is Sorc dps low at lvl 50?

WIZBASKY

I do about 1-2 WZ's per level as I level just to see how I am prgressing in the DPS compared to others.

I do lots of damage, just not big damage.

sort of like a warlock from WoW, lots of damage from dots just not real threatening damage.

1vs 1 against say a trooper, I do dot dot lightning all i see is 100 200 300 ticks maybe some 600-800 crit ticks from lightning, the trooper does 2k 2k 2k.

do sorcs even out at 50, or are other classes doing like 5k crits like I see in you tube vids and we are still doing in the 100's

what you see is how they are at 50.

People say sorcs damage is op cause of the numbers, but its all aoe.

And yes, you will see people crit you for 6400, then 4500 then 3700 back to back to back and you will die in all of 5 seconds.

But due to the sheer numbers of people who play the class and the QQing from misinformed people (thinking lightening damage is not mitigated when in fact it is), this class will not get buffed.

You will basically be fodder for any class 1v1 if you possess the same gear and skill. You are a support class and yes, that sucks.

With Madness hybrid:

Affliction, force lightning until you get the instant proc, chain lightning or crushing darkness, death field.

If you have Recklessness up, use it before the chain lightning and death field.

(both crit over 2k on multiple targets)

Affliction can proc Lightning Barrage, makeing Force Lightning channel in 1.5 seconds, and granting you a chance for the instant proc for chain lightning, crushing darkness or lightning strike (later is 1-1.5k)

I do about 1-2 WZ's per level as I level just to see how I am prgressing in the DPS compared to others.

I do lots of damage, just not big damage.

sort of like a warlock from WoW, lots of damage from dots just not real threatening damage.

1vs 1 against say a trooper, I do dot dot lightning all i see is 100 200 300 ticks maybe some 600-800 crit ticks from lightning, the trooper does 2k 2k 2k.

do sorcs even out at 50, or are other classes doing like 5k crits like I see in you tube vids and we are still doing in the 100's

You won't see much of the 5k crits as a sorc (you won't even break 4k in 1 hit in full rakata gear on a pve mob without temporary buffs). Overall, the dps isn't low, but the burst damage relies on procs, which makes it rather unrealiable in pvp.

In regards to buffs, I recon it's more likely we'll see some nerfs related to operative and mercenary in particular.

yep it's quite low. especially when in high end

pvp 1vs1 (opp bm or full champ).

problem is we are the squishiest class. so

1vs1 in 4-5 sec down, 1vs.2 in 2 seconds.

only thing to do is run away or LOS if u can.

On my server 90% of all BM Sorcs are heal.

And a lot of the time I'm the only DD in the

WZ. Which says a lot since in the beginning

it was more like 4-6 Sorcs per WZ.

Looks like Sorcs are more a kind of Support

class and less damage dealers.

Good opponents will just quick focus you and kill u in 1-2 seconds.

Yes it is low at 50. Coming up leveling my thought was wow, I picked an OP class. Bragging it up in guild chat. Then you hit 50.

Taking someone out that is equally geared is a ***** in PVP. 1v1 I can most often win but that rarely happens. Usually I can't burn them in time to avoid a buddy that's incoming from mid-map. As long as my roots, snares, and trinket are off cooldown I usually have to mess up to lose a 1v1 equally geared. Problem is I NEED to have them off cooldown to win. Trinket is 2 min and that often dictates a win or loss.

The Ilum and Belsavis dailies with 3 champion pieces and the rest 51 epic modded are very tough for me.

The good thing is that the buddy that I play with, Marauder, has the same type of PVE issues. Can't say that anything is broken yet but things are not as nice at 50 as it was 1-49 when I felt like a ******.

Edited by Ochad

I'm not playing a sorcerer but a lot of people on my servers are and I play an operative(lethality).

And the thing is it's a rock paper scissor scheme, sorcerers are very very good against melee(you just push them away and see them struggling to get back to you in slow motion once the stun has worn off). If you stand still in a 1v1 fight against a mercenary you'll probably get owned, but they're quite easy to LoS.

Also it's probably the class with the most utility, you got a pull, the aoe push, the bubble, a ranged stun, the speed boost, the 30m lightning that slows(I'm probably missing some others :) ).

For pvp, sorcerers really don't need any buff.

DPS is very contextual

Your total warzone damage can be quite high, this is because of a combination of good aoe dps augmented with nice sustained dps items.

But your single target dps in a pvp setting (i.e. what you can do in say 5-10 seconds) is rather low.

