Got an idea after seeing the stream...

Yavin's stronghold is incredible.... but it's also as the devs pointed out a daytime, and pretty light and bright locale.

What about adding a new stronghold on Oricon as well... only a night scene (is it ever really daytime there?) with lava flows replacing the water. Heck, it can basically just be a re-skin of Yavin the way I see it, which would cut down on development work, in much the same way that the Coruscant and Dromund Kaas strongholds are essentially copies of each other.

A truly fitting home for a Sith, alongside the Dread Masters...

I actually like this idea. I personally wouldn't be likely to get this very quickly, I do not have the strength to run around doing dailies to get decorations, SHs, gear and etc etc to keep up with all the content so that I don't miss out on any of the items I want that will likely either go super expensive or disappear from the GTN completely before this happens and still have credits left over, especially when I donate 100k to my inactive guild every other day(At least I'm the guildmaster ^_^) but I do think greater variety would be rather nice. I could see my friends make SHs on places like Oricon, maybe buy a guild SH somewhere like that occasionally, and buy one myself when I've finally caught up to all the players who have been playing for more than a year's worth of time. Not that I'm complaining, I understand all this and it does give people a lot to strive for and make each player's accomplishments unique, and I'm already preparing to skip some items and decorations and stuff and refocus on leveling, deactivate my Coruscant and Kaas SHs and buy them for my guilds, but it sux that I wouldn't have enough spare creds to buy anything like dat right away. My main problem with dailies has usually been internal psychological issues, a crushing sense of being overwhelmed that's no one's fault but my own :3

Crap I went offtopic. Sorry! Anyway while I would not buy this immediately I would love to see an Oricon SH, and I think it would be lore-friendly because The Dread Masters are gone right? (I've only ever done like two ops, the Soa one and this Hutt one so I'm not rlly knowledgeable about op-related lore.)

Even if the Dread Masters are gone, it's enough of a Mustafar-esque place to be the kind of environment a Sith would find quite homey.

And like I said, a re-skin of Yavin or such would be really simple to implement relatively speaking. Running water could easily be replaced by running lava.

A little surprised I haven't seen more comments for the views this thread has gotten. Can't be just me, can it?

Ehhh... Oricon is sort of... a gigantic asteroid. By all rights, we should've been able to railgun it into oblivion, but we didn't *sigh*

Anyway, I dunno if Oricon is a good idea with all the dark stuff going on there, and I totally wouldn't have picked Yavin as the next place to put a palace... Though it is nice and I'm totally getting it.

Y'know what... More house options are always good. :p

I think a neutral option would be better - something like Manaan, or a base on Rishi. I'm a dark side player, and I love me some Dromund Kaas, but an obscure asteroid with lava? Aestetically it is not as pleasing to me as a penthouse, or a dark Sith Temple. And since I have to kill one of the strongholds to get that Oricon... just doesn't seem to be worth it. Yavin is more neutral, I think.