A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

Daemonson

27 days left to play the only part of SWTOR that I enjoyed. The General Forums Mini-game. So since I payed for it. Imma gonna use it. :p

So, you're going to spam your apocalyptic hyperbole in an attempt to upset other people. Great. I guess you weren't nearly as mature as I thought you were. Take note, game companies, if you don't pander to Urael he'll troll your forums.

(eyeroll)

Whatever. I hope you spend the next 27 days finding some way to feel good about yourself. I pity anyone who can't find anything more enjoyable to do, or who gains satisfaction in hurting a community of players simply because they play a game that is made by a company that committed the heinous crime of having different ideas than you.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, you're going to spam your apocalyptic hyperbole in an attempt to upset other people. Great. I guess you weren't nearly as mature as I thought you were. Take note, game companies, if you don't pander to Urael he'll troll your forums.

(eyeroll)

Whatever. I hope you spend the next 27 days finding some way to feel good about yourself. I pity anyone who can't find anything more enjoyable to do, or who gains satisfaction in hurting a community of players simply because they play a game that is made by a company that committed the heinous crime of having different ideas than you.

"Chuckle" Actually Urael is a pretty smart guy with a good sense for what makes an MMO fun not just for his own playstyle but others too. Pretty sure he won't need much help to "feel good about himself".

As I posted earlier, it's sad the game's losing him, even though he and I didn't always agree on stuff.

Whatever. I hope you spend the next 27 days finding some way to feel good about yourself.

I have. I just leveled my 8th level 85 toon in WoW and am about to have a second at level 90. I leveled up my fishing on my main to 600 doing the Angler's Dailes ( fun stuff and funny too .. boom goes da fishies ). Finaly hit 600 on letherworking, Tayloring and Engineering. Making money hand over fist. In FOUR great guilds on FOUR great servers ( many of these are former SWTOR players that went back to WoW). So yeah. I have plenty to do for the next 27 days and beyond while waiting for a decent NON-FANTASY MMORPG to appear (The Repopulation) or reappear (SWGEMU in production). ;)

Edited by Urael

At this point, I couldn't give a rats hiney whether this was a bug fix or a mistake made in the code. I don't like it. I will not play this game until these costs are reduced. If I find I am waiting overly long for a solution, then I'll cancel as fast as I re-subbed.

My guild consists of CoH refugees and we're small in number, having been lured back to this game from elseMMOG (TSW, et al). Therefore, we cannot afford these outrageous credit and time sinks.

Fix it and by that I mean set REASONABLE repair costs. If you guys feel that the costs were too low, fine...up them to a logical level. What you have allowed to go forward is unreasonable and illogical. As an aside, I have to echo what many others are saying: really? with all the bugs you need to fix, you choose THIS one? Bad move.

Fix it or face another cancelled account.

Cal

Since the other thread got closed and linked to this one, I'll repost:

With such stupid skyhigh repair costs, some of us fully geared players are less willing to help new people learn raids. And oh god, I am never pugging again. Spending days worth of dalies on teaching people who sometimes just don't end up getting it is not worth it. :/

By the way, I'm one of those "hardcore" players who has lots of creds, but I'm just not willing to toss creds away on something I think is outrageous. So this is not about the "rich and the poor", it's about the costs simply being way too high. At least in my opinion.

Edited by Radzkie

I'll say this. I'm in full DG gear with full augments. pre-patch it was 7k for a wipe. Now it's 10k. I do think that is a bit much. 7k felt right.

How about that?

Well whether repair costs in general are too high or should exist is another matter up for discussion. I don't personally have any particular favor towards them existing in the first place. If they do exist, I expect them to be uniform in application(which they weren't and which the patch was supposed to have fixed, your price for repair now seems to match the standard for DG out of box light armor repairs).

I am rather numbed to the cost from credit sinks in this game though. IIRC it used to be over 10k for a death in rakata gear, so just about anything feels cheap to me. Skill training(and ignoring non essential skills to boot) used to bankrupt a character while leveling. Now I hit 50 with an extra million credits. I find credit sinks annoying, and would much rather see them removed entirely, excepting the GTN fee, which should eventually allow the economy to reach a permanent credit velocity equilibrium(as its percentage based).

