Dark MK-1 project schematic with old Isotopes

Khaleg

This was silently removed with the old war supplies schematics in 5.8 and I find this annoying.

I've stockpiled a significant amount of the old isotopes and now they became worth- and useless without any prior warring?

That's a typical ignorant Bioware move and not acceptable imho.

Anyone else mad about this?

I'm annoyed as well, especially after all of the promises to include things like that in patch notes going forward. I was given the materials as rewards for various activities. I was saving them to make dark projects. I can no longer make dark projects with them, and the other things they can be used to craft are also essentially worthless, so the mat is now a waste of space.

Everything they silently remove is unacceptable and needs to be turned back ... unfortunately that will never happen. Bioware is so disconnected from their playerbase but don't wanna admit it. Players can and may not have fun in this game, cause if there is fun to be had, it has to be nerfed or removed!

This was silently removed with the old war supplies schematics in 5.8 and I find this annoying.

I've stockpiled a significant amount of the old isotopes and now they became worth- and useless without any prior warring?

That's a typical ignorant Bioware move and not acceptable imho.

Anyone else mad about this?

Yes. Especially since they just added a new use for Dark Projects -- the level 50 companion thing. Now that I have a reason to craft them, my mats aren't usable.

I would suggest you send a PM to Eric, as well as post a thread in the suggestion forum as follows:

Given the recent obsolescence of isotopes in Conquest crafting, could we please have a trade-in vendor put up in fleet for a temporary amount of time to trade them for actual useable materials? You did that for materials back when you revamped crafting tiers and materials back in 4.x... and it really helped players clear out useless materials inventory and replenish with useful materials. This seems particularly appropriate since you gave players no advance notice of materials changes and have left players holding useless materials.
Edited by Andryah

Yes, I am quite annoyed about this. I have commented on it in several different threads. Requests for BW to reverse this change or even openly acknowledge and explain why it happened remain unanswered.

Good luck with trying to get it reversed, it won't happen. Bioware will just stick their heads in the sand like they always do when it comes to changes. They don't listen or care about player feedback, regardless of what they say.

If you don't believe look at the slot machine fiasco.... the companion chaos fiasco this week... to name a few.

Learn that undeniable fact!

Edited by SebastiaanZ

You can still purchase old isotopes with blue prototype jawa scrap.

:confused:

Most of us know that. But we can no longer use Exotic Isotopes to craft Dark Projects. Only Refined Isotopes.

Edited by iFenris

• 2 months later...

Am also not pleased about this especially after having a stockpile of them on hand and being told by customer service (I was naive/hopeful enough to believe they'd change them for the refined ones) to essentially go 'pound sand'. It's doubtful Keith or Eric who was supposed to be fired from his posting will listen of course.

Here's a thought developers? How about doing something useful for a change like fixing all of the bugs you put in instead of mere garbage? How about making a refining station so one can actually ohh I don't know go and refine the isotopes?

Am also not pleased about this especially after having a stockpile of them on hand and being told by customer service (I was naive/hopeful enough to believe they'd change them for the refined ones) to essentially go 'pound sand'. It's doubtful Keith or Eric who was supposed to be fired from his posting will listen of course.

Here's a thought developers? How about doing something useful for a change like fixing all of the bugs you put in instead of mere garbage? How about making a refining station so one can actually ohh I don't know go and refine the isotopes?

Agree 100 %.

I don't understand the "t's doubtful Keith or Eric who was supposed to be fired from his posting" line though?!

Good luck with trying to get it reversed, it won't happen. Bioware will just stick their heads in the sand like they always do when it comes to changes. They don't listen or care about player feedback, regardless of what they say.

If you don't believe look at the slot machine fiasco.... the companion chaos fiasco this week... to name a few. Learn that undeniable fact!

I know that firsthand, they seem to be more concerned about their precious anthem game than fixing any of the issues here.

Agree 100 %.

I don't understand the "t's doubtful Keith or Eric who was supposed to be fired from his posting" line though?!

Khaleg? It is my understanding that neither Keith nor Eric the two lead developers or whatever care about customer service to even address issues other than ones having to do with the cartel market providing them money. And I think he (Eric) was supposed to have left the game for greener pastures after the rng debacle.

Edited by Nika_Alexandrov