WTH is with No Guardian Gear for Cyber?

FAAmecanic

Why can I not craft Guardian Armor with my Cybertech until LVL 33?? And I cannot craft ANY Guardian MODS at all.

Im a tank and am leveling up two other tanks right now and this is very very annoying! :mad: Was this an oversight by the devs? You can craft any other talent's armor and mods...just not ST/End needed by that type of tank.

Was wondering the same thing, just finished leveling up a sorc and was using Khem the whole time. It was pretty annoying having to mod him with high strength/low endurance mods the whole time. Leveling a sage at the moment and it looks like it will be the same if I want to keep using Qyzen. Also doesn't help that many planets don't sell tank mods for commendations.

To me it looks like an oversight by the Devs. Now the question is can/will they fix this? I'll need to check to see if I can fashion armor/mods that the End as a primary and Willpower secondary (Not sure if I knew enough about crafting when I leveled my first toon...a Sith Assassin tank).

Honestly, it probably has to do with the fact that up until that point just about anyone can "tank." Even in FPs up to that level (give or take) so long as your (advanced) class has a "taunt" ability you can tank and so long as your (advanced) class has some sort of healing you can heal. It is only beyond that point that stat itemization, and skill tree and abilities come into play.

So acquiring "tank specific" gear below level 30 is not a priority. So why be able to craft it?

Edited by psandak

Up until that point your focus is mostly DPS anyway. It's the same thing I learned while leveling my BH. The armorings and mods favor AIM over End until a certain level. Really, up to a certain level despite the fact that you rolled a "tank" only a few factors actually make you a tank. High threat abilities don't really come until later levels with the exception of a few classes.

Based on some of the completely wonky and redundant mods available on the Commendations Modifications Vendors I would have to throw my vote in as lazy oversight by the devs. Reflex Mod and Commando Mod are exactly the same, and there's 2 different enhancements I can't remember the name of that are exactly the same even though they have different names. Its pretty clear the devs really didn't care at all about crafting and modding. It was never even originally supposed to be viable end game, that took lots of ************ for armor set bonuses to be removable and an increase in schematic levels.

Maybe if we bring this issue up enough, they'll release new and proper mods in the cartel shop for $20! :p

I confused everyone by bringing my Sith Assassin into this...lol. I even confused myself :confused:

What I am leveling now is a Sith Juggernaut. I realize the deminishing returns as being the reason armor isnt available to Cybertech until level 33... and Im fine with that. But MODS cannot be built by Cybertech at ALL. Even at level 50 there are no guardian mods available to craft.

sorry for the confusion.

So, it's not a bug then. There aren't ANY craftable guardian mods! :w_mad:

According to Torhead (granted not the most reliable source of info these days), you would be correct. There's not a single Guardian *mod* listed in the schematic list for Cybertech.

- Guardian (Commando/Force Wielder/Patron) Armoring: Yeah, none of these are craftable until Level 33. However, I've started noticing (as I've been leveling new characters again after getting a first round of 8 to or close to 50) that the armoring/mods/hilts/barrels you buy from Commendation Vendors are almost exclusively for tanks. Which means if you're a DPS or Healer trying to depend on commendations to keep your gear up to date, you're equally SOL.

So, yeah, you can't craft them, but you should be getting them as options during quest reward drops and can buy them with planet comms.

(Personally, having realized the lack, I've been taking pity on the tank classes, of which I have three myself, and using the comms gathered as my lowbie DPS and Healer characters to buy up the tank Armoring and put them up on the GTN for cheap. They sell like crazy, too.)

- Mods: I havent tested this one out as thoroughly, but a friend of mine has observed the 'tank' mods are the ##B mods rather than the A's Cybertechers can craft. Again, only available from quest rewards and commendations.

Yes. It sucks. :p

Edited by AlixMV

Why can I not craft Guardian Armor with my Cybertech until LVL 33?? And I cannot craft ANY Guardian MODS at all.

Im a tank and am leveling up two other tanks right now and this is very very annoying! :mad: Was this an oversight by the devs? You can craft any other talent's armor and mods...just not ST/End needed by that type of tank.

Now while I see your logic, you want to level as a tank bu their is no lvl tank gear. My first lvl 50 was a shadow and i lvl'd asa tank. Shadow tanking is pointless till lvl32, by that point you have tools to tank with. Did you also look at the difference between purple lvl 49 gear and tionese? Outside of the obvious jump in HP you also get a ton of defense stats.... for the first the first you will have tanking stats that are above base. With how the content is set up , mainly the endgame content requires tanking stats. Up to level 50 you can mock tank by just being in tank stance with a sheild generator.