Earpiece for leveling sniper [Cybertech]

Econometrix

I am looking to craft an earpiece for my level 45 sniper. The options available for crafting include

Neural intensification device: 42 cunning, 26 crit, 20 accuracy

or

Cyber-stim relay: 50 cunning, 23 power, 18 alacrity

My understanding is that alacrity does little for sniper. I am currently specced engineering.

I have already reverse engineered the +28 crit version of the cyber-stim relay. Should I stick with this or roll the dice for the overkill version of the NI device?

For dps, accuracy >> alacrity.

Though you're 45, which means that as long as it has the correct mainstat, it's good enough for leveling.

Craft what you have and keep playing.

Now, if you wanna keep RE'ing and then make some profit, the overkill version of the NI one will be quite nice. I have sold green earpieces for over 20k these last couple of weeks :D

Only true until you reach 100% ranged / melee accuracy. After that, alacrity is still worse than power, surge and even crit, but better than any more accuracy.

No need to nitpicking...:rolleyes:

First, he's leveling, so not even remotely close to reach any cap on any secondary stats. Second, the choices he presented to craft some earpieces are between accuracy and alacrity....

If you are getting the 12x xp boost, doesn't matter go with a green because you wont have it long.

However just knowing you are a sniper doesn't tell me much.

What tree are you using? What companion do you normally have out? Have you stacked alacrity from any other sources?

No need to nitpicking...:rolleyes:

First, he's leveling, so not even remotely close to reach any cap on any secondary stats. Second, the choices he presented to craft some earpieces are between accuracy and alacrity....

Not quite sure what you call nitpicking in a post giving information on the exact question OP asked.

Power is rather close to main stat in "raw oomph" as opposed to crit.

Short answer: doesn't matter for leveling.

Long answer: go with the crit + power + alacrity one.

This. If OP already has enough accuracy.