Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

I still want Mako and Kira the most. I won't resort to begging, BioWare, but I will resort to bribery in the form of gingerbread chocolate chip cookies. :D

Kira with the Irish Redhead customization you can get on Balmorra.... mmmmmmmmm

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still want Mako and Kira the most. I won't resort to begging, BioWare, but I will resort to bribery in the form of gingerbread chocolate chip cookies. :D

Gingerbread... chocolate chip... cookies... *does a double take*

GINGERBREAD CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Oh my word! I must has some!!!!!!!!

Bioware cannot resist such treats! Surely?!

*wonders where to get such things in Australia* *wanders off to find a recipe*

Edited by Zandilar

Kira with the Irish Redhead customization you can get on Balmorra.... mmmmmmmmm
I haven't seen that yet, could you post a pic please?

I think this is the one:

http://www.torhead.com/item/1ffTPuz/kira-carsen-customization-6

As much as I like redheads, I don't really like this one, mostly because she has that huge scar on her chin. :confused:

Here's something I just thought of: if it happens that you can romance the same companion with either gender, would you use one of the companion customizations for one or both of your characters? For example, my male Trooper uses the customization for Elara that gives her slicked-back black hair and slightly darker skin. If Elara becomes a SGR option, my female Trooper will likely not use a customization, because it would feel really weird to have two characters romancing the same companion who looks exactly the same.

...especially since they're listed as "rivals" in my legacy. :eek:

I think this is the one:

As much as I like redheads, I don't really like this one, mostly because she has that huge scar on her chin. :confused:

Here's something I just thought of: if it happens that you can romance the same companion with either gender, would you use one of the companion customizations for one or both of your characters? For example, my male Trooper uses the customization for Elara that gives her slicked-back black hair and slightly darker skin. If Elara becomes a SGR option, my female Trooper will likely not use a customization, because it would feel really weird to have two characters romancing the same companion who looks exactly the same.

That is indeed the one, and even though she has the Indiana Jones scar, she still looks about as hot as pixels can look. :D

In terms of opening up existing companions for SGRAs, I can easily see a few characters where it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to have them as bisexual (with some reworking), namely:

Consular - Tharan, Nadia

Knight - Kira, Doc

Smuggler - Corso, Risha

Trooper - Aric, Elara

Inquisitor - Ashara, Talos

Warrior - Vette (at a push), Malavai, Jaesa (both light and dark)

Agent - Kaliyo, Vector, Raina

BH - Mako, Torian

Personally I'd like to see as many SGR options as possible to really keep things interesting and vibrant, but I'm hopeful that the Bioware devs are taking a while on this to make sure it's done right.

I'm really hoping that the devs don't go the way of creating new companions just for this, as a lot of players have their eye on existing companions. Were this a single player game, you just know that mods would already have been implemented to allow this ^_^

Lmao, I always wished my male Jedi Knight could hit on Doc especially since some of their conversations to begin with are pretty Sherlock/Watson gay tension-y.

I think this is the one:

Thanks for the pic:), and I agree it would feel weird, especially if the other character was your spouse:confused:.

And thanks to Captain_Zone for bringing the Kira thing up:)

Edited by Ordosaa
Better wording

**delurks**

Greetings guys and gals! For the newer posters, welcome to the thread! It's been a great and fasincating read recently. I've been playing the game to meet more companions, and experience more stories. I have finally met Lord Scrouge on my Jedi and I actually found myself sad that a dps version of him wasn't available for SWs. :(

I'm sure many of the posters have read about the quarterly report from EA. I found this little detail talking about Legacy and Allies as both coming out Q1 of this year. Legacy was 1.2, so I wonder what Allies is? Could it be the story patch we've been waiting for? I hope so; any thoughts? :tran_cool:

I'm sure many of the posters have read about the quarterly report from EA. I found this little detail talking about Legacy and Allies as both coming out Q1 of this year. Legacy was 1.2, so I wonder what Allies is? Could it be the story patch we've been waiting for? I hope so; any thoughts? :tran_cool:

There's been some speculation that with a name like "Allies", something companion-related is in the works... Personally, though, I'm afraid that fiscal Q1 -- April-June -- is too soon for the SGRA content, if it was still with the writers at the beginning of March. (Not to mention, if it were slated by midsummer, I think Daniel Erickson might have said something more like "soon" and not "this year". >_>; But that's pretty fuzzy logic ;) )

If this DOES bring the SGRA changes in, of course, I'll be thrilled. ;D I just suspect it's a bit too soon, especially since 1.3 is slated to be "lighter" in content than 1.2, which was an enormous patch. (1.4 perhaps?! ;D)

There's been some speculation that with a name like "Allies", something companion-related is in the works...

I take it as a patch that will add in Group Finding and Cross-Server PVP (i.e., make it easier to find 'allies' to play through some content).

I'd guess the story patch would be the 1.4 one.

I take it as a patch that will add in Group Finding and Cross-Server PVP (i.e., make it easier to find 'allies' to play through some content).

Agreed, particularly given the devs have confirmed that the group finder is in 1.3. Hopefully 1.4 is the one though!

Thanks for the pic:), and I agree it would feel weird, especially if the other character was your spouse:confused:.

And thanks to Captain_Zone for bringing the Kira thing up:)

Anytime. I love Kira's TNS attitude and her love of playing "Who's The Better Killer?" with her "I'm about to break your record, boss!" combat shout-out. :D

Yes, I would love to reroll my Knight and name him Riddick. :p

If this DOES bring the SGRA changes in, of course, I'll be thrilled. ;D I just suspect it's a bit too soon, especially since 1.3 is slated to be "lighter" in content than 1.2, which was an enormous patch. (1.4 perhaps?! ;D)

Agreed, particularly given the devs have confirmed that the group finder is in 1.3. Hopefully 1.4 is the one though!

