no counter measure like games such as AION took to balance a world in conflict by limiting what side could be chosen on a server.

The results of this choice to not do anything regarding them have all but been catastrophic. PvP for sith results in nothing but huttball, I can't even remember what the other mode and types even where. Progression will be all but dead for everyone but the hardcore dedicate who had friends/guildmates that made the decisions to role republic. the economy on both side are being destroyed, inflated prices for lack of items on republic and minimal gains for the work done for sith.

Why aren't the AH's shared? sith and republic dwell among each other i thought? good or bad credits are credits. I can see how this would apply to games such as wow, aion, rift, etc. because those games are worlds dimensions apart.

I like many want this game to succeed but we all know its about 3-6 months from now that determines a games success. hype will get you subs at the start but your game determines staying power. swtor is packing little to none and is in the same boat as rift, aion, aoc, warhammer, etc. these games didn't fail on promises but things they were lacking that gave them staying power. the games forgot to be fun and enjoyable.

Thing is swtor has all the pieces to become truly great, be it rushed by a loaded blaster pistol from management as EA or families being held captive at lightsaber point. this game feels like ideas weren't full realized, huge pot holes exist in not the implementation but the execution of things.

The unforeseen elements are here, and its been two weeks, a lot of people try games and give them the free month for them to fix things. all games on my list pushed content instead of fixes which lead to their games demise, don't fall into that same pull of venom. fix the game first then move on. show that you actually care about what you crafted and not just used the IP. if this game wasn't star wars branded how many people would even be here? because its not an epic game that overshadows them all, without the star wars brand and the bio ware tag this is a hollow shell.

this game is capable of giving both brands a horrible name.

eh... I don't think there should be game changing incentives to play republic, there's neutral trade network on Nar Shaddaa (at least the one that i know of) but creating more video's that showcase Republic and make you go: "I want to play that character!" would be lovely. I mean the intro Video does a fairly good job of it I think, but there maybe need for a few more.