Questing on Low Level Planets

Cordatius

In your opinion, what is the best way to deal with being too high of a level for a planet? I currently have a level 28 sorcerer on Nar Shadda, which is a pretty high level. As I will be moving to Tattoine on the same footing, should I just skip all of the quests and only do class quest? Or just do all of the quests anyway?

PS I'm trying to level up as quickly as possible so I can start making good credits from dailies, etc

Try not to get too levelled or you won't get xp. In other words, stop doing kdy and play the story. ;) Do the class and planetary questlines, skipping sidequests until you're only 2 or 3 levels over where you should be. Edited by errant_knight

It's true that your XP tanks if you're at too high a level, but once in awhile it can be to your advantage for the rewards. Heroics typically award three planetary commendations. If you find yourself short, you can solo a quick Heroic in a few minutes to gain those comms, which are just as good as those where you are a higher level.

I actually do all the quests on one planet and then only class quests the next 2. I alternate which ones I choose to do all the quests on so it doesn't get too boring with my next alt.

This, Ive been doing it since release, but with a KDY thrown in daily now.

Frankly, I know the XP tanks if you get too high and they go gray, but the Planetary Coms you get for completing most quests are good at any level, and they're the best way to get good gear for your actual level. Just go to fleet and go to the planet vendor with your level. If you can hit level 50 by the end of Belsavis/beggining of Voss, and have 100 Planetary Coms saved up, you can hit the Makeb vendor and get the Lvl 140 Mods very early, and any Planetary Coms you gain on Voss, Corellia and Makeb will all go towards armoring up your favorite companions as well.