Why are Humans and Sith really the most popular race and

jediknightmiles

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only human character I have is my Smuggler, unless you count cyborgs as humans, then you can add my BH.

JC: Cathar

JK: Miraluka

SW: Sith pureblood

SI: Twi’lek

IA: Chiss

Haven’t made a trooper yet, no idea which species I’m going to use there. Probably one of the ones I haven’t used yet.

Keep in mind that only the blindfold distinguishes Miraluka from humans, so you might not notice a Miraluka if you’re not paying attention.

Edited by VelvetSanity

I play humans, pureblood Sith, cyborgs, Miraluka and the occasional Twi'lek, Togruta, and Chiss. Why? Because I like to be pretty. No offense, but I don't care for green or fur. Does that make me colourist? Furist? I dunno. I just like what I like.:o Edited by Lunafox

I play humans, pureblood Sith, cyborgs, Miraluka and the occasional Twi'lek, Togruta, and Chiss. Why? Because I like to be pretty. No offense, but I don't care for green or fur. Does that make me colourist? Furist? I dunno. I just like what I like.:o

Random thought based on your avatar:

Wonder what the game would be like if you could play a sentient Veractyl :D

My SI would respond to your cheering humans with a muttered “filthy sewer rats” LOL

Haha as mostly empire side my Marauder would probably respond with a light saber through the gut. Assuming your race has a gut in the same spot humans do.

Among my 8 main characters, my JK and SW are humans.

SI is Pureblood

JC is "light" Zabrak

Trooper is Mirialan

IA is Chiss

Smuggler is Rattataki

BH is "dark" Zabrak, but i'm not that convinced (i'd like new skin colours, like yellow, and a real yellow, not orange, and some new tatoos, because the only one i like is the same as Akaavi, which is distracting)

I also have a second JC and a second smuggler who are Twi'leks.

And a second BH and a second SI who are Chiss

And i really don't like Miralukas

I had a Cathar trooper, but not that fan, i like the specy, but not as PC, they look too different compared to the NPCs, especially the eyes.

I have a JC who is a Togruta too, but it's not my favourite specy as PC, i'd love to be able to play a Nautolan though

Edited by Goreshaga

I've played humans, Twi'leks, Miralians, Sith and Zabraks. I have never really wanted to play as any of the others.

I wish that the cybernetic implants would just be a separate cosmetic option instead of a separate species because IMHO having an implant or fake arm or leg doesn't really qualify one as a 'cyborg.' To me a cyborg would be someone like Darth Vader or Draahg in the Sith Warrior story who can't live without the cybernetics.

Because humans have so much variety in their customization. I always want to do alien but I always struggle when making them, its harder to find a unique look that I like. Like every time I try doing a twilek for example, I feel it reminds me to one npc. So my mains on all classes are mostly human, one cyborg and one chiss. The chiss at least does have some decent options enough. The other thing is humans you can do any class of, where as other aliens you need to pay the unlock to use that alien in that specific class.

In the case of cathar and togruta, they can be bought with cartel so you will definitely see less of those. Though you might see more now since they went on sale not so long ago and I made a BH cathar thanks to that.

But I am still trying to at least make some alien alts now, but the other issue is the voice, sometimes the voice just doesn't fit so well with the species.

I alternate between new races every time I make a character. However, during the last merge I lost half my characters [about 25], and when I picked and chose the ones that would survive, a lot of the aliens didn't get picked, so it's very lopsided now.

Haha as mostly empire side my Marauder would probably respond with a light saber through the gut. Assuming your race has a gut in the same spot humans do.

Assuming your marauder could catch her off guard, which doesn’t happen in the presence of humans. She has quite a few very good reasons to hate humans in general. Any that she doesn’t absolutely loathe and completely distrust are very notable exceptions.

I have a self imposed compulsory rule I can only have 1 human character, which is my Sith Assassin. Twi'lek and Sith Purebloods are my favourite races and most numerous amongst my characters, followed by Cathar and Miraluka. Edited by Ylliarus

Rattataki are bald. May not like the tattoo options either.

Zabrak have no good hair options. :/

Personally, I haven't liked a single Pureblood I've made.

Mirialan I just haven't gotten into, but I feel a male on of these is what the Smuggler is supposed to be.

Miraluka I feel have terrible mask options and I'd like more hair options.

Cyborg and Cyborg are my go to races myself, with Human if I really want the tattoo or scar option not allowed on the others. Though I may have rerolled the humans. I do have one twi'lek, because I like their dark side look.

I have two SW, both human. I have two IAs, one human and the other is Chiss.

My Republic trooper is human. I'm just usually not a fan of playing aliens but for my Chiss IA it works nicely. She's also the only character who doesn't have a romance because she's already in love with a man she can't be with.

Why don't people play any of the other races much? You never see a Cathar or Miraluka running around.

I think there are restrictions if you have not unlocked races with cartel coins. I think you once couldn't play as a sith pure-blood on Jedi classes for example.

Because most of the alien races are just humans with different skin colours and less customization options:

My Sith Warrior is a human, because human, cyborg and purebood are the only races that really fit the Sith Warrior's Korriban story arc but human gets the cool eye tattoo as Sith Warrior.

My Sith Inquisitor is human, because human is the only race that can get the face model I wanted for him.

My bounty hunter is human, because I wanted the BH-Human specific face tats.

Mirulaka are just humans with blindfolds. Cyborgs are just humans with cybernetics. Zabrak are just humans with horns and bad hairstyles. Twilek and Togruta can't wear helmets or hoods. I don't like the Cathar... at all, and never bothered to unlock them from the CM. Etc.

Normally in MMOs I try to create characters of every race for flavour and variety, but the racial options in SWTOR outside of Humans, Purebloods, Mirialans and Chiss don't really appeal to me, and in most cases there are better customization options for Humans than the latter three.

Edited by Genaya

Don't know, i don't play humans. I personally think that playing humans in SW setting is pretty meh and boring.

Most of my characters are Zabrak (imp/dark version). One of my sorcerers and one of shadow's are Twi'lek, the other sorcerer is Chiss, the other shadow and one of maradeurs are Miraluka, and my agent and my JK are Togruta. Oh, and my trooper, the only male char i have, is Cathar.

I didn't liked any of humans and purebloods i've made and deleted them all soon after creation. Humans are pretty average and boring and purebloods just look ugly to me.

My main Jedi Knight is human, but most of my other characters are not. I'm a particularly big fan of my Sith Pureblood Warrior.

I also really loved the designs I came up with for my Miraluka Consular and my Zabrak Agent. It seems I'm not the only one, because I remember being hit on when playing as them. :rolleyes:

Of my other main characters, my Smuggler is a Twi'lek, my Trooper is a Zabrak, my Inquisitor is also a Pureblood, and my Bounty Hunter is a Cyborg.

I used a Cather for an alternate DS Knight. I have more humans for alternate versions of my main classes.

Edited by OldVengeance

I have played each of the races to count for the Legacy unlock because I'm a cheapskate. Only reason I have the Cathar unlock was it was a thank you gift for running a friend's brother through a bunch of stuff and crafting him a load of gear. The only ones I keep around now are:

JK-Sith Pureblood

JK- Cathar

JC- Sith Pureblood

SW- Sith Pureblood

SI- Sith Pureblood

IA- Chiss

BH- Red Zabrak

BH- Cyborg

Trooper-Cyborg

I freely own up to my bias towards Sith Purebloods. Just wish they had more options for the skin jewelry.