Speeder Piloting 3 unlock bug

Snowbird

Possible stupid question... you did use the item it puts in your inventory, right? And already have I and II?

I bought the same thing, used the item, and the training disappeared from my trainer, so I'm assuming all's good there (haven't gone and gotten a rank III mount yet to test with.

Yep, I used it and it gave me Speeder Piloting 3 on the character I used it on (who only had speeder piloting 1 before, not 2). Then I logged out and switched over to my level 40 character with Speeder Piloting 1 and it was still grayed out, not unlocked :( Edited by Snowbird

Same thing here. I purchased all three and the tooltip states "Use applies the selected unlock to all characters on your account". I verified it before I purchased as well as before I used them, and it only unlocked on the one character.

Yeah, I have 3 characters who meet the requirements for piloting 3. It gave it to the character I purchased it on, but not the other 2 who are. I purchased Piloting 1, 2, and 3 and it didn't open levels 1 or 2 on my lower characters either.

It is just a Legacy Unlock...

if it only unlocked to the character who buys it before, it will still only unlock for the character who buys it with CC...

Speeder unlock were ALWAYS character based, not account wide...

the ONLY account wide Legacy unlocks were the ones in the "Others" tab

*VERY worth it imo, I bought the Rocket boost, with the 2 shorter cooldowns, and in-ship mailbox, repair droid and GTN, open to ALL toons*

It is just a Legacy Unlock...

if it only unlocked to the character who buys it before, it will still only unlock for the character who buys it with CC...

Speeder unlock were ALWAYS character based, not account wide...

the ONLY account wide Legacy unlocks were the ones in the "Others" tab

*VERY worth it imo, I bought the Rocket boost, with the 2 shorter cooldowns, and in-ship mailbox, repair droid and GTN, open to ALL toons*

The problem is, the item in the Cartel Market specifically says it works for all characters in your legacy when you buy it. It doesn't. So, they need to either make it work for all characters. like it says, or change what the item says and refund my money, as I bought all 3 on my 50 who already had speeder I and II, just so I could unlock them on my other characters.

Also, speeder piloting was reduced in price with the new patch (1 is now only 200 credits, lol) and rank 3 is only 175k credits. Paying 225cc is an appropriate price for account wide Piloting 3 unlock considering that's the same price as Rocket Boots which costs 1.5 million.

PLEASE FIX THIS BIOWARE.

The problem is, the item in the Cartel Market specifically says it works for all characters in your legacy when you buy it. It doesn't. So, they need to either make it work for all characters. like it says, or change what the item says and refund my money, as I bought all 3 on my 50 who already had speeder I and II, just so I could unlock them on my other characters.

This is what happened to me, and I feel the same way.

The most i've gotten out of customer service is a suggestion that it might be a tooltip bug. Thing is though that when I bought them on my 39 marauder my 18 sage got speeder 1. None of my other characters got anything though. They either need to fix this or refund the coins to anyone who bought it.

Wait wait...WHAT? :eek:

I officially feel cheated now. I bet the Rank 2 speeder is the same way. Thanks to a buggy tool tip, I spent 225 Cartel Coins on a character that already had it. I had mem'd it on her since the tool tip said it was for all my characters. :mad:

Not fair and not cool BW. I try to defend you guys, but is beyond stupid. If it is a tool tip issue, I can live with it as long as I get my Coins back. Please, either fix the tool tip or have the Rank match the current tool tip (i.e account/legacy wide.)

Well, they've now got a warning on the launcher stating they are aware of this issue and that apparently it is a tooltip bug. No word yet on whether or not we will see a refund on this for those of us who bought it with no real benefit.

I saw the notice on the launcher, but no word on how they are going to resolve this for people who bought it. Is there a thread or announcement somewhere else? My ticket is still unanswered in game. Sure would be nice to start using SP3...

I saw the notice on the launcher, but no word on how they are going to resolve this for people who bought it. Is there a thread or announcement somewhere else? My ticket is still unanswered in game. Sure would be nice to start using SP3...

After chatting in General on the Fleet on my server, that's pretty much the general consensus. Mistakes happen after huge (game changing) patches like this. I can get behind that, I just want a refund at this point. I suspect the speeder unlocks will not be account wide, but so long as I can get my money back, I'm alright with it.

I should probably cover my Jedi butt and put in a ticket in game after I wake up later just. It's to make sure I can get any sort of refund or other compensation. Here's to hoping they more fully address this before I wake up.

Edited by natashina