This is because they are built around being solid aoe dpsers with good sustained damage. The cost for these attributes would be very limited burst comparatively speaking (our burst comes more from getting the right procs to put several attacks on target in a very short span instead of a single hard-hitting big crit).

This means that a sorc can do very well on a damage readout at the end of a warzone, but isolated to a 1v1 situation it's going to come down to good use of utility over being able to out-dps your opponent.

Meh, I disagree with most of the opinions here. As one of the first BMs on our server and apart of the most progressed raiding wise guild on our server. The only time I really lose a pure 1v1 fight is against a Commando(Grav Round is silly) or Powertech. You can burst the **** out f people if you go Biochem and get the Power Relic, and of course run the right spec. We are one of the highest(if not the highest) sustained dpsers in the game, and I know its really hard to tell because of no dps meter but I'm failry certain in Ops I'm top 3 every fight as there are certain mechanics that target the member with the second highest threat.

So yeah, a lot of damage definitely comes from CL AoE in PvP, I won't deny that, but you still do a whole of ST as CL is just as effective on ST as it is on multiple targets. People on this thread saying were only good as a support class or heals either suck at playing Sorc or all the Sorcs they play with suck.

Meh, I disagree with most of the opinions here. As one of the first BMs on our server and apart of the most progressed raiding wise guild on our server. The only time I really lose a pure 1v1 fight is against a Commando(Grav Round is silly) or Powertech. You can burst the **** out f people if you go Biochem and get the Power Relic, and of course run the right spec. We are one of the highest(if not the highest) sustained dpsers in the game, and I know its really hard to tell because of no dps meter but I'm failry certain in Ops I'm top 3 every fight as there are certain mechanics that target the member with the second highest threat.

So yeah, a lot of damage definitely comes from CL AoE in PvP, I won't deny that, but you still do a whole of ST as CL is just as effective on ST as it is on multiple targets. People on this thread saying were only good as a support class or heals either suck at playing Sorc or all the Sorcs they play with suck.

Translates to

The class is fine because I out gear everyone else in pvp. Abusing the poor double-dipping expertise mechanic early on in the game is fun!

Yes, because I still obviously outgear everyone... /sarcasm.

I find a lot of Sorcs stack completely wrong stats, and play completely wrong builds. Do some research and get good at your rotation and spec, and your issues will be minimized.

Thing than guy sayed earleyr, about pushing melee away and then watching it crawling back, isnt much true. Every melee classes can get back to skin contact without any problem, another thing, melee classes have 4k+ more hp than sorc got and they hit 5k crits even with centurion gear. And sorc with centurion gear.. dont really even want to say..

Reason why i can do 300k+ dmg in matches is that i can stand back and shoot behind other ppl, sorc do constant stable dmg, so cos those +300k matches ppl allways think sorc is so much op ( not operative ).

Even every shooter class do much more dmg than sorc can ever do, i dont even want to talk about sniper, lets take merc. shoots missiles every 1.5-2sec and do 2-4k dmg + that best skill ( dont remember name ) 3-6k min. And sorcs best dmg doing skill with nice 3sec channel time 2x less dmg most of time.

Well have to take snipers snipe skill 1,5s and 4-8k dmg..

Only thing that sorc does good in wz:s is really healing, constant stable damage is good if going with team all the time ( well, even team of 4 with all burst classes, kills everything theyr way, even team with 4 sorcs ), but there comes many many times matches where sorc is alone and bunch of enemies comes..

1v1 even tank classes do more dmg than sorc does. tanks absorbs allmost all dmg and can self only run away and try heal when tanks shoot 2-4k every 2sec or jumps to skin and hits 5k crits..

And yes, im not best sorc player here, but what i have seen in wz:s is that every time when 1v1 comes against another class, sorc goes down quite easy without any problem, if enemy knows even little how to play. Cos every other class does minimun 2x more burst dmg than sorc can ever do. And sniper can 2 shot sorc down, couple times even that happened to me, 8k hit, dead. and i got full champ gear ( gloves are though lvl50 orange) so talk about sorc being op.

So, if play sorc, only way to go wz:s is healing if want to be any use most of time.

Edited by Cyelen

Thing than guy sayed earleyr, about pushing melee away and then watching it crawling back, isnt much true. Every melee classes can get back to skin contact without any problem, another thing, melee classes have 4k+ more hp than sorc got and they hit 5k crits even with centurion gear. And sorc with centurion gear.. dont really even want to say..

Operatives dps can't get back in melee easily for info(and they're melee), apart from using a 3 min cd(or 2 min for cc operatives). And if you don't manage to kite melee with a sorcerer I'm sorry but you need to either revise your spec or check all your abilities because you're not using them all...

