Satele Shan and Jace Malcom?

Vennumz

Sooo I just found out that Theron is indeed Satele's son to Jace...

And my mind is BLOWN! The jedi grand master did the naughty! So can anyone tell me how this happened? Like is there a romance story here I can read? Like when did this take place and what are her thoughts on the whole issue with her being a jedi and all.

Edited by Vennumz

There is a misconception that Jedi aren't allowed to have sex. It's attachments they're not allowed to have. So Satele was perfectly allowed to do the nasty with Malcom, and she didn't even have to live with the consequences of her deed because she could just give up her kid, which she did, to be trained by the Order.

There is a misconception that Jedi aren't allowed to have sex. It's attachments they're not allowed to have. So Satele was perfectly allowed to do the nasty with Malcom, and she didn't even have to live with the consequences of her deed because she could just give up her kid, which she did, to be trained by the Order.

It's good to know that she didn't form any attachment to the guy at all. I'm sure she was completely dispassionate through the whole process.

Jedi having *Relationships in itself isn't a "Bad Thing", its how the person makes their judgment calls *After forming the Relationship.

Ex. Is your companion "More Important" then another, any other person??

There is another issue in the forums also that uses this so I will post it here. A test used by the Police in some area's mostly their I.A. divisions.....

**An officer (you) are in a situation with an armed suspect, that suspect *Will* kill either a citizen or *Your Partner; which one do you save?? Remember you and your partner have a semi relationship, would you choose them because of the *Personal Feelings? is your partner *More Important then the citizen?

Correct answer is the Citizen to save.

Soldiers also have this issue making their critical decisions (If I follow orders I jeopardize my Friend here and family back home, but the orders said to move into danger........Choose..........??) (When your cohort goes down, you cant always go to him, Secret Service "Take the Bullet" for presidents they know very well> *Dispassionate.

A Jedi that does start a relationship no matter their dedication *May hesitate, *May act out of emotions (Obi-Wans 1 Second Sneer at Darth Maul over the Loss of Qui-gon that nearly cost him the fight and Maul to walk out>>Victory for Sidious. Anakins frustration at Padme (Wife), Agony for his mother all Fueled his descent into the dark side nearly destroying the Jedi.

Having a Relationship in itself isn't wrong, but its as close to "Walking the Razors Edge as possible."

Edited by MikeCobalt

One night stands leads to passion and passion leads to emotional entanglements. Then there is the part where the Jedi has discovered this amazing thing called sex, what if they want more of it? more passion.

if a Jedi is questioned on the subject of why they are so distracted and this issue comes up, do you expect the Jedi to yield his/her new found freedom to unwind the moment their master tells them to think and stop, or would the jedi consider multiple ideas and or thoughts to deal with this restriction? you got emotional entanglements right there.

Trying to be completely void or dispassionate during the "action" would be impossible as it takes two to tango. You can't help but wonder what emotions and feelings were swelling inside Satele during that year and a bit and then to have her son taken from her to be raised by another Jedi. You could imagine she was heartbroken, frustrated and angry.

When you all think of these things and wonder if ultimately they are a good or bad choice, there is a very long terrm potential of what will happen if one started down that road. Love, even just an innocent one night stand is a perilous road filled with traps and mines all setup by the dark side. it wouldn't take much for a Jedi to turn into a Sith.

The Clone wars and Films is an example of this, Anakin Skywalker in a secret relationship with Padme Amedala, and it was his passion that destroyed him; his weakness for Padme, the blind rage induced jealousy thinking Obiwan has turned her against him, the delusional thinking that by murdering his enemies that he's protecting Padme, the ability to be manipulated from the outside by the emperor. it could happen to anyone in a similar position.

Soldiers, Police, Agents all make this decision everyday. Obi-wan made this decision when Padme was knocked out of the gunship and stressed she would've made the same decision (Mission comes 1st over feelings) Anakin *Grudgingly agreed . The very end of the Jedi class story when Kira calls out what do you do? save her or attack The Voice?? It was Anakin's *Passion, Immaturity and Aggressiveness that made him look like a fool against Count Dooku the first hit of the fight, when Obi-wans Cool, *Dispassionate Wisdom for which he simply raised his lightsabre with a flick of the wrist (hahah, I still snicker over that). "Having feelings for" for certain professions really Complicates everything. Who read "The Iliad"? Wild Bill killed his best friend and deputy in a moment of passion. Edited by MikeCobalt

Indeed. The whole "sex is allowed, just not attachments" is sophistry at its finest. It's a convenient excuse for indulging in a passion and pretending it's all okay after.

