Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Instead of merging servers, how about a free xfer period and re-purpose an NA server?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Instead of merging servers, how about a free xfer period and re-purpose an NA server?

IoNonSoEVero's Avatar


IoNonSoEVero
09.21.2018 , 08:05 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Goreshaga View Post
Wow, with all the bad reputation french people get, i've never encountered anyone like that on the french server, that's rude
I've played on the German server for one character and there hasn't been the same sort of nastiness there either. Everything I've heard about the European (and old Australian) servers is that they tend to be more polite overall than the NA ones. Unfortunately the ping is just too high for me to really play on any of the Euro servers seriously (lots of invisible enemies and major lag) or I probably would have all my characters on the French or German servers.

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
09.21.2018 , 08:34 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
Oh, I don't. I don't say a thing to them or acknowledge them, I just have my group invites set to auto-decline and I put them on ignore if they duel request me more than once. I will literally walk through people who are jumping around and trying to annoy me and will not let them chase me off my quests.

But whoever the trolls are, there are IMHO more of them now on SF than there were on the old Ebon Hawk.
I apologize...I didn't mean to imply you were engaging them at all...my comment was meant as a broad warning, not aimed at you in any way. You do it exactly right!!! In fact, you troll the trollers by ignoring them...denying them of the one thing they crave more than anything else...attention! Keep doing that...it's seriously the best remedy in the world
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

IoNonSoEVero's Avatar


IoNonSoEVero
09.21.2018 , 08:50 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I apologize...I didn't mean to imply you were engaging them at all...my comment was meant as a broad warning, not aimed at you in any way. You do it exactly right!!! In fact, you troll the trollers by ignoring them...denying them of the one thing they crave more than anything else...attention! Keep doing that...it's seriously the best remedy in the world
No worries at all! It's pretty funny when they are obviously getting frustrated that they're being ignored, gotta say.

Goreshaga's Avatar


Goreshaga
09.21.2018 , 12:39 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
I've played on the German server for one character and there hasn't been the same sort of nastiness there either. Everything I've heard about the European (and old Australian) servers is that they tend to be more polite overall than the NA ones. Unfortunately the ping is just too high for me to really play on any of the Euro servers seriously (lots of invisible enemies and major lag) or I probably would have all my characters on the French or German servers.
I also have invisible ennemies and big lags at time while playing on the french server from France, dunno why though.
It's usually not that bad in the morning i'm often between 50-80 ms, but after 7pm i'm more often around 200-400 ms, when i'm not over 10k...

Falensawino's Avatar


Falensawino
09.21.2018 , 01:10 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by xordevoreaux View Post
First, full disclosure:
1. Open up free character transfers for 90 days.
2. Re-brand Star Forge as the PVE/PVP North American server.
3. Strip all PVP functionality from Satele Shan -- don't even make PVP possible -- and relabel it the Roleplay server.
I don't know where you get your delusions, laser brain.


PVP and PVE are interchangeable now and both are viable for gearing. Stripping PVP from any server is an unacceptable loss of game features.

Whenever I visit Star Forge fleet I see the rivalry between RP'ers and non-rpers. As long as people accept the thicker skin reality, this rivalry is what keeps Star Forge alive. I like it

To me this thread just seems like the OP asking for transfers to do something funky with toons he's unwilling to pay CC for.
The most wretched hive of troll and villainy

Refer a Friend Link

xordevoreaux's Avatar


xordevoreaux
09.21.2018 , 01:32 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Falensawino View Post
I don't know where you get your delusions, laser brain.


PVP and PVE are interchangeable now and both are viable for gearing. Stripping PVP from any server is an unacceptable loss of game features.

Whenever I visit Star Forge fleet I see the rivalry between RP'ers and non-rpers. As long as people accept the thicker skin reality, this rivalry is what keeps Star Forge alive. I like it

To me this thread just seems like the OP asking for transfers to do something funky with toons he's unwilling to pay CC for
Many, many people have disagreed with my suggestion on this thread, which is entirely their right, but few have stooped to direct insults. If you wish to continue with direct insults, know they'll be flagged.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

kodrac's Avatar


kodrac
09.21.2018 , 01:53 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Good God kodrac...please tell me you actually wrote something terribly rude and offensive and this is what the mods replaced it with?!
Jar Jar speak in lieu of mockery too subtle?
Quote: Originally Posted by Mournblood View Post
You are not some champion of logic, teaching the uninformed about the finer points of the fallacy of argumentation. Nor are you a Community Manager working for Bioware, though at least your prolific posting would be an improvement.

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
09.22.2018 , 12:48 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
Jar Jar speak in lieu of mockery too subtle?
I think you handled the thread really really well kodrac, as I feel it deserved the Full Jar Jar.

Stated another way... mesa gree!
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.