Blaster Pistol's different stats after crafted then tool tip shows.

JoshRoman

So I am not sure if anyone has noticed this but if you go to your armstech and craft some custom blasters you will see that they show 58 Tech power and damage range is 25-47. Once you craft then they drop to 51 tech power and the damage range drops down to 22-42. I am guessing the other custom weapons are the same. It isn't a huge deal but for a minute I thought somehow that armstech was useful again as it would make the custom weapons base damage higher than the Token weapons base damage.

And if it is fixed, the fix would "likely" be to correct the display text on schematic, since that is the bug. Custom weapons have no inherent rating or tech power, it all comes from the installed crystal, barrel/hilt, mod, and enhancement. By default, most custom weapons come with just an item roll level 8 crystal, which gives you the +51 tech power you observed. This is equivalent to a character level 1-2 weapon. Assuming you ever upgrade to a better crystal (which would be anything you can ever find, craft, or buy), the new crystal's value would "overwrite" the default value anyway.

FYI, I posted a bit more analysis on this issue in the middle of another thread -- here's the specific post, there were a few follow-up clarifications as well. http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=7524376&postcount=63

Edited by eartharioch

Well according to official word gear is getting some work done with 3.0, just might get fixed

The gear isn't broken, the text on the schematic item is incorrect. Fixing typos isn't likely to be very high on their priority (unfortunately, is true of many companies).

The changes to gear are going to necessitate changes to the text.

If it's wrong now and hasn't been fixed in 3 years, why do you think they will suddenly fix it for 3.0? Nothing they have discussed has pointed to changes to custom weapon shells, crystals, or tradeable schematics.

Edited by eartharioch

The changes to gear are going to necessitate changes to the text.
If it's wrong now and hasn't been fixed in 3 years, why do you think they will suddenly fix it for 3.0? Nothing they have discussed has pointed to changes to custom weapon shells, crystals, or tradeable schematics.

This. Going forward the devs might pay more attention, but it is highly unlikely they will go back and fix this insignificant typo

• 2 weeks later...

:rak_02:

Ok, I though I was clearer than that.

3.0 or shortly after there are suppose to be changes to gear.

All gear, not just new gear

Every piece of gear currently in the game

THAT INCLUDES THE BLASTER PISTOL

So with the stats changing for EVERYTHING then EVERYTHING is going to get its text updated, INCLUDING that blaster pistol

While they are changing the text for EVERY PIECE OF GEAR in the game I really doubt they are going to go "Hey Chuck, what do you want to do with this plaster pistol that has had the wrong text for a while?" "Eh screw it, it's been wrong this long let's leave it alone"