Augmentation Kit MK-9 and other crafting ideas

jayperringo

I am a "power seller" of Augmentation Kit MK-9s - I farm turadium, mythra and tricopper flux accross multiple characters and build QT-10 Parts so I can RE for the Augmentation Slot Component MK-9.

I make some decent credits this way but I am looking for some new ideas.

Is there anything else than I can craft to get the Augmentation Slot Component MK-9 which is as cheap as QT-10 Parts?

Or is there anything else worth making which is so regularly high cost and keeps it's value so well as the Augmentation Kit MK-9??

On my server, you'd make more money selling the mats than crafting the kits at this moment. So the price isn't always high, though that may differ from one server to another. Though there is nothing cheaper to craft than the droid parts to get there. Edited by Dragondog

I am a "power seller" of Augmentation Kit MK-9s - I farm turadium, mythra and tricopper flux accross multiple characters and build QT-10 Parts so I can RE for the Augmentation Slot Component MK-9.

I make some decent credits this way but I am looking for some new ideas.

Is there anything else than I can craft to get the Augmentation Slot Component MK-9 which is as cheap as QT-10 Parts?

Or is there anything else worth making which is so regularly high cost and keeps it's value so well as the Augmentation Kit MK-9??

the QT-09 and QT-10 parts are the most efficient/best way to get components.

As to your other question cybertech item modifications, especially for the next month with 12x XP.

On my server, you'd make more money selling the mats than crafting the kits at this moment. So the price isn't always high, though that may differ from one server to another. Though there is nothing cheaper to craft than the droid parts to get there.

You are generally correct with that with the exception that you can crit 20% of the augment kits and get double!

Edited by jayperringo

Taking the 20% crit chance into account, one mk-9 kit is 1000 credits more expensive than 10 slot components on my server. Taking the other mats into account, you can get 4000 credits more by selling the mats needed to make one mk-9 than you can get from selling 1.2 mk-9s. So mats are more expensive at the GTN even then.

And if you sell the mats for the slot components instead of making them, you make another 4000 credits more than if you sold 10 of them.

Edited by Dragondog

Taking the 20% crit chance into account, one mk-9 kit is 1000 credits more expensive than 10 slot components on my server. Taking the other mats into account, you can get 4000 credits more by selling the mats needed to make one mk-9 than you can get from selling 1.2 mk-9s. So mats are more expensive at the GTN even then.

And if you sell the mats for the slot components instead of making them, you make another 4000 credits more than if you sold 10 of them.

Did you take into account that you get some mats back when REing the parts? For QT-10 parts you always get 1x Mythra back and in about 30% (estimated) 1x Turadium and in about 10% (estimated) 1x Tricopper Flux.

Did you take into account that you get some mats back when REing the parts? For QT-10 parts you always get 1x Mythra back and in about 30% (estimated) 1x Turadium and in about 10% (estimated) 1x Tricopper Flux.

No, I did not. For the comparison of selling mk-9s vs. slot components, doing so is irrelevant. Comparing those with selling the mats without any crafting, would still have rendered mats more expensive. At those prices.

Today, though, slots are more expensive at GTN than mats. That's how the market works.

I did some extensive calculations and found that based on prices on the Red Eclipse that you will make approximately an extra 30% by crafting augmentation slot components from the base mythra and turadium, rather than selling the mats. That includes the extra 1 mythra and 45%ish chance of receiving one turadium back per RE.

Depending on the prices of the mats at the time, you can either lose money by creating the kit9s or make an extra 10%, it really depends on when you sell the mats. The clear winner was being patient and selling all the mats off at a good price instead of creating kit 9s.

So,..... create the slot components but don't create the kits. Problem is... it will always depend on server prices so at some points, it may be more lucrative to make the kits!

(basically what Dragondog said in the first place :p)

Can show my working if someone is interested ;)

Edited by jayperringo

Hold off on crafting to much more. From what I understand from official sources gear is getting tweeked in 3.0. Also a lot of people are holding off on buying good stuff till 3.0 launches so you may not see much of a return on anything you make and put up on the GTN.

Instead try focusing on crafting green mods/gear, start at level 14 or maybe a little bit higher, then make stuff roughly every 10 levels after that. A lot of it is selling for 5-10 times what it would normally go for, if not more, due to the fact that so many people preordered the next expansion and have an active sub so they are leveling like mad.w