Why no TfB and EC SM in group finder?

Look at WoW, their group finder for ALL RAIDS is more than popular. Why would it be different in SWTOR?
I would be for BioWare fixing SM EC (back to before Nerf) and putting everything on Group Finder, just don't put any of the operations on random. You would have to specify which operations you want to do and get that one only.

I would never use it except with a full group, but I have no problem with them doing it. I just like to enter a operation with a reasonable expectation that everyone in the group can handle the mechanics, understand their class, can follow the group leaders instructions and have a basic concept that the entire group is important . The social side is just as important as the story side. You want to see the story, I do not want to play with players that say nothing and then need everything when they are not pulling their weight being carried by the group. Don't take that wrong, I will take a friendly person that is trying through anything up to their level and level of gear when the rest of the group is viable enough to carry them, but unfriendly greedy people that thinks the group owes them, then I pass on carrying them.

You also have no concept of my guild or many of the guilds that we are aligned, we have many people that have real life commitments, just don't join a progression guild or a progression group within a casual guild. We do fun runs, comm runs and have even scheduled operations at very weird hours because one person wanted to see a instance but lived in a different country and had a very random work schedule.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BLook at WoW, their group finder for ALL RAIDS is more than popular. Why would it be different in SWTOR?

WoW ALSO has a gear check, you want raids on the GF, get Bioware to do a gear check instead of spending their time with a noob/dumb version. A gear check would be more than enough to put the normal EC SM/TFB SM on the group finder, then maybe KP/EV HM or even NiM too.

I would rather a GEAR CHECKER then a NOOB Version of the operations. That way, ALL the operations can get on the GF and you can enjoy them all (Even when the new stuff come out), or is that still not enough for you?

Because I dont't understand get all the gear you can, then just running something over and over and over without a thought of being able to do anything higher or harder.

So why not a gaer check? Why a noob version? Because once you start that, your going to have to do it for everything because people will whine about not being able to do HM/NiM because it isn't on the GF for them. (You say they wont, but they will, whiners are like that.)

WoW ALSO has a gear check, you want raids on the GF, get Bioware to do a gear check instead of spending their time with a noob/dumb version. A gear check would be more than enough to put the normal EC SM/TFB SM on the group finder, then maybe KP/EV HM or even NiM too.

I would rather a GEAR CHECKER then a NOOB Version of the operations. That way, ALL the operations can get on the GF and you can enjoy them all (Even when the new stuff come out), or is that still not enough for you?

Because I dont't understand get all the gear you can, then just running something over and over and over without a thought of being able to do anything higher or harder.

So why not a gaer check? Why a noob version? Because once you start that, your going to have to do it for everything because people will whine about not being able to do HM/NiM because it isn't on the GF for them. (You say they wont, but they will, whiners are like that.)

give up on it already, he obviously doesn't get it.

Ignorance is Bliss

We don't need a gear check. We need some sort of skill check.

I'd suggest using the Achievement: Epic Enemies to let people que for SM EC and SM TFB.

They could make it so the requirement for SM EC was one of the following: SM EC, SM TFB, NiM EV, NiM KP, HM EC, HM TFB, or NiM EC.

And for SM TFB it would just be SM TFB, NiM EV, NiM KP, HM EC, HM TFB, or NiM EC.

EDIT: Forgot Nightmare Pilgrim, or 3+ stack Dreadtooth, either of those should get you into SM TFB que.

cause its bad enough doing EV+ KP with people who dont have a clue.

This is my take on how an average GF EV run goes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdqYbQ73aOU

Don't get me wrong, I myself do wish there was more content in group finder and certain difficulties weren't exclusive to private groups or guilds however the problem I see particularly since F2P is not gear or even skill... but common sense.

Most pug runs go well. however you do get that one player who pulls half of belsavis or hutta then lays blame on the healers for their mess.

Don't get me wrong, I myself do wish there was more content in group finder and certain difficulties weren't exclusive to private groups or guilds however the problem I see particularly since F2P is not gear or even skill... but common sense.

Most pug runs go well. however you do get that one player who pulls half of belsavis or hutta then lays blame on the healers for their mess.

Oh God, the horror...do you have to bring back suppressed memories...

This.

Oh God, the horror...do you have to bring back suppressed memories...

Fact is it's still a living nightmare for some, the last few times I've had a group fall apart it's always been either on the pylons in EV as exactly described in the youtube clip or just after fabricator in KP where people spawn off the speeder and run into the room with mobs like lemmings going off a cliff "AFTER" just wiping on that part "AFTER" being warned not to go into the next room.

It's mistakes like this that make mice look intelligent, I do believe there needs to be some sort of basic situational awareness test before people are allowed to step into any ops. Maybe like some mini training op that teaches people things like lava is bad or un-CC'ed healing mobs are bad or maybe even some puzzle solving without having the group to forfeit weekly comms or lockouts from an op when things go pear-shaped halfway through because someone is failing to learn or even failing to recognise the mechanics the op is throwing at them.

If there was something like this that sieved the more situational aware people from the ones who clearly weren't ready for the content tactically then there would be no problem in having the harder content in group finder.