Reason why i can do 300k+ dmg in matches is that i can stand back and shoot behind other ppl, sorc do constant stable dmg, so cos those +300k matches ppl allways think sorc is so much op ( not operative ).

Ok so what you're saying is that you do more damage than everyone but you're not op enough and you need a buff?

Even every shooter class do much more dmg than sorc can ever do, i dont even want to talk about sniper, lets take merc. shoots missiles every 1.5-2sec and do 2-4k dmg + that best skill ( dont remember name ) 3-6k min. And sorcs best dmg doing skill with nice 3sec channel time 2x less dmg most of time.

Well have to take snipers snipe skill 1,5s and 4-8k dmg..

Err don't sorcerers have something that triggers instant lightning? A dot that slows? A ranged stun with a relative short cd? Pure burst damage is not everything, you're low on health? You can use your speed boost to go get a healing item.

Only thing that sorc does good in wz:s is really healing, constant stable damage is good if going with team all the time ( well, even team of 4 with all burst classes, kills everything theyr way, even team with 4 sorcs ), but there comes many many times matches where sorc is alone and bunch of enemies comes.

Guess what? It happens to all the classes, yes every classes gets butchered in 2v1. Sorcerers are no different...

1v1 even tank classes do more dmg than sorc does. tanks absorbs allmost all dmg and can self only run away and try heal when tanks shoot 2-4k every 2sec or jumps to skin and hits 5k crits..

Ahah I laughed at that, tanks do more damage than sorcerers? I must have been playing another game :).

And yes, im not best sorc player here, but what i have seen in wz:s is that every time when 1v1 comes against another class, sorc goes down quite easy without any problem, if enemy knows even little how to play. Cos every other class does minimun 2x more burst dmg than sorc can ever do. And sniper can 2 shot sorc down, couple times even that happened to me, 8k hit, dead. and i got full champ gear ( gloves are though lvl50 orange) so talk about sorc being op.

Getting 2 shot by a sniper...I call BS...

Other than that, yes if you stand there in full view of the sniper or try to 1v1 him you probably won't win. But it's a team game and the idea is like rock paper scissor, you won't win against every class. You should win vs melee most of the time(I know I regularly get destroyed by sorcerers). Snipers will get destroyed by melee(I've yet to lose a single 1v1 against a sniper).

Though I must say that arsenal mercenaries are a bit overpowered against everybody :p.

It is absolutely not all AoE, and can be exceedingly high dmg. There is a mix of AoE in there, just like most classes, but we have low burst, VERY high sustained dmg, if geared, specced, and played properly at 50.

We aren't any less damage, and play exceedingly similar to a Shadowpriest from that one game.

Shoot for 18 Madness/23 Lightning. Toss out a coupe Afflictions to get lightning barrage ready, then:

-FL

-CL

-FL

-LS proc (may cause insta CL via forked lightning)

-FL

Then repeat or switch targets and reinitiate. RARE is the WZ where I'm not top dmg (300-500k)/kills/low deaths, 70kish+ healing. Crushing darkness is avoided, as the spec doesn't support it, and you are relying on Lightning Strike double procs to feed into freecast forked lightning procs.

and yes, if you try to slugfest a covered sniper, you are bad. Dot, pillar hump, shield, heal, deathfield, FL, fake another and interrupt him, rinse repeat, dead sniper.

-Blight

-Battlemaster Sorcerer/Ajunta Pall

Edited by DarthDerpDerp

I really really enjoy my 1/7/33 specc in PvP.

Its all about controll and when to use stun/"burst" etc.

I dont like the hybrid specc at all as a part of there damage comes from a bug.

I guess u all know what bug im talking about.

And i dont like to get used to a bugged playstyle when they finnaly fix it.

Sounds to me like the people complaining are trying to play sorcs like something their not. Their not a burst damage class. They were never designed to be a burst damage class. Stop trying to play them like a burst damage class.

Don't get into head on slugging matches with high damage out put classes, because you WILL lose. Don't stand still against melee because you WILL lose. Don't neglect LOS against Snipers because you WILL lose.

Don't stand on the front lines in a group fight because you're squishy, you will get targeted, and you will lose. Play the sorc for what it is. Use your procs, get a vague rotation that will utilize procs and allow mobility/versatility. I say vague because people who have a dead set rotation, lose hard to anyone that screws that rotation up for them.

Get good at using LOS to your advantage, I have seen many times, LOS (and knowledge of abilities) allow 1 ranged class on 10% HP to take down another ranged on 90% HP one on one. (arenas anyone?)