*EDIT

I still maintain that people who are claiming repairs out of line with out of box equivalent repair costs should be trying to narrow down the cause rather than simply demand returning the repair costs to the original non-uniform costs.

Edited by Vandicus

Investigating? GTN farmers were making too many credits purchasing Cartel Packs and selling it contents at inflated prices. In your unholy fear of inflation you 'corrected' the market by raising repair costs, sort of like a release valve. When anger is sufficient and the head-less chicken you consult for your economy give the right signs, you'll lower back down for a few months and repeat.

It isn't a great mystery Clouseau.

Huh? (Facepalm) Pack sales on the GTN don't create credits in the game, they only transfer them from one person to another.

Well we can put A million game credits on it that you won't. When you loose. Please pay it to TUXs, DScount, DarthTHC and others. Ta. :p

I won't take that bet because it would be unfair to you, and here's why:

Logically, even if I accepted that wager, how would you ever prove me wrong? I put no ending date on "forward". I simply predicted that we would see at least one post from you after your 27 days of paid for sub time run out, specifically "Mar 15 and forward". At best, it could be argued that you have not posted yet, and therefore it could be argued that you have not resubbed yet. If you ever did resub and post on these forums, then I would win and be a million credits richer. Not really a fair bet for you, IMO.

It's about a 30% increase right?

So for the people who do progression and NEW players that's a problem. For anyone who's just leveling their first character their going to suffer. With the new repair costs you're going to be pretty poor until you hit 50.

If people want to say that raiders don't matter then think of the new players.

Edited by AshlaBoga

Huh? (Facepalm) Pack sales on the GTN don't create credits in the game, they only transfer them from one person to another.

Additionally the GTN fee actually reduces the total amount of credits in circulation. If anything, The CM and transactions resulting from it have dramatically lowered the amount of total credits in existence. I might comment however, that given the system of keeping all cash on hand, standard economic beliefs don't necessarily apply and that its the total amount of credits used per day that matters, not the total amount available to the population.

I still maintain that people who are claiming repairs out of line with out of box equivalent repair costs should be trying to narrow down the cause rather than simply demand returning the repair costs to the original non-uniform costs.

Eh, maybe eventually. First, revert the code so those of us who got bent over can get unbent. Then take a good look at the math and implement something with planning and design and forethought and testing.

Overnight, my playstyle went from helping people in group finder flashpoints multiple times per day on multiple toons of multiple levels to not logging in. A lot of others changed in the same way, too. Many cancelled and/or threatened to do so.

The game is way more broken now than it was before the "fix", so revert the fix and then put the effort in to fix it correctly.

Edited by DarthTHC

I think he means per account, the credits given to.

Doesn't raise credits as you say, but they effectively made it legal to buy credits with real money.

It's about a 30% increase right?

So for the people who do progression and NEW players that's a problem. For anyone who's just leveling their first character their going to suffer. With the new repair costs you're going to be pretty poor until you hit 50.

If people want to say that raiders don't matter then think of the new players.

Its only a 30% increase on people wearing oranges who were previously not paying appropriate repair costs for enhancements in those oranges. I can confirm that lowbie repair prices seem to be as insignificant as they've been since 1.2. To make this absolutely clear, repair prices on greens, blues, and purples, should not and do not appear to have gone up.

Its only a 30% increase on people wearing oranges who were previously not paying appropriate repair costs for enhancements in those oranges. I can confirm that lowbie repair prices seem to be as insignificant as they've been since 1.2. To make this absolutely clear, repair prices on greens, blues, and purples, should not and do not appear to have gone up.

Incorrect. Level 29 in all oranges with all level appropriate mods. One death about 1/3 into a flash point (as a tank) got an 8,800 credit repair bill. That's WAY outta whack with anything a level 29 could reasonably be expected to afford once, let alone multiple times.

Eh, maybe eventually. First, revert the code so those of us who got bent over can get unbent. Then take a good look at the math and implement something with planning and design and forethought and testing.

Overnight, my playstyle went from helping people in group finder flashpoints multiple times per day on multiple toons of multiple levels to not logging in. A lot of others changed in the same way, too. Many cancelled and/or threatened to do so.

