So Top 3s this season will be with <20 wins?

merovejec

I finnaly got myself to stop doing solo ranked since there really is no point. People que with friends and after 20 matches, where they let them win, they are in top 3 spots. Tulak Hord replaced Darth Nihilus as the new official wintrading server. So I hope you Devs will consider this. There are quite a few people who have played without reset and have 1000-1500 matches on their toons so it would be nice for them to consider this (I would even call it an exploit) that people use the initial 20-30 matches for fast high rating.....

The purpose of gaining / loosing more rating in the first matches (first 5 games can give around +60) is in order to prevent "good" players ending up in the average bracket, where they fist everyone else anally without any lube usage. That's about theory. Practically, it doesn't work, obviously. It's still about luck with who you are matched.

About the server Tulak Hord...

In the beginning of the season there had been a couple of unlegit people in the leaderboards, taking top3 spots with less than 20 wins. But for a few weeks now (maybe even months), the solo ranked on Tulak Hord is considdered as the only actually playable solo ranked queue. You may wonder why, the reason is simple: No leavers, no throwers.

Yes, of course, there are suckers who can't play, there are people that get globalled with 140k dmg taken. But it doesn't matter, because everyone has them once in a while matched together. The key difference is no people throwing on specific people, respectively "tryharding" with the other "specific" people. I've personally played about 20 wins and 10 looses on my alt sorcerer that I've transfered to Tulak Hord, and I've had exactly one single match ending in a 3v4, due to a disconnect (and the one who disconnected had high rating himself, so he was certainly not throwing for / on anyone, he actually disconnected).

If you play on Darth Malgus (my primary server) you end in a 3v4, 2v4, 2v3 or even 1v2 or whatever in pretty much every second match. Since I know that you're playing on Darth Malgus, I am 100% the opinion that you're not in the position to complain about peoples rating on Tulak Hord.

Also I believe I don't have to mention the way how you reached your rating in season 9, which places your trustworthiness even below Kiretana, in my personal opinion.

Cheers, durmoth

The purpose of gaining / loosing more rating in the first matches (first 5 games can give around +60) is in order to prevent "good" players ending up in the average bracket, where they fist everyone else anally without any lube usage. That's about theory. Practically, it doesn't work, obviously. It's still about luck with who you are matched.

Yeah thats exactly what happened at start, you had very good players at 1100 rating and then it was really hard to climb.

Can you be more hypocrit dude? Half of what's left of the Solo Ranked community knows the truth about you. And you still go about these forums pretending you are some sort of white angel.

--Szopen

Why does it always have to be about me? I come to forums to bring up an issue and you people always come with this stuff. Im no white angel, i have said it all here but threads have been removed.

Anyway, as you indicated, the ranked community is small. Everytime someone says "everyone knows" I imagine the 30-40 ppl..... so sure, just take the top spots, its just about enough to cover you all. If it makes you happy, I just want them to adjust the system to hinder cheap tricks, I only play for fun.

I stopped caring about ranked a long time ago. I don't even sub now. I just meme in regs and post on the forums via referral time. I lost all hope when they released a PSA before the end of last season claiming they would finally have a "zero tolerance" approach toward cheating, yet ended up suspending and resetting only a few cheaters, missing the rest, giving back top 3s to most of those they originally suspended, and even suspending those who were legit.

Ranked in this game will always be a meme lottery joke. Pretty much always has been, pretty much always will be.

Edited by ColorfulCaiques

Ranked in this game will always be a meme lottery joke. Pretty much always has been, pretty much always will be.

It wasnt always like this. It took the people a few seasons to start with the cheating. At start people just wintraded for the gold tier so it was not that obvious.

Later however it became even a source of income for some people to get titles on accounts and sell them, but now people just do it cause they can as its easy if you have the few friends for it.

who actually cares? what are you going to do with that title? lord it over 2019 pvpers? LOLOLOL.

do you even understand that bioware inability to talk and change things based on player input is... UNIQUE to swtor? literaly so many MMOs you can talk to them and get enough players to get them to change it. Not swtor. swtor is run into the ground even more every 6 months.. but do they need your 2 cents? Nope, they're doing fine. Why do you ask?

Edited by Seterade

It wasnt always like this. It took the people a few seasons to start with the cheating. At start people just wintraded for the gold tier so it was not that obvious.

Later however it became even a source of income for some people to get titles on accounts and sell them, but now people just do it cause they can as its easy if you have the few friends for it.

Uhhh that's not exactly true. Cheating has always been prevalent in this game. It's just that some of the methods used leaked into the general populace as the game aged and EAware has done nothing to stop it. It's to be expected.

who actually cares? what are you going to do with that title? lord it over 2019 pvpers? LOLOLOL

Pretty much, this. Honestly, you're a loser if you're going to be flexing your titles and flair - rewards that almost everyone at the tippy top obtained by wintrading or buying - in a dead game. The majority of the dying playerbase left couldn't care less about your top 3 rewards either, much less people irl.

Edited by ColorfulCaiques

Pretty much, this. Honestly, you're a loser if you're going to be flexing your titles and flair - rewards that almost everyone at the tippy top obtained by wintrading or buying - in a dead game. The majority of the dying playerbase left couldn't care less about your top 3 rewards either, much less people irl.