Opening a fight against a full HP opponent with the intent of taking them down solo is going to require almost all your abilities, and rightly so, it's the same for all classes. Even if you get your kill, it's going to leave you open and vulnerable to other players for a short while after. That's just the risk you take. Not to mention it's almost always useless to your team.

Don't try to be some ****** baller that can take down everyone, pick your fights, be conservative but not stingy with your abilities, play for procs but don't rely on them, help out the other people on your team and don't get hell bent on getting a kill. Know when to cut your losses. If you don't get the kill, but chase them away from an important area, it's still just as good.

Also throw dots on low HP enemies that are running, you might get lucky.

Sounds to me like the people complaining are trying to play sorcs like something their not. Their not a burst damage class. They were never designed to be a burst damage class. Stop trying to play them like a burst damage class.

Don't get into head on slugging matches with high damage out put classes, because you WILL lose. Don't stand still against melee because you WILL lose. Don't neglect LOS against Snipers because you WILL lose.

Don't stand on the front lines in a group fight because you're squishy, you will get targeted, and you will lose. Play the sorc for what it is. Use your procs, get a vague rotation that will utilize procs and allow mobility/versatility. I say vague because people who have a dead set rotation, lose hard to anyone that screws that rotation up for them.

Get good at using LOS to your advantage, I have seen many times, LOS (and knowledge of abilities) allow 1 ranged class on 10% HP to take down another ranged on 90% HP one on one. (arenas anyone?)

Opening a fight against a full HP opponent with the intent of taking them down solo is going to require almost all your abilities, and rightly so, it's the same for all classes. Even if you get your kill, it's going to leave you open and vulnerable to other players for a short while after. That's just the risk you take. Not to mention it's almost always useless to your team.

Don't try to be some ****** baller that can take down everyone, pick your fights, be conservative but not stingy with your abilities, play for procs but don't rely on them, help out the other people on your team and don't get hell bent on getting a kill. Know when to cut your losses. If you don't get the kill, but chase them away from an important area, it's still just as good.

Also throw dots on low HP enemies that are running, you might get lucky.

the issue with your "idea" of game play is that it does not say anywhere when you roll a sorc that you will be fodder for every class in the game. Every one that pvp's in a video game assumes( and rightfully so) that all things being equal, their class has a chance agains the enemy, this is not hte case with sorcs.

Secondly, what about sorcs who do "objective" based pvp, which is how the warzones are designed to be played in the first place. A sorc cant guard anything like a tank a healer, an operative, an assassin or any class in game. So...you are basically telling the sorc community that their class is not on par with everyone elses...this being the case, I want to pay less money a month then the guy who plays an assassin or operative.

In my experience DPS is low @ 50 even with damage spec comparability to other classes for PVE and PVP. Reason is I think the top tier abilities suck, except for the Revivification. Up through the 40s the dmg is alright, and sustain, of course weak burst but that's ok.

Bottom line, the heal spec is the best in the game and frankly, this is a healer/support class. So trying to go full DPS and expecting to be great is just not reality.

Putting a DPS line for ever class in the game really hinders groups in the game because you have lack of healers because everyone wants to be a DPS. When the Sorc is the best healer in the game but instead you get mediocre DPS people where sure force lighting is a great AOE, but in PVE pretty much worthless.

Do I like it? No, I was hoping the sorc was a glass cannon, but hey I accept reality. Does not mean you can't be DPS in PVE/PVP, just know some class can do it better than you....

Do I like it? No, I was hoping the sorc was a glass cannon, but hey I accept reality. Does not mean you can't be DPS in PVE/PVP, just know some class can do it better than you....

A good Sorc can keep up with every other class in PvP and PvE(DPS wise).Also Sorcs are the best "group" healers. A good Merc is by far the best tank healer.

Research and experience, a lot of you need both.

Edited by Cuthaliob

While AoE spammers get hate, it's actually not a bad contribution. Consider that it's providing constant interrupts to objective caps and softening whole groups up. Even if your CL+DF spam doesn't kill them all outright, dealing 5-7k damage to 3-5 people in a matter of a few seconds is NOT a small thing. Three sorcs doing that will easily wreck their team. Just look at the survival time in Void Star...anyone who is not ranged tends to rack up a ton of deaths.

That said, it's simply the case that a 13/28 sorc is not very good in 1v1. Most classes will easily defeat you unless you happen to have advantageous terrain. A heal spec sorc is actually far more dangerous in a 1v1 and I'd actually say that for pure duelling, heal hybrids or tribrids are the best.