The last time I queued solo I got into a group that had a whopping SIX guys in full Campaign-gear(it was a while ago so purchasable Campaign-armorings didn't exist back then) and we wiped about FIVE times at the pylons because we were not fast enough. Don't ask me how this group managed it, it was horrible...

There are quests for vehicles that require you to kill several times particular bosses. It does not seem to be rocket science to apply same mechanics to GF OPS, e.g.: clear 6x EV / KP, unlock to queue to EC, clear EC 3x to unlock TFB.

Does anyone remember this ancient raid attunement? Might have been too much but you got good training in process and could expect certain quality from others too.

To whom ever said it should be in GF and you would have to clear it first in order to q for it. No, just simple no. You know how many people I have carried through there already. Not to mention all the other group running that are carrying people. Most of the story modes can be completed if not all with 4 people. That being said how many groups have carried 3-4 people at a time through there. I know i have on more than once.

You can carry 2-3 people in HM EC never mind and SM raids. Since this game came out my guild has been carrying 1 member the entire time(the lone female) and has cleared all content besides NiM kephess. One of the last times we did a HM EC we brought a new member of the guild with us(where they found him i don't know). One shot the first two bosses. Get to the puzzle and we can't figure out for the life of us why the droids are hitting enrage. Got it after the second try, but were still enraging. Get to kephess and while our GM is explaining to him what needs to be done a guildie standing next me whispers me "****, look at his gear!!!". I inspect, he is a merc dps, he's wearing 2 juggy tanking implants, strength armoring's in his belt and bracers, and a healing proc relic(the sin tanking one). So after a good laugh i look again, ask the other merc in group "you notice what spec this guy's running", she answers back "look's like Arsenal to me, we got the same abilities going off at the same time just about". I then had to get up and walk away because the guy is in Combustible Gas Cylinder. BTW we had him switch to armor piercing and 1 shot kephess and our healer was wearing 51/56 the entire time and we pulled while 1 of our 2 mara's had no pants or boots on.

Moral of that wall of text, get in the right group and you can clear anything reguardless of skill. Even having a gear check in this game wouldn't work because you can buy all the gear. Until they make it where raid level gear can only be obtained from raiding those two operations even on SM should not be in GF. TBH these people are most likely looking for more BH comm's so they can go ruin someones day in a HM tfb or HM ec by joining a group, having the proper gear, but not having a gosh darn clue about a rotation or any mechanics.

• 2 months later...

From what I have seen in TfB SM through gf, it's a truly nightmare. Each run ended in fail and multiple wipes because dps either don't have power to meet enrage timer or can't handle the mechanics i.e bringing down the orbs in Terror or finding the right datacore in operator, even though there is only a few to be handled.

You explain tactics to them, they ignore what's been said and wipe your group. You kick them just to end up finding another person equally clueless. The most horrible part is that they ask about the mechanics only after they have caused at least one wipe - even when you had asked previously whether they know what they are doing.

From what I have seen in TfB SM through gf, it's a truly nightmare. Each run ended in fail and multiple wipes because dps either don't have power to meet enrage timer or can't handle the mechanics i.e bringing down the orbs in Terror or finding the right datacore in operator, even though there is only a few to be handled.

You explain tactics to them, they ignore what's been said and wipe your group. You kick them just to end up finding another person equally clueless. The most horrible part is that they ask about the mechanics only after they have caused at least one wipe - even when you had asked previously whether they know what they are doing.

Well, they got what they asked for... now watch as they beg for it to be nerfed:rolleyes:

Tbh I'm happy that we got these to gf. I'm in a really small guild that doesn't care about endgame, and even if they did, we could maybe do one kp or ev sm and would wipe there a few times, since people mostly are only into leveling, so they don't have any endgame gear or experience. But me, I couldn't care less about ops before I actually got myself into a xenoanalyst hm. My character was in wh/ewh and probably only got in because I had been doing the other wbs with the guy who was assembling the group. I humbly told him that I was in pvp gear but I was willing to help if they would take me and I got in. So, I got in, we wiped a couple of times (not because of me, or at least not only because of me) and got it done. And it was fun. So much fun.

I felt like trying other operations after my good experience with xeno, and I have to say I was disappointed, especially with KP. It was just so...boring. Nuke them down, interrupt and nuke them down or kill the adds and nuke them down seemed to be basic strategy. EV was a lot better, but after my couple of first times in there, it didn't feel like enough. I actually asked a few people recruiting for EC or TfB if I could take me too, but they always said no when they heard I was on pvp gear. So I never got to do those.

Yesterday, I actually cleared EC for the first time. Toth and Zorn? Pretty basic boss imo. Tanks? As long as I don't have to kite anything, at least Firebrand was pretty basic, though I did enjoy the moving. The Colonel? Pretty nice puzzle, but not something too interesting.

And then Kephess. And once again, I was feeling I'm having a blast, the same way I did when I was doing xeno hm for my first time. Multiple mechanics to think about but not so many that I couldn't keep a track on them. If all the operations would be like that, I could actually do some endgame pve stuff, not just occasional ops.

Though, I guess it won't stay forever like this. I'll probably run EC 4-6 times and Kephess will start feeling easy again. But at least I can enjoy as long as I can.

They asked for it ;)