It has been 2 weeks; what is the status on RWZ?

needalight

First of all, this thread isn't an attack, it is an inquiry. I'm sure we're all wondering it so here's the question: what is BW doing with regards to RWZ? This was a major feature that every PvPer was looking forward to for 1.2, and as a result of its raincheck my server's pvp community has taking a massive blow to size. When I ask the response is uniform: waiting until RWZ. I want this game and my pvp community to flourish and it seems the best way to make that happen asap right now is with RWZ. So... whats the status? The PTSF is closed so I cannot get any information from that. I'm not asking for a lab report, all I want to know is what has the BW team done during the past 2 weeks to develop RWZ?

My guess is they will come in patch 1.3, ~3 months from now. No point in bringing them before we have cross-server queues. On my server at prime-time there are only ~20 people pvping (basically only 1 WZ running all the time and if you are unlucky and don't get chosen for it you must wait 15-20 min until it starts again), so it would be impossible to play ranked. I'm sure this is the issue on other servers as well. Edited by oldshatterhand

I'm guessing when they have cross realm servers ready.

I mean, you honestly can't make a fair and balanced ranked WZ system if its server only for these reasons.

1. You're not guaranteed matches on non-peak hours.

2. Too easy for people to avoid queing against other teams.

3. You can't always be fairly matched up based on your skill level.

4. People will just sync que the solo bracket to play with their friends.

5. Some servers are low pop.

Edited by ComeAndSee

My guess is they will come in patch 1.3, ~3 months from now. No point in bringing them before we have cross-server queues. On my server at prime-time there are only ~20 people pvping (basically only 1 WZ running all the time and if you are unlucky and don't get chosen for it you must wait 15-20 min until it starts again), so it would be impossible to play ranked. I'm sure this is the issue on other servers as well.

I honestly feel this is what it is. On a lot servers it will make no sense to have full ranked since it'll be the same team you'll probably be going up against 24/7. Give or take a few but there won't be any diversity in who you play so you'll either win all the time or lose all the time.