Sophistry or not, like it or not, Jedi were allowed to have sex.

"But Lucas revealed that despite their monastic regime, Jedi were permitted to have sex. Jedi Knights aren't celibate - the thing that is forbidden is attachments - and possessive relationships."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/1989505.stm

Edited by ceryxp

What's under debate is whether it's possible to have the one without the other. I can't claim I wasn't angry at someone when I punched them last week just because I'm not angry with them today.

Neither do I think it's valid to claim a lack of attachment merely because you aren't feeling it now. Attachment happens in the moment of, thus one of the common expressions for sex is "having" someone.

It's called meaningless sex. It happens.

Sleeping with someone until you get pregnant has wandered far to the side of "meaningless."

I believe that a person can reach the state of being capable of having meaningless sex. What's less certain to me is whether a person can start out that way.

Edited by Morthion

It's called meaningless sex. It happens.

By definition: Meaningless means "Insignifcant" or "lacking importance". If it doesn't mean anything than why put any effort into the act in the first place? it is a complete contradition since "effort" requires meaning.

Man...this thread has gotten deep, loving these discussions felles

As good a confirmation as any that you knew what you were starting here and now you are just patting yourself on the back. I hope that isn't what you meant with that reply?

Not everyone on this forum is a "Fella" either. how could you know what someone is by their gender from behind the anonymity of a computer screen?

Edited by Celise

By definition: Meaningless means "Insignifcant" or "lacking importance". If it doesn't mean anything than why put any effort into the act in the first place? it is a complete contradition since "effort" requires meaning.

Meaningless in the emotional sense, the attachment. There is no emotional meaning or significance in the act. You don't fall in love with your masseuse/masseur every time you get a massage, do you?

It's good to know that she didn't form any attachment to the guy at all. I'm sure she was completely dispassionate through the whole process.

No, she did. One of the novels, I want to say Annihilation, has Satele musing on her relationship with Jace and how deeply she was in love with him.

Soldiers, Police to a lesser degree, some others end their relationships because they feel their *Duty* is more important (IF, they even started a *Relationship). What Satele's done here is not as uncommon as many think; its just a side of these *Duties not typically understood by those that have limited experience in those area's. Malgus killed his lover Eleena Daru because he considered her a weakness (No more thinking about her).

https://imgur.com/Z30ZiJM

Anakin didn't have the ability to emotionally Separate his feelings from his Jedi decisions, this would've been *Obvious to anybody around him, Some people can, most cant comprehend this separation and changing priorities in life. I definitely believe Satele and Jace could (Professionals both) maybe she just felt giving 100% of herself to her duties was better, she wouldn't be the first or last by any means, Jace himself a soldier would understand this completely.

Soldiers, Police to a lesser degree, some others end their relationships because they feel their *Duty* is more important (IF, they even started a *Relationship). What Satele's done here is not as uncommon as many think; its just a side of these *Duties not typically understood by those that have limited experience in those area's. Malgus killed his lover Eleena Daru because he considered her a weakness (No more thinking about her).

https://imgur.com/Z30ZiJM

Anakin didn't have the ability to emotionally Separate his feelings from his Jedi decisions, this would've been *Obvious to anybody around him, Some people can, most cant comprehend this separation and changing priorities in life. I definitely believe Satele and Jace could (Professionals both) maybe she just felt giving 100% of herself to her duties was better, she wouldn't be the first or last by any means, Jace himself a soldier would understand this completely.

Satele broke off the relationship. Not because of the Jedi, but because Jace wanted revenge on the Empire more than he wanted justice. He was heading down a dark path and she didn't want to follow him. Before that it was implied they handled it pretty well.

Satele broke off the relationship. Not because of the Jedi, but because Jace wanted revenge on the Empire more than he wanted justice. He was heading down a dark path and she didn't want to follow him. Before that it was implied they handled it pretty well.

That's another very good reason, Jace was/ is *Irrartional, a potential murderer and a "Staff Sergeant Barnes in Platoon (Gone trigger happy from all the fighting)". There's also elements in this thread (and another)of people leaving their families for such duties.

Indeed. The whole "sex is allowed, just not attachments" is sophistry at its finest. It's a convenient excuse for indulging in a passion and pretending it's all okay after.

So basically jedi are serial daters and or friends with benefits? they can do the naughty and they walk away having no commitments to each other? That's kinda messed up.