PvP In This Game. Think About It... PvP Rant: Feel Free To Rant With Me.

AskSyntax

As we all know, many people main a healer and genuinely, a good healer will decide the outcome of most reg matches, and dramatically almost all ranked matches, but hold on... Why am I even posting this? I mean.. Bioware doesn't care about PvP in this game, which is why this game is slowly dying. Yeah, the PvE is good but more than half the population of the game PvPs, and a lot of them get into it so much that they do ranked. Well about that.. Ranked is dead. It's been dead since season 4 and season 5, mainly because the imbalance and SPECIFICALLY because the rewards SUCK. Rewards haven't been good since season 3, i mean how hard is it to make another cool looking season 1 or season 3 armor, I mean geez, Bioware is the master at re-skinning things. But meanwhile those of us who do ranked and PvP every time we're online I have one thing to state. Healers ruin the PvP in this game, mainly because it makes the game easy as ****. I just want to have everyone imagine this: Imagine the game if healers weren't allowed in PvP. The game would be more challenging and objective based instead of DPS racing in regs, and not entirely imbalanced in ranked.

There's countless times I've lost in ranked because my healer is garbage compared to the healer on the other team, I mean its like Hieroglyphixx vs Kytera.. Hiero obviously wins, he's more experienced, and not to mention the fact that the team system in this game is just RNG, I mean I see better healers get all the good players. The main reason sorcerers are gold rated in this game are primarily because of sorc healers: the stupidest thing that happened to this game. All you have to do to get gold rated on a sorc is learn heals and farm the sh*tty healer on the other team, its literally not hard at all. You can ask any sorc healer that's top rated and they will clearly tell you how easy it is. You may ask, "Hey instead of complaining about it, why don't you play heals?" Well I hate playing heals, It's not my play style at all. I've been plaything this game since late 1.0 and honestly I felt the 2.0s were the best because it felt somewhat balanced. Personally, I feel that if healers weren't allowed in any PvP instance, it would actually be fun again. The healers in this game are aids. I can't carry a terrible healer in ranked because they're the MOST important person on the team and it ruins ranked! At least give an option to ignore the bad players. Regs would be worth playing over ranked too because you don't have to worry about who's going to have the better healer pre-made, and you can actually do objectives instead of spamming abilities at 2 healers at a single node. Its f*****g ridiculous.

Currently I play on The Harbinger, and ranked has died because of one person, and I can't mention it's name. This person is so bad that people have decided to stop queuing ranked because it takes all their rating away (and I mean 100s, i speak from experience) and it makes the game pretty crappy. In reality, hardly anyone cares about end game PvE except for the story fans, and sure, the story is decent. But we as humans love competitive nature, and resort to PvP when we're bored. If Bioware doesn't care about what it's customers want, then why play this game at all? this game is a memorable game and I still love it, but i just cringe at how boring it is now since there's hardly any new PvP content. I mean really, 2 maps bioware? 2 maps that people flipping hate. I know countless amounts of people who literally get in an odessen warzone and leave right away because it's garbage. Don't even get me started on the Rishi Cove Arena.. The horror. Not to mention the stuck bug that ruined everyone's lives (no pun intended) when it first came out, but the rishi cove arena is horrible. Yes I like the ideas Bioware (i doubt they're even reading this), but why does it take 2 years to release 2 maps that 90% of players don't even like? Honestly if i got paid to do it, I would design a 4v4 arena for every map in the game, it's what the customers want. I mean think about it, underwater dome Manaan Arena (wow). Or maybe a Hutta arena? Like come on. Designing an arena should be fun, not something you want to avoid. I realize that development takes time and testing but seriously, avoiding something long overdue doesn't fix anything at all and makes things worse. The PvP in this game is unique and I haven't found a game anything like it, it has so much potential. It needs to be fixed. No one gives a full flying **** only about PvE! I mean think about it, playing the same ops over and over again for fun when you're already geared? Yeah no thanks, not many people want to do that. That's like watching the same bad movie over and over again because you have nothing else to do; but wait there's more! There's PvP..! The side of SWTOR that Bioware is overlooking. FIX IT, and holy crap why did you get rid of open world PvP? That made so many people quit. Yeah kids get ganked, who cares? It clearly stated before to have caution when joining a PvP server. I like how Bioware listens to the PvErs rather than the PvPers (I'm pretty sure they wouldn't know this but that was complete sarcasm). The thing I find the most fun on this game is sitting in the combat section on the fleet talking to randoms in chat, or decorating my stronghold/flagship in peace. This game could've been better, and now the consequence will be a dead population unless things change.

Edited by AskSyntax

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

are you exaggerating to get your point across or are you serious with this statement?

Nah I was implying around 60%, and I didn't mean only PvP. Many people play both PvE and PvP

Edited by AskSyntax

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

are you exaggerating to get your point across or are you serious with this statement?

According to a dev blog shortly after release, back when the game had millions of players, almost half of everyone was doing wzs.

PVE in this game is disregarded as well as PVP.

SM operations turned into casual crap that people enter for leveling. No new content as well. FOTM (more like FOTY) classes exist too. If you are going for NiM ops, why would you go focus guardian or infil shadow instead of saboteur slinger or watchman sent?

Bioware don't need hardcore players. Doesn't matter ranked or NiM. They need CM sales. If you don't like the current state of the game, not enjoying it - don't beat a dead horse and just leave. I already did that.

Edited by DerSchneider

Bioware don't need hardcore players. Doesn't matter ranked or NiM. They need CM sales. If you don't like the current state of the game, not enjoying it - don't beat a dead horse and just leave. I already did that.

yep. cancelled my sub a month ago. think it expires mid/late august. not that it really matters. but w/e.

fyi: this is what I sensed LotRO was like for the little that I played it. they keep trying to sell stuff in the market. and i pay for my niece to play the How to Train Your Dragon mmorpg, and it's the same thing. you buy "CC" to buy quests and gear in a "CM." it's an effective money maker, but I look at it a bit like reality tv: it's fine here and there. but once every network starts doing it, there's nothing on tv anymore. there's no content. there's nothing to make you think. that's how network tv lost all of their shows to hbo, showtime, starz, amc, history channel, etc.