Suckered?

EBKnight

I was adventuring on dormond kaas. Sith homeworld and a player walked up to me and asked me if I wanted to do "named". Named? I asked him what that was. He walked over to this very large (lizard-like) creature with 11000 hps.

Uh, okay. We grouped, slayed the monster, and I didn't get anything. No exp, items or anything. I guess there is a party setting to horde the exp and items?

Are you absolutely certain that both you and the other player were in a group/party? Did he invite you to join a group or vice versa? Did you accept the group invitation or did he accept it?

If you were too high level compared to the target mob, I'm not sure if you would have gained any experience. If you both were truly grouped together, you would at least see whatever loot that dropped regardless of the group loot setting. Maybe the other player kicked you out of the group before the mob died.

Edited by BlackRifle

Are you absolutely certain that both you and the other player were in a group/party? Did he invite you to join a group or vice versa? Did you accept the group invitation or did he accept it?

If you were too high level compared to the target mob, I'm not sure if you would have gained any experience. If you both were truly grouped together, you would at least see whatever loot that dropped. Maybe the other player kicked you out of the group before the mob died.

That last one sounds like the most likely explanation.

NEVER TRUST A SITH!

Nope, didnt unparty until after death. His speech was purple. He made the group on the spot and i accepted.

Is that creature a quest?

I didn't notice his level, but I was 16 and he had companion, so he had to be within five levels of me.

I didnt pay attention to anything but the HP, it shocked me.

He thanked me and left. I am not pissed or anything, I just want to know if it is possible so that in the future, I can see if I may be being taken advantage of. I haven't played an MMO since UO, so I am sure a lot has changed.

Perhaps there was just some confusion of what really happened. For your future reference, all loot that drops should be visible to all players in the group or raid regardless of what the group loot setting is. If only credits drop, then you will see text in the main chat window telling you that credits dropped and the amount. The same goes for trash (gray) and "standard" (white) items. However, if an item that is green or better drops, you should get a window that pops up dead center on the screen which gives you the opportunity to select Need, Greed, Disassemble (if applicable), or Pass (x). Edited by BlackRifle

Only thing I can help with is the reference to "named." A named mob is usually a unique mob, either a quest mob or an elite one, or both. Or in WoW it could also mean a rare mob.

I'm curious to hear more about the loot options. I haven't looked that closely. There's no setting like round-robin that could have prevented the OP from seeing what was looted? I think in that case it won't pop up a loot box, but the loot information still appears on the chat screen. OP, did you look to see if the player got anything there?

If it was for a quest, there either may have been loot that you weren't eligible for, or no loot at all.

Edited by Ringzero

If it was for a quest, there either may have been loot that you weren't eligible for, or no loot at all.

Even then, you should still see everything that drops and once again, without regard to what the current group loot setting is. If there was in fact no loot, then of course, there is no loot.

Edited by BlackRifle

I was adventuring on dormond kaas. Sith homeworld and a player walked up to me and asked me if I wanted to do "named". Named? I asked him what that was. He walked over to this very large (lizard-like) creature with 11000 hps.

Uh, okay. We grouped, slayed the monster, and I didn't get anything. No exp, items or anything. I guess there is a party setting to horde the exp and items?

Not really familiar with the mobs...but I saw this named one on swtor-spy.

Was it this mob?

From my (limited) experience with grouping - he was probably referring to "named" quest - which is either a class quest or his story quest, for which you don't get exp if you doing it with a buddy. If the quest marker is purple on your map it means it's a specific quest for your buddy, you can still do it and see the story (as 'spectactor') but you won't get any exp and loot for finishing it.

From my (limited) experience with grouping - he was probably referring to "named" quest - which is either a class quest or his story quest, for which you don't get exp if you doing it with a buddy. If the quest marker is purple on your map it means it's a specific quest for your buddy, you can still do it and see the story (as 'spectactor') but you won't get any exp and loot for finishing it.

As far as i know you should still get the XP for killing a mob though.

This seems very wierd. U sure the mob was not "Gray" (as in gray healthbar instead of red) when you attacked/killed it?