Design Save

Warrgames

With the Yavin Stronghold coming out soon. I was trying to figure out which stronghold I was going to deactivate to get Yavin one. Its a tough choice since I put a lot of effort and time into their designs. You guys said with the release of strongholds that you guys may end up changing the limit sometime down the road. Makes wish there was option to save design. I know its kind of late to get this in game before launch of Yavin stronghold but here is my idea.

Phase One: With the release of Yavin stronghold when deactivating a stronghold there is option to save design. I don't believe coming up with option to save design would be too hard to create before the release of Yavin stronghold since everything is on hooks and limited placement.

Phase Two: Option to load and save. This part is going to take more time. From the edit window of stronghold have option to load/save design of the stronghold. If someone tries to load a design that they don't have decoration for a warning window comes up saying missing and than a list of the missing decoration and option load without them. There are some decoration that we can only have one and if the use it in another stronghold.

I know that releasing only part of something like this is normal bad idea but if you release a message saying something like: We know how much time and effort you guys have put into your strongholds and we don't want it to go to waste if you deactivate one to get Yavin stronghold. So we have in place an option to save your design right now as we put the finishing touch on a new system to save and load design strongholds.

Other benefits to this idea. If the design is saved on the player computer like UI layout. Players could trade design which was one thing people asked about with the release of strongholds. Having someone else design their stronghold for them.

I have seen this suggested before and I fully support it. I will demolish my strongholds to create a awesome Yavin.

I have spent so many hours getting my strongholds right that it would be very valuable to be able to return it to the original state.

I know for me being able to save my design would take a lot of the sting out having to deactivate a stronghold. I already know Nar Shadaa is going to get scraped. Its my least favorite one. I was going to redesign it but with Yavin coming out. I'll just scrape it and move some design ideas to Tat.