Well its still remarkable how much some of the players go through just to get the title. There are those honest ones playing 1000+ matches on each toon and then there are those who have such friends that dont care that they waste their time just for him to get this title by dropping matches etc. So some really spend a lot of time on this. So why? For a worthless title?

Well its still remarkable how much some of the players go through just to get the title. There are those honest ones playing 1000+ matches on each toon and then there are those who have such friends that dont care that they waste their time just for him to get this title by dropping matches etc. So some really spend a lot of time on this. So why? For a worthless title?

And then there is you multiboxing top 3 title and getting away with it :jawa_angel:

Sorry I wanted to post a constructive reply but I can't anymore cause of all the vomit on my screen cause of this much hypocrisy. Gotta buy a new monitor now cause of this absolute garbage post thanks a lot.

Hmm you barely fit the titles into the signature, I wonder if you can also fit all that ego into your head. Probably around 90% of the people in the game playit for fun, yet some come here to compensate some real world issues. I only tried to make a thread to state the fact that some people are high in leaderboards due to (probably) rigged matches and it should be considered when wrapping up the seasons. I dont know why people always have to bring up their issues here.

just going to point this, because you asked. I know nothing of you, or the crap you have pulled. however so many people say the same thing and you dont deny so Im going on the assumtion that you did multibox your rating.

now. you having the coconuts to complain about wintrade/backfill with the current past is like the kettle calling the pot black. you dont get to complain about it. because you are the problem, other people get to complain about you.

Edited by Seterade

Whats funny is that sooo many PVPers keep saying how ranked in this game is pointless, means nothing, its a shame to have those flairs etc but now you see the famous players playing a few matches to get those few points for the top 3 spot.

Even on streams they keep saying its nonsense to play for rating and leaderboards but now you can see it, in the end they go for the top spots. So why? Why do it if it means so little these days? :D

Point 1. is the reason I made this thread, since that should change, thank you.

Point 2. I have been explaining that for a long time, so I don't want to go back to that discussion since it will end with deleted threads/posts. Whats wrong with Stain? He has his attitude, true, but he is a good player.

And the reason to change this is?

This gives other players the easiest chance to grab these titles for themselves since it’s not even hard to reach 1500. if you win you win. Simple. Doesn’t matter how many games you‘ve played. The current reward system is based on ranked tokens. So if you earn your top3 with less than 20 wins then you will prob have enough to buy the new armor set but not more, which is the best system they released so far. And I am pretty sure nobody will get any titles with less than 1600 cuz it will always go higher. People will see this easy chance and play to get above this. That’s competitive.

And the reason to change this is?

This gives other players the easiest chance to grab these titles for themselves since it’s not even hard to reach 1500. if you win you win. Simple. Doesn’t matter how many games you‘ve played. The current reward system is based on ranked tokens. So if you earn your top3 with less than 20 wins then you will prob have enough to buy the new armor set but not more, which is the best system they released so far. And I am pretty sure nobody will get any titles with less than 1600 cuz it will always go higher. People will see this easy chance and play to get above this. That’s competitive.

There should be a limit to when you are eligible for (at least for top3) a title. Look at the Vanguards and you will see what I mean. Its not about win and win, but about getting a few people to sync que with you. There was a syncquing PT tank online just this saturday, but it was too obvious. Its a quick 10-20 matches that can be done in one evening and you have your top3 without having to play all season. If there would be a limit of 50 matches for top 3 it would make much more sense.

There should be a limit to when you are eligible for (at least for top3) a title. Look at the Vanguards and you will see what I mean. Its not about win and win, but about getting a few people to sync que with you. There was a syncquing PT tank online just this saturday, but it was too obvious. Its a quick 10-20 matches that can be done in one evening and you have your top3 without having to play all season. If there would be a limit of 50 matches for top 3 it would make much more sense.

I see everyone knows who is throwing for stain.. who is syncqueing, who is cheating.... but I fail to see any evidence of it ?

Like ok, I am sure if it wasn't happening people wouldn't be talking about it, so there is some truth... but how do you know these things ? it's not like... it's written somewhere that Kuritana has just thrown a match for somebody.

As for leaderboards, I see that it doesn't change ever. It's the same people all the time. I know decent people who que non stop and their rating is just getting worse or stagnating the more they que. Ranked is the only place where mass queing disfavours you...:p

but how do you know these things ?

Just like @Seterade said, there are multiple sources to this. You have to realize that people are doing this. To have a 100% success chance you need more than 2 helpers and people always tend to talk. Someone always goes off talking about it. They have to communicate somehow, discord is the best way and people keep on making print screens etc. Sometimes people dont get along and argue and then they start talking.

Apart from this there are quite a few other ways, but mostly its just too obvious. Nevertheless there are cases where people just rage and lose on purpose, just so that the guy on his team doesnt get the rating etc. so you need to watch out for such things. Its a complex thing, but as people said, its always the same guys doing this so pretty much know. You just check toon names, achievement points and you know who it is. Some players use specific looks etc.