STILL can't choose what WARZONE we QUEUE for?

Judge

Why Bioware would you make it a crap shoot as to what War zone you play?

Why would you not give us a CHOICE?!?

1. more balanced number of warzone pops.

2. large pool to draw from, thus helping the matchmaking system draw from the largest possible pool of players.

3. ensures that warzone play doesnt all become one warzone - with the highest reward, by default.

4. improves player ability to play all warzones, rather than most new people picking one and sticking with it and then being horrible when in other zones.

5. variety is the spice of life.

6. i like turtles.

2. large pool to draw from, thus helping the matchmaking system draw from the largest possible pool of players.

3. ensures that warzone play doesnt all become one warzone - with the highest reward, by default.

4. improves player ability to play all warzones, rather than most new people picking one and sticking with it and then being horrible when in other zones.

6. i like turtles.

Stop using common sense. It will hurt those not as intelligente!

6. i like turtles.

1. Don't really see why some people has to play a warzone they don't like.

2. Funny how ''MMO''s are worried about a pool of players. Last time I checked, pretty much every ''multiplayer'' game lets you play what you w-a-n-t.

3. There shouldn't be any with the highest reward. And anyway, shouldn't victory be the greatest reward in PvP?

4. Again, forcing players to play something they don't want != Fun.

5. Agreed. But only when it's your choice. You like getting fired? That's variety.

6. I like snakes.

Edited by SneiK

I agree, it all comes down to choice. Some warzones are enjoyable and some are not. Why should players be forced into warzones that they utterly hate? If a warzone is under populated there's a reason. They need to fix the reason, not force players to put up with it.

• 11 months later...

this would significantly reduce queue times, no thanks.

what i would like to see is some kind of diminishing returns on the number of times you can get the same warzone over an extended period of time. say you queue, and get into huttball. in the code, a modifier would be added that would decrease the chance of you being queued for another huttball.

after a certain amount of time (not that long, maybe 5 minutes) the modifier would become passive and you would just get into whatever warzone you could get into first. say its another huttball, which would add further to your "no huttball" modifier".

now say you get into a void star next. the "void star" modifier would gain weight, but the huttball modifier would lose weight.

basically the more of one warzone you do, the less likely you are to see multiple repeats (nobody likes 3 huttballs in 4 matches, variety plox) of warzone types.

this would be a little tricky to code i think, but would be a cool feature that would not have a drastic adverse affect on warzone queues

All wanna just DEATHMATCH warzone WITHOUT any objectives.

Yes, its not Ancient Hypergates, which with objectives too... all wanna just plain and simply, fun and relax DEATHMATCH!

world pvp offers that option.

granted, it takes a lot of effort to organize (no x-faction chat STILL in game), but you could organize with opposing guilds and meet up somewhere to duke it out.

you can also do it same-faction in Outlaw's Den.

personally, i prefer there to be *some* objective other than "kill the red dots!", as it helps to distinguish good and bad players. if it was just straight up TDM, everyone in PvP would be a smashmonkey, regardless of skill level

this would significantly reduce queue times, no thanks.

what i would like to see is some kind of diminishing returns on the number of times you can get the same warzone over an extended period of time. say you queue, and get into huttball. in the code, a modifier would be added that would decrease the chance of you being queued for another huttball.

after a certain amount of time (not that long, maybe 5 minutes) the modifier would become passive and you would just get into whatever warzone you could get into first. say its another huttball, which would add further to your "no huttball" modifier".

now say you get into a void star next. the "void star" modifier would gain weight, but the huttball modifier would lose weight.

basically the more of one warzone you do, the less likely you are to see multiple repeats (nobody likes 3 huttballs in 4 matches, variety plox) of warzone types.

this would be a little tricky to code i think, but would be a cool feature that would not have a drastic adverse affect on warzone queues

Its mainly because people are terrible at recalling things they like but great at recalling things that make them mad. Gahhh 4th match I hate in a row..... that peple remember. They forget about the several times they got the same warzone they love over and over.

I have been keeping track of the numbers for the past several months (started when NC came out). Excluding matches that were already in progress, so far it is about even with a total difference of 10 matches popping from the highest to lowest. Over time it is random and even.

VS 152

HB 151

NC 157

CW 147

Awful idea letting people choose. True skill means being able to cope, no matter what the warzone is. If you dislike a certain warzone, it may be because you suck at it, in which case, its your fault for sucking. Stop sucking and get better.

And no, for the record I'm not a smashmonkey trying to hold my hypothetical Huttball advantage. I play a merc healer. Weakest of the weak.

Edited by Adellion

Normal warzones should not be about skill, they should be about fun.

Hence, it is not fun to play a map one doesn't like.

In rateds, I play to win, so I don't care about the ability to choose the map there.

And no, you don't necessarily have to split queues. One route could be letting people mark 'preferred' 'neutral' 'not preferred' maps and the queue system would take those into consideration.

The problem is getting worse after every new warzone they release.

...And to the guy above: you get better by repeating. If you can't choose a warzone, you can't repeat. Hence you will not become the best that you could be.

Edited by SneiK

Awful idea letting people choose. True skill means being able to cope, no matter what the warzone is. If you dislike a certain warzone, it may be because you suck at it, in which case, its your fault for sucking. Stop sucking and get better.

And no, for the record I'm not a smashmonkey trying to hold my hypothetical Huttball advantage. I play a merc healer. Weakest of the weak.

Maybe so but everytime I see I queued for a huttball match I leave. :D