Archeolgy nodes still completely broken

deserttfoxx

well every node in the unfinished colossus slave camps are just on my map but i cant click them, i run into them run around them but i cant touch them.

Noticed this yesterday as well. About half of the nodes I have run into I was able to harvest from.

I ran into this last night on Coruscant. I was unable to gather from any crystal node that I ran across...I asked in trade chat, it seems to be isolated and not affecting everyone...

I've done everything but drop the skill and relearn it (I spent a bunch of credits getting it to 50 thinking something might have changed)...

Something definitely isn't working correctly...

I also submitted a ticket and the ticket mentions they are aware of the issue, and it will be fixed in an upcoming patch....

Edited by Alilynn

Has it ever crossed your mind that it's recently gathered and thats why you cant harvest? This is my experience from beta because sometime I could, sometimes not (same spot/crystal) Edited by Azeth

Has it ever crossed your mind that it's recently gathered and thats why you cant harvest? This is my experience from beta because sometime I could, sometimes not (same spot/crystal)

Now that is an interesting comment. Perhaps it is this way. I did have trouble in beta with my companion with this. He would go harvest, but because of distance to the object or it's location under some stairs, or something else made him stuck in harvest mode and unable to help in a fight I was doing nearby. All my button mashing did not work to get him off the resource node.

I guess we will see, come patch, if we have a clarification on this matter.

well every node in the unfinished colossus slave camps are just on my map but i cant click them, i run into them run around them but i cant touch them.

Heyla!

These ones were borked for me in all the betas I ran Imperial side. That camp is horrible with them. I even went back later thinking I wasn't high enough for them and still no go.

It's been bugged a lot so hopefully they'll fix them soon.

Cheers!

~R~

You know you can gather node yourself by shift-clicking it? But that's not the problem with your companion stuck, or node being gathered recently. It's a bug from beta where nodes sometimes spawn incorrectly, and people can't interact with them at all - they don't get error messsages and can't efen start trying to pick them up.

is your skil high enough to interact? i know thats a silly question but.....

Even if they are a much higher level you can still interact somewhat, meaning your cursor changes shape, but is usually grayed out indicating you are not high enough level.

What the OP is talking about is a resource that is there and shows up on the map, but your cursor remains the same. It is totally non interactive.

I noticed this a lot in beta.

Usually if a resource node has already been collected it disappears quite quickly. Unless there is a bug where it stays around being inert.

Any got any hints or tips where to harvest on Tython..? Crystal cave?

Does the crew skill level autamaticlly or must I see a trainer every time?

Tython, being a starter world does not have any crafting resources to harvest. You do not learn crafting until you are done with the starter planet and have moved on to Carrick Station.

You will need to see the trainer at intervals to buy new recipes. However you automatically increase in crafting levels as you progress. You just need to manually buy the higher level recipes every so often.

Usually if a resource node has already been collected it disappears quite quickly. Unless there is a bug where it stays around being inert.

If it's bug fom beta, it's bugged spawning, not despawning.

I was farming corruscant for resources and saw how those bugged ones spawn - they appear, but are not interactable from beginning.

Now that is an interesting comment. Perhaps it is this way. I did have trouble in beta with my companion with this. He would go harvest, but because of distance to the object or it's location under some stairs, or something else made him stuck in harvest mode and unable to help in a fight I was doing nearby. All my button mashing did not work to get him off the resource node.

I guess we will see, come patch, if we have a clarification on this matter.

That happened to my companion in beta when he would run out to harvest and someone else would harvest it before he could. I submitted a ticket, but I guess they didn't fix it for live. :(

Edited by Skizzik

The reason this happens is people gather a node but don't take the mats. The node is then flagged as collected but lingers around waiting for the player to collect it. Highly irritating, but nothing you can do about it.

That's what I thought too, but in beta there were nodes that were un-harvestable an entire weekend.

I'm wondering if you change instances if you would be able to harvest from that same node?

Has anyone tried that?