Agreed with all of you. The devs have said that 1.3 will be a smaller patch, I think it's just for additional Legacy stuff, the group finder, and cross-server PVP, hence the "Allies" title. While "Allies" would work as a story expansion title, it'll work better for that sort of thing.

I've long been hoping that patch 1.4 would be the story patch, but it's just a guess, one of those weird thoughts I get with no apparent reason. But I'm occasionally right. :p If 1.4 is the story update, I'm guessing it could arrive in July at the earliest. Though if it drops on the first week in August, I'll consider it a birthday present.

C'mon, BioWare. I've received your games several times as Christmas presents, but never for my birthday... :D

(bops around listening to a Nine Inch Nails remix of Enigma "Sadness")

Mused: I hope it comes around your birthday and not mine(3rd week of September.) My husband's guess was between mid-July to early August. So I'll keep my fingers crossed that you are both correct. Although earlier would be nice too.

Thanks for the great replies! The info about Allies makes complete sense. Ah, it was a long shot that it was the story patch anyhow, but I had to ask. :p

**interest piqued** Off topic-- Did some digging on the new Group Finder tool. I'm glad that it's coming and for now, I'm glad it's same server only. :D

I have an idea when the story patch that includes SGRs finally drops. We should start a petition or something like that to see how many of the posters of this thread want to go to the PTR and help test the patch en masse. It'll hopefully happen at some point during the next incarnation of the thread. Several posters have expressed desires to do beta test that patch and I'm sure there is more out there. :tran_cool:

Edited by natashina

I've long been hoping that patch 1.4 would be the story patch, but it's just a guess, one of those weird thoughts I get with no apparent reason. But I'm occasionally right. :p If 1.4 is the story update, I'm guessing it could arrive in July at the earliest. Though if it drops on the first week in August, I'll consider it a birthday present.

I don't think it will be that soon for some reason.

I took 'this year' to mean December (i.e., the last minute)

:rak_05:

I like rakghoul smilies for some reason.

Edited by stuffystuffs

That was my thought as well. We might see it near the end of summer, though it could likely slip to autumn/winter.

Edited by llesna

Using deductive reasoning here, if 1.4 introduces Chapter 4, then I would think that would be when SGRs are introduced. Will probably also introduce a level cap increase to 55 or possibly 60. At least, those are my slightly edumacated guesses. :p

Using deductive reasoning here, if 1.4 introduces Chapter 4, then I would think that would be when SGRs are introduced. Will probably also introduce a level cap increase to 55 or possibly 60. At least, those are my slightly edumacated guesses. :p

Well, according to a brief mention on the new official podcast, patch 1.4 is another huge patch, albeit one they're not talking about yet. So I think there's a decent chance it could be the story patch. Only time will tell, but since 1.3 is supposed to be a smaller patch, hopefully it'll be out soon so we can start hearing about 1.4.

I have an idea when the story patch that includes SGRs finally drops. We should start a petition or something like that to see how many of the posters of this thread want to go to the PTR and help test the patch en masse. It'll hopefully happen at some point during the next incarnation of the thread. Several posters have expressed desires to do beta test that patch and I'm sure there is more out there. :tran_cool:

I don't know if a petition or anything will be necessary - all we really need to do is post our PTR characters' names here in the thread. It would be pretty cool to see y'all in game, since I'm sure we're spread across too many servers for it to happen normally. :D And I want to play on the PTR anyway to get the titles for my JK.

...totally not going to play a female JK who looks like my current female JK if Kira becomes SGR-capable, though... that would feel like cheating. :eek:

Petition was the wrong word. :o I was thinking more like a roll call than an actual petition to Bioware. I had a poor choice of words there. I'm interested to see how many posters want to go, and their goals for the PTS.

Getting back to our usual thread goodness...

I've been working more on my male gunslinger. After playing him some(he's lvl 19), I can understand the frustration and bit of disgust I've seen from some posters about the smuggler storyline. It is extremely hetero-normative, and almost aggravatingly so. I personally don't mind too much, but I can now see why some posters are really unhappy about it. It does make me wonder how Bioware is going to work that into SGRs. :tran_cool:

**goes back to lurking with a giant POOF**

Edited by natashina

I would like to see an NPC as a same sex option from the class story line.

For example playing my female agent it would be nice to see her be able to be with kaliyo, but I want to be able to have it with Watcher 2. She seems like Bioware and EA tried to make her another Romance option but stopped for unknown reasons.

Let me know what you all think and name one you would like to see implemented when the Same sex options come available

Edited by Morridian

For example playing my female agent it would be nice to see her be able to be with kaliyo, but I want to be able to have it with Watcher 2. She seems like Bioware and EA tried to make her another Romance option but stopped for unknown reasons.

I would really really like her as an option too...but on the other hand, I expect this patch will just be for companions.

Basically, I'm keeping my hopes pretty low for this :D

I would like to see an NPC as a same sex option from the class story line.

Let me know what you all think and name one you would like to see implemented when the Same sex options come available

If the Imperial Agent is the Star Wars version of James Bond, then Watcher 2 is Moneypenny. He never got with her. She's just there for some suggestive flirting. ;)

If the Imperial Agent is the Star Wars version of James Bond, then Watcher 2 is Moneypenny. He never got with her. She's just there for some suggestive flirting. ;)

But we are talking about Jane Bond and not James here, so that doesn't count :p

But we are talking about Jane Bond and not James here, so that doesn't count :p

It's the same basic thing, regardless of gender. Watcher 2 is Moneypenny. She's the girl at work that you flirt with, but that's it. You know better than to get your money and your honey in the same place. At least, that's Bond's take on it. ;)