The game is way more broken now than it was before the "fix", so revert the fix and then put the effort in to fix it correctly.

This...so much this..

I have been running gf with newer people lately, and I don't mind after all you have to learn somewhere . But with the new repair cost, now it's kinda harsh to be that "teacher". So who suffers?? The newer people. Not really fair.How many here posting in EA's defense..knew that the repair bill was bugged?? I never heard of it until they decided to "fix" it. I fear that they are planning to release a cartel item for repairs or something along the lines.

What was that one quote ?? Something about buying bullets in a middle of a match when you run out??

LOL. You're funny, dude. You're chastising a player for criticizing things and call that "hurting the community" while it's what you do. He has a valid point and needs to be heard. Not sure the same pertains to you.

Edited by Lent_San

I won't take that bet because it would be unfair to you, and here's why:

Logically, even if I accepted that wager, how would you ever prove me wrong? I put no ending date on "forward". I simply predicted that we would see at least one post from you after your 27 days of paid for sub time run out, specifically "Mar 15 and forward". At best, it could be argued that you have not posted yet, and therefore it could be argued that you have not resubbed yet. If you ever did resub and post on these forums, then I would win and be a million credits richer. Not really a fair bet for you, IMO.

No. When I am fed up with a MMORPG I quit. Stop paying a sub. If I am bored with an MMORPG I "quit playing" for a while and "pay the sub". I Rolled my WoW sub since 2004 even when I didn't play. I did the same for SWG (during the NGE years, I unsubbed for the CU years (thats how much I hated the CU)). I payed for CoH/V until all my CoH/V friends moved on. When I Stop paying for a sub the game is rubbish. The only time I went back to a game was the switch from CU to NGE in SWG, this pretty much made it a different game ( WoW in space (sounds familiar) ).

The most fun in PvP I ever had was in SWG. Did the game mechanics suck? You bet they did. But, they were still fun. It was fun raiding player made cities. I was fun "switching factions" and going rogue or being a double agent. I was fun because it was player "story driven" PvP. That game even had mechanics set up to have a special set of PvP rules in place for certain guilds to be KoS to others and only those that agreed to be in the same "circle". We simulated more than 4 factions that way.

The most fun I had in PvE in a game was RP on Darkmoon in the Early Days of EQ when we where writing fan fiction to support all of our guilds with a Website to boot and playing out the results IN GAME to influence the stories. We RP'd the heck out of Raiding! We took "lowbies" along to high level raids ( remember open dungeons in those days ) so they could "watch and learn".

I feel like Roy Batty now ... :p

Edited by Urael

$15 a month and all the potential expansions and add ons is lost future revenue for EA. You have always been a tool btw. :cool:

Are you really going to quit? Can you please not go back on that?

Maybe you'll stop being an obsessive forum troll and at least spend effort in something your enjoy.

It's been said before, your average (male) SWTOR player in his mid 30s with job and kids does not have the time to play in the conditions the increased repair costs dictate. While I can burn money on the cartel market like crazy and afford to pay plenty of real cash, I simply can't afford to play more than I'm playing now. If there's no mechanism for the majority of your player base to stay financially afloat with in game cash they're going to walk away. If my sub hadn't just ticked over I would have walked away already. I'm crossing my finger that a fix is in the pipeline, but quite frankly I'm getting more and more pessimistic about the game.

SWTOR can be an excellent mix between a serious MMO and an enjoyable past time for casual players. The increased repair cost have only tilted it in a way excluding anyone who is not willing or capable to spend twice the time on dailies they'd spend in progression runs.

And the formula that calculates repair cost is definitely out of whack. Below the repair costs for 1 death for

1 x Shadow tank, full black hole , with Cartel Chest, but BH shells otherwise: 9106 credites

1 x Sage DPS, mostly legacy gear, with BH and Dread Guard, 12600 credits,

1 x Commando DPS, mostly legacy gear, with BH and Dread Guard, 8329 credits,

1 x Gunslinger, mostly Tionese with some recruit, 5761

It seems there's a vanity penalty if you wear certain shells.