Why is BW sitting on Paid Character Transfers?

Graydon

So now they HAVE combined people to High Pop servers, so no more delays. Lets get these transfers going! I had legacies setup with backstory and plans and I want to get the characters with the others where they belong!

The problem Bioware has implementing this service is that it would make a lot of players happy.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

There are a few problems with there transfer system and I can only guess they are trying to get this right so when they can do it on a mass scale those issues won't arise. Would you wan't your transfer done and then in the space travel from A to B you lost all your credits and augments ?

I am waiting on paid transfers my self because playing on Oceanic servers just doesn't work anymore last night (Thursday) at peak time there was 42 on the imperial fleet but all i can do is wait like everybody and at the same time the game is losing so many players due to Bioware not being able to provide one of the most needed options that players are even willing to pay for.

Transfers will cost anything from 7.99-12.99 so be ready to fork out some nice coin to move to a server that's populated.

They are probably not going to allow pay transfers until they are comfortable in the idea that we aren't going to ruin the server populations.. As it is now, I think allowing paid transfers would be a mistake.. What happens if some servers become over populated, while others become under populated??

Bioware spent a lot of time and effort condencing the existing servers and moving us all to our new high pop homes.. It would be ashamed to allow pay transfers and watch all that effort go to waste and ruin the game for so many..

Haven't seed a thread regarding server transfers in a while.

Any news when we will be able to consolidate our characters and legacy?

Thanks!

One would think that it would come with the Cartel Shop along with name change, extra toon slots, etc

One would think that it would come with the Cartel Shop along with name change, extra toon slots, etc

Actually a lot are thinking that it will come with the Cartel Shop. This is a only a rumor. BW has never stated the Shop will offer this service.

Many fans should prepare to be disappointed.

• 1 month later...

I think we are overdue for character transfers.

If you are worried about server pop...

adjust your prices for each server...

If pop is too high, reduce (or even allow free transfers) from that server to a underpop server.

That way, you will always have you balance.

AND GOD DAMMIT ITS NOT HARD TO HAVE SERVER TRANSFERS THEY DID THIS ALREADY.

cmon BioWare, ive been waiting for this since 1.2.

Seriously the only reason I keep my sub is because this is star wars. Any other game I would be long gone.

They are probably not going to allow pay transfers until they are comfortable in the idea that we aren't going to ruin the server populations.. As it is now, I think allowing paid transfers would be a mistake.. What happens if some servers become over populated, while others become under populated??

Bioware spent a lot of time and effort condencing the existing servers and moving us all to our new high pop homes.. It would be ashamed to allow pay transfers and watch all that effort go to waste and ruin the game for so many..

This is a false argument, since those of us who want to consolidate our characters on one server are NOT PLAYING our toons on the server we want to leave--we ARE playing our newer characters on our preferred server. Further, we won't overload our preferred server because a person can only play a SINGLE character on his or her account at a time. Bioware, give your paying customers what they want! We''ve been asking for this service for 7 or 8 months, and you stubbornly refuse our request. It seems like you don't want OUR money, yet you''re gouging FTP players at every opportunity. What gives?:eek:

Edited by BlueIndigo

I'm guessing we won't see server transfers until they deal with the mess that is APAC, and frankly they've shown no movement on that front for months, so I wouldn't get my hopes up. My guess is if they did server transfers before they dealt with APAC, then it would just create a bigger mess for them, and while EAware seems to be great at making messes, they seem to be pretty lackluster at cleaning them up.

They've only told APAC that they're going to evaluate how F2P affects them, but given no time frame or any real information at all to be honest.

So I would guess server transfers won't be seen before sometime in February at best. Yes, that might sound pessimistic, but I'm looking at the track record and that's what I believe.

I'm guessing we won't see server transfers until they deal with the mess that is APAC, and frankly they've shown no movement on that front for months, so I wouldn't get my hopes up. My guess is if they did server transfers before they dealt with APAC, then it would just create a bigger mess for them, and while EAware seems to be great at making messes, they seem to be pretty lackluster at cleaning them up.

They've only told APAC that they're going to evaluate how F2P affects them, but given no time frame or any real information at all to be honest.

So I would guess serv er transfers won't be seen before sometime in February at best. Yes, that might sound pessimistic, but I'm looking at the track record and that's what I believe.

February is generous.

That's why I said "at best".

Just saying you were being generous is all! I agree with most of your post. However, I would place it more around the vicinity of never, not a chance in h***, ever even if people paid for it.

Why? Because the amount of moving people would be doing would once again end up with "Fatman" like servers and some empty ghost town. They cant afford more imbalances or reconsolidations. Better to just force people to reroll. Besides if people have to reroll instead of transfer they will make more money long term off the subscription then by just setting an arbitrary price on a transfer.

Just saying you were being generous is all! I agree with most of your post. However, I would place it more around the vicinity of never, not a chance in h***, ever even if people paid for it.

Why? Because the amount of moving people would be doing would once again end up with "Fatman" like servers and some empty ghost town. They cant afford more imbalances or reconsolidations. Better to just force people to reroll. Besides if people have to reroll instead of transfer they will make more money long term off the subscription then by just setting an arbitrary price on a transfer.

Most other MMO's offer this service and do not suffer huge game ending inbalanced servers like you are trying to describe. Also Fatman was a beacon among a very large number of servers. Currently there are just a few PVP servers.

Most of the players begging BW for this are hoping to consolidate their Legacy, so there wouldn't be a noticable difference in population changes. Also the price for the transfers would regulate transfer traffic.

BW - This thread is nearly 6 months old....

This is a false argument, since those of us who want to consolidate our characters on one server are NOT PLAYING our toons on the server we want to leave--we ARE playing our newer characters on our preferred server. Further, we won't overload our preferred server because a person can only play a SINGLE character on his or her account at a time. Bioware, give your paying customers what they want! We''ve been asking for this service for 7 or 8 months, and you stubbornly refuse our request. It seems like you don't want OUR money, yet you''re gouging FTP players at every opportunity. What gives?:eek:

I agree 100%. I think we should flood them with forum posts. How many posts can they ignore? 10,000? 100,000?

Look Bioware, this is easy. You have the tech to do it. It would make thousands of players happy. For the love of all that is Hutt, please please please just do it. There is no downside to this.

Also, let the legacy be additive, don't just take the highest. We earned it already, don't take it from us.

I just did a search on the words "character" and "transfer" in the forums. There are now 500 threads. This is number 501. I realize a lot of these are not people requesting transfers but talking about the forced merger, but still. That is a lot of threads.

Bioware. 501 threads. That is too many to ignore. Please get character transfers in the game now (ASAP is not soon enough). All we want to do is consolidate our characters. This cannot be a bad thing. No server will be hurt, nobody would be unhappy. People are already playing on the servers they want anyway. Our characters on the other servers are being ignored. They are sad. My 50 Operative, 50 Assassin, 50 Merc and 50 Guardian will be very happy indeed to meet my Vanguard. Well, 3 will try to kill him, so he may not be too happy about it, but don't worry about that. He is very good at AOE damage. He